The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

10 words - the Alphabet

Joanna Liao

10 words - the Alphabet Empty 10 words - the Alphabet

Post  Joanna Liao Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:43 pm

10 Most used Letters in the Alphabet
    Brought back by popular demand, these letters of the alphabet have been given one or several new meaning(s), excluding their genuine purpose to serve in being put together to form a word. Be sure to keep up with the increasing trend of the new usages for the letters by studying the following:
    1. I - The letter apple seems to enjoy putting in front of every single product they sell. It’s extremely rare to go on for a day without hearing someone use the letter ‘i’ before a word.
    “I thought he was trying to act like a caveman when he told me he needed to come over to my ihouse to use my imac so he could go on itunes to upload isongs on his ipod that he bought for his imom.
    2. K- A term of acknowledgement; esp. without particular interest. Typically used by older siblings or people too busy eating. Short telephone conversations might, sometimes, contain only three different words: hello? K…k…k…k bye.
    “After texting my boyfriend a three hundred word text about the fight I had with my best friend earlier, all he replied with was ‘K’.
    3. U- Shorthand for the word "you", commonly used on the internet by those of low intellect or those who are much too lazy to type a three letter word. Trends like these are slowly making there way down to elementary schools, causing confusion between the poor children just beginning to learn how to spell.
    “Bob rarely goes on YouTube because when he types the URL he uses the letter ‘U’ instead of the word ‘you’, thus causing him confusion when the internet page opens a random website.”
    4. R- The letter pirates use when greeting others, also shorthand for the word “are”.
    “After working in a pirate store for a week, I started to say ‘R’ before something mildly important… outside of work.”
    5. Q- The only letter that doesn’t appear in the names of the 50 states. It’s used by the Chinese to express chewy; also the pronunciation for “cute” by Asians. In Arcadia, this letter is heard one (or more) too many times.
    “My mom was trying to tell our neighbors that their dog was adorable but she ended up saying, ‘That doggy is so Q!’”
    6. X- Marked spot where pirates find treasure, secret agent term “code x”, slang for ecstasy, and a written kiss used because a real one would be yucky. This word has so many meanings that when one overhears someone whispering about the letter x, it can be confused for illegally buying ecstasy, secretively and seductively whispering a kiss, a secret agent talking about a bomb, or the location of a treasure hunter’s new discovery.
    “Yesterday when I saw the letter X carved into the cement floor, I thought there would be a secret treasure underneath, turns out it was just a conservative couple, marking their love for each other on public property.”
    7. Z- the way Swedish people pronounce the word “the”.
    “When I moved from Sweden to America, no one understood my accent when I asked, ‘Where is Z bathroom?’”
    8. M- the letter used after eating something delightful; also used in brands such as M&M and H&M. Due to our unhealthful ways, local chain restaurants make everyone say the letter “M” too many times.
    “After drinking a low fat, double whipped cream, chocolate-mocha latte with chocolate shavings on top and an immunity booster, she said with a satisfied look on her face, ‘Mmmm’”
    9. O- the letter often used to make shocked facial expressions, due to its round shape that resembles a big and wide open mouth.
    “After being texted that my dog had run away, I was so shocked and speechless that all I could text in reply was ’:O’”
    10. V- Roman numeral five and the chemical symbol for Vanadium, this letter has many uses but is rarely heard or used in everyday common lingo.
    “Veronia’s various violin videos were vicariously voted very vicious… weird right?”
    ashleychi

10 words - the Alphabet Empty Re: 10 words - the Alphabet

Post  ashleychi Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:30 pm

EDIT 1

Brought back by popular demand, these letters of the alphabet have been given one or several new meaning(s), excluding their genuine [word choice] purpose to serve in being put together to form a word [awk, reword]. Be sure to keep up with the increasing trend of the new usages for the letters by studying the following:
    1. I - The letter apple [company, Apple Inc.,] seems to enjoy putting [insert: the letter 'I']in front of every single product they sell. It’s extremely rare to go on for a day without hearing someone use the letter ‘i’ before a word.
    “I thought he was trying to act like a caveman when he told me he needed to come over to my ihouse to use my imac so he could go on itunes to upload isongs on his ipod that he bought for his imom. [you might want to change your definition to match your sentence, or change the sentence to match your current definition because right now they don't match up.]
    2. K- A term of acknowledgement; esp. without particular interest. Typically used by older siblings or people too busy eating. Short telephone conversations might, sometimes, contain only three different words: hello? K…k…k…k bye.
    “After texting my boyfriend a three hundred word text about the fight I had with my best friend earlier, all he replied with was ‘K’.
    3. U- Shorthand for the word "you", commonly used on the internet by those of low intellect or those who are much too lazy to type a three letter word. Trends like these are slowly making there way [their ways] down to elementary schools, causing confusion between the poor children just beginning to learn how to spell.
    “Bob rarely goes on YouTube because when he types the URL he uses the letter ‘U’ instead of the word ‘you’, thus causing him confusion when the internet [Internet] page opens a random website.”
    4. R- The letter pirates use when greeting others, also shorthand for the word “are”.
    “After working in a pirate store for a week, I started to say ‘R’ before something mildly important… outside of work.”
    5. Q- The only letter that doesn’t appear in the names of the 50 states. It’s used by the Chinese to express chewy; also the pronunciation for “cute” by Asians. In Arcadia, this letter is heard one (or more) too many times.
    “My mom was trying to tell our neighbors that their dog was adorable but she ended up saying, ‘That doggy is so Q!’”
    6. X- Marked spot where pirates find treasure, secret agent term “code x”, slang for ecstasy, and a written kiss used because a real one would be yucky. [I'm not sure if people will agree with this.] This word has so many meanings that when one overhears someone whispering about the letter x, it can be confused for illegally buying ecstasy, secretively and seductively whispering a kiss, a secret agent talking about a bomb, or the location of a treasure hunter’s new discovery.
    “Yesterday when I saw the letter X carved into the cement floor, I thought there would be a secret treasure underneath, turns out it was just a conservative couple, marking their love for each other on public property.”
    “When I moved from Sweden to America, no one understood my accent when I asked, ‘Where is Z bathroom?’”
    8. M- the letter used after eating something delightful; also used in brands such as M&M and H&M. Due to our unhealthful ways, local chain restaurants make everyone say the letter “M” too many times.
    “After drinking a low fat, double whipped cream, chocolate-mocha latte with chocolate shavings on top and an immunity booster, she said with a satisfied look on her face, ‘Mmmm’”
    9. O- the letter often used to make shocked facial expressions, due to its round shape that resembles a big and wide open mouth.
    “After being texted that my dog had run away, I was so shocked and speechless that all I could text in reply was ’:O’”
    10. V- Roman numeral five and the chemical symbol for Vanadium, this letter has many uses but is rarely heard or used in everyday common lingo.
    “Veronia’s various violin videos were vicariously voted very vicious… weird right?”.
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Brought back by popular demand; these letters of the alphabet have been given one or several new meanings, excluding their genuine purpose to serve in being mixed to create a word. Be sure to keep up with the increasing trend of the new usages for the letters by studying the following:
    1. i - The letter Apple Inc. seems to enjoy putting 'i' in front of every single product they sell. It’s extremely rare to go on for a day without hearing someone use the letter ‘i’ before a word.
    “I thought he was trying to act like a caveman when he told me he needed to come over to my ihouse to use my imac so he could go on itunes to upload isongs on his ipod that he bought for his imom.
    2. k- A term of acknowledgement; esp. without particular interest. Typically used by older siblings or people too busy eating. Short telephone conversations might, sometimes, contain only three different words: hello? K…k…k…k bye.
    3. U- Shorthand for the word "you", commonly used on the internet by people who are too lazy to type a three letter word. Trends like these are slowly making their ways down to elementary schools, causing confusion between the poor children just beginning to learn how to spell.
    “Bob rarely goes on YouTube because when he types the URL he uses the letter ‘U’ instead of the word ‘you’, causing him confusion when the Internet page opens a random website.”
    6. X- Marked spot where pirates find treasure, secret agent term “code x”, slang for ecstasy, and a written kiss used because a real one would be yucky. This word has so many meanings that when one overhears someone whispering about the letter x, it can be confused for illegally buying ecstasy, secretively and seductively whispering a kiss, a secret agent talking about a bomb, or the location of a treasure hunter’s new discovery.
    “After being texted that my dog had run away, I was so shocked and speechless that all I could text in reply was :O”
    “Veronica’s various violin videos were vicariously voted very vicious… weird right?”

**my editors didn’t say anything about some of the sentences you told me to change so I think I should just … keep it yeah? (: ty
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:58 pm

EDIT 2

Brought back by popular demand; these letters of the alphabet have been given one or several new meanings, excluding their genuine purpose to serve in being mixed to create a word. Be sure to keep up with the increasing trend of the new usages for the letters by studying the following:
    1. i - The letter [replace with 'company'] Apple Inc. seems to enjoy putting 'i' in front of every single product they sell. It’s extremely rare to go on for a day without hearing someone use the letter ‘i’ before a word.
    “I thought he was trying to act like a caveman when he told me he needed to come over to my ihouse to use my imac so he could go on itunes to upload isongs on his ipod that he bought for his imom. [for the 'i' words I think that you're supposed to capitalize the letter after the 'i']
    2. k- A term of acknowledgement; esp. without particular interest. Typically used by older siblings or people too busy eating. Short telephone conversations might, sometimes, contain only three different words: hello? [capitalize] K…k…k…k bye.
    3. U- Shorthand for the word "you", commonly used on the internet [capitalize] by people who are too lazy to type a three letter word. Trends like these are slowly making their ways down to elementary schools, causing confusion between the poor children just beginning to learn how to spell.
    “Bob rarely goes on YouTube because when he types the URL he uses the letter ‘U’ instead of the word ‘you’, causing him confusion when the Internet page opens a random website.”
    5. Q- The only letter that doesn’t appear in the names of the 50 states. It’s used by the Chinese to express chewy; also the pronunciation for “cute” by Asians. In Arcadia, this letter is heard one (or more) [delete] too many times.
    “After being texted that my dog had run away, I was so shocked and speechless that all I could text in reply was :O”
    “Veronica’s various violin videos were vicariously voted very vicious… weird right?”

**okay thanks for making sure (:
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:22 pm

1. i - The company Apple Inc. seems to enjoy putting 'i' in front of every single product they sell. It’s extremely rare to go on for a day without hearing someone use the letter ‘i’ before a word.
    “I thought he was trying to act like a caveman when he told me he needed to come over to my iHouse to use my iMac so he could go on iTunes to upload iSongs on his iPod that he bought for his iMom.
    2. k- A term of acknowledgement; esp. without particular interest. Typically used by older siblings or people too busy eating. Short telephone conversations might, sometimes, contain only three different words: Hello? K…k…k…k bye.
    3. U- Shorthand for the word "you", commonly used on the Internet by people who are too lazy to type a three letter word. Trends like these are slowly making their ways down to elementary schools, causing confusion between the poor children just beginning to learn how to spell.
    5. Q- The only letter that doesn’t appear in the names of the 50 states. It’s used by the Chinese to express chewy; also the pronunciation for “cute” by Asians. In Arcadia, this letter is heard one too many times.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm