The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Alice Yang: Reflections Winner

annanaran

Alice Yang: Reflections Winner Empty Alice Yang: Reflections Winner

Post  annanaran Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:10 am

Alice Yang, a freshman at AHS is the new Picasso on campus. Using her love of learning and her passion for art Alice Yang was able to create the winning piece for the 2008-2009 Reflections National PTA Art Contest. Out of 500,000 contestants Alice Yang came out on top.
    Alice’s piece titled “Knowledge is Power” incorporated subjects and topics learned all throughout middle school into an incredible piece of artwork depicting students learning. When asked what she wanted her “Knowledge is Power” piece to express she said, “I hope my art will convey a certain relationship towards learning, I want to show that knowledge is power.” Alice Yang defiantly got her point across.
    After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1500. In additions she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for Reflections she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news. According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning the contest.
    Alice Yang began taking art classes at the age of five in San Gabriel at Lei Wang’s W. California Art Academy. Alice focuses mostly on drawing but she keeps an open mind about different forms of art. We will be seeing a lot more of Alice Yang’s art work in the future.
    Arcadia High’s Got Talent!
    1 in 500,000
    Alice Yang Wow’s the Reflections Contest
    reginaliu

Alice Yang: Reflections Winner Empty Re: Alice Yang: Reflections Winner

Post  reginaliu Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Alice Yang, a freshman at AHS is the new Picasso on campus. Using her love of learning and her passion for art Alice Yang was able to create [created] the winning piece for the 2008-2009 Reflections National PTA Art Contest. Out of 500,000 contestants Alice Yang came out on top.
    Alice’s piece titled “Knowledge is Power” incorporated subjects and topics learned all throughout middle school into an incredible piece of artwork depicting students learning. When asked what she wanted her “Knowledge is Power” piece to express she said, “I hope my art will convey a certain relationship towards learning, I want to show that knowledge is power.” Alice Yang defiantly [definitely?] got her point across.
    After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1500 [1,500]. In additions [In addition] she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for Reflections she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news.["] According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning the contest.
    Alice Yang began taking art classes at the age of five in San Gabriel at Lei Wang’s W. California Art Academy. Alice focuses mostly [mainly] on drawing but she keeps an open mind about different forms of art. We will be seeing a lot more of Alice Yang’s art work in the future.
    1 in 500,000 [Spell out figures in sentence or headline beginnings.]
    annanaran

Post  annanaran Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:10 pm

Alice Yang, a freshman at AHS is the new Picasso on campus. Using her love of learning and her passion for art Alice Yang created the winning piece for the 2008-2009 Reflections National PTA Art Contest. Out of 500,000 contestants Alice Yang came out on top.
    Alice’s piece titled “Knowledge is Power” incorporated subjects and topics learned all throughout middle school, using the theme of the contest “WOW,” into an incredible piece of artwork depicting students learning. When asked what she wanted her “Knowledge is Power” piece to express she said, “I hope my art will convey a certain relationship towards learning, I want to show that knowledge is power.” She also mentioned, “I want to show in my work that knowledge can be inspirational and also that learning could be adventurous.” Alice lastly explained that great things can come from reading and learning and she wanted her piece to express that learning can take your mind places you could never have imagined. Alice Yang definitely got her point across.
    When asked how she felt when she found out that she won the contest she said, “ [get a quote from Alice Yang]
    After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1,500. [a quote from Alice Yang talking about the scholarship] In addition she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for Reflections she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news. According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning the contest.
    Alice Yang began taking art classes at the age of five in San Gabriel at Lei Wang’s W. California Art Academy. Alice focuses mostly on drawing but she keeps an open mind about different forms of art. We will be seeing a lot more of Alice Yang’s art work in the future.
    One in Five Hundred Thousand
    annanaran

Post  annanaran Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:13 pm

Alice Yang, a freshman at AHS is the new Picasso on campus. Using her love of learning and her passion for art Alice Yang created the winning piece for the 2008-2009 Reflections National PTA Art Contest. Out of 500,000 contestants Alice Yang came out on top.
    Alice’s piece titled “Knowledge is Power” incorporated subjects and topics learned all throughout middle school, using the theme of the contest “WOW,” into an incredible piece of artwork depicting students learning. When asked what she wanted her “Knowledge is Power” piece to express she said, “I hope my art will convey a certain relationship towards learning, I want to show that knowledge is power.” She also mentioned, “I want to show in my work that knowledge can be inspirational and also that learning could be adventurous.” Alice lastly explained that great things can come from reading and learning and she wanted her piece to express that learning can take your mind places you could never have imagined. Alice Yang definitely got her point across.
    When asked how she felt when she found out that she won the contest she said, “ [get a quote from Alice Yang]
    After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1,500. [a quote from Alice Yang talking about the scholarship] In addition she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for Reflections she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news.” According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning the contest.
    Alice Yang began taking art classes at the age of five in San Gabriel at Lei Wang’s W. California Art Academy. Alice focuses mainly on drawing but she keeps an open mind about different forms of art. We will be seeing a lot more of Alice Yang’s art work in the future.
    annanaran

Post  annanaran Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:29 pm

When asked how she felt when she found out that she won the contest she simply stated, “I was in awe!” After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1,500. The scholarship was, “eight-hundred dollars for college,” however “it was not really to any specific place.” In addition she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for Reflections she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news.” According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning the contest.
    Alice Yang began taking art classes at the age of five in San Gabriel at Lei Wang’s W. California Art Academy. Alice focuses mainly on drawing but she keeps an open mind about different forms of art. She does not know exactly what she want to pursue when she is older but she mentioned that she wants to major in art in college. However she is in no rush to figure out what she wants to be when she grows up. We will be seeing a lot more of Alice Yang’s art work in the future.

annanaran

Post  annanaran Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:46 pm

Alice’s piece titled “Knowledge is Power” incorporated subjects and topics learned all throughout middle school. Using the theme of the contest “WOW,” she created an incredible piece of artwork depicting students learning. When asked what she wanted her “Knowledge is Power” piece to express she said, “I hope my art will convey a certain relationship towards learning, I want to show that knowledge is power.” She also mentioned, “I want to show in my work that knowledge can be inspirational and also that learning could be adventurous.” Alice lastly explained that great things can come from reading and learning and she wanted her piece to express that learning can take your mind places you could never have imagined. Alice Yang definitely got her point across.
    When asked how she felt when she found out that she won the contest she simply stated, “I was in awe!” After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1,500. The scholarship was, “eight-hundred dollars for college,” however “it was not really to any specific place.” In addition she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for the Reflections contest she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news.” According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning the contest.
    Alice began taking art classes at the age of five in San Gabriel at Lei Wang’s W. California Art Academy. Alice focuses mainly on drawing but she keeps an open mind about different forms of art. She does not know exactly what she wants to pursue when she is older but she knows that she wants to major in art in college. She is in no rush to figure out what she wants to do after college. What we do know is that we will be seeing a lot more of Alice Yang’s art work in the future.

reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Alice’s piece titled “Knowledge is Power” incorporated subjects and topics learned all throughout middle school. Using the theme of the contest “WOW,” she created an incredible piece of artwork depicting students learning. When asked what she wanted her “Knowledge is Power” piece to express she said, “I hope my art will convey a certain relationship towards learning, I want to show that knowledge is power.” She also mentioned, “I want to show in my work that knowledge can be inspirational and also that learning could be adventurous.” Alice lastly explained that great things can come from reading and learning and she wanted her piece to express that learning can take your mind places you could never have imagined. Alice Yang definitely got her point across.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for the Reflections contest she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news.” According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning the contest. [Place this sentence after you first say how she felt about winning the contest. Then don't repeat "winning the contest" in the next sentence when you say she traveled to Florida.]
    Alice began taking art classes at the age of five in San Gabriel at Lei Wang’s W. California Art Academy. Alice focuses mainly on drawing but she keeps an open mind about different forms of art. She does not know exactly what she wants to pursue when she is older but she knows that she wants to major in art in college. She is in no rush to figure out what she wants to do after college. What we do know is that we will be seeing a lot more of Alice Yang’s art work in the future.

annanaran

Post  annanaran Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:30 pm

When asked how she felt when she found out that she won the contest she simply stated, “I was in awe!” According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning. After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1,500. The scholarship was, “eight-hundred dollars for college,” however “it was not really to any specific place.” In addition she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for the Reflections contest she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news.”

reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:49 pm

When asked how she felt when she found out that she won the contest she simply stated, “I was in awe!” According to Alice Yang she is still shocked about winning. After winning the contest, Alice traveled to Florida where she accepted a scholarship and award before an audience of 1,500. The scholarship was, “eight-hundred dollars for college,” however “it was not really to any specific place.” In addition she received the Principle’s Recognition, National Reflections “Outstanding” Award for Visual Arts from First Avenue Middle School.
    When asked when she first became interested in signing up for the Reflections contest she stated, “I heard about it first through the First Avenue news.”

annanaran

Post  annanaran Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:00 am

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:18 am