The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

Nerd article - homecoming edition

Joanna Liao

Nerd article - homecoming edition Empty Nerd article - homecoming edition

Post  Joanna Liao Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:19 am

Spot the Nerd
    Hey, do you want to play Find Waldo. Sorry, we don’t have that game here at Homecoming… how about playing Spot the Nerd?
    Lets start at the dance floor. See that group over there doing cool flips and break dancing moves? If you guessed they were the nerds… you should rewire that peanut you call your brain ‘cause that’s incorrect! Well, do you see that group of terribly slouched, some what insecure looking boys wearing tuxes matched with rainbow colored bowties? No? I’m talking about the ones getting down, getting funky, and getting downright jiggy with it; the ones yelling “CAN YOU DIG IT”? Yup, right there. That small group is called the Don’t-you-think-I-dance-like-a-rock-star nerds. Moving on to the dark, cramped, uncharted sections of the Homecoming area, see any nerds? No? That’s because you’re not looking beyond the boys and girls delightfully sharing spit with each other. Still don’t see ’em? Well stand on your tippie toes and look over the couples gnawing at each others faces and notice the laptop screens. Yea, right there. Another group of nerds, hiding behind the secret make out sessions at Homecoming, sneaking envious peeks at their wet, sloppy, smooches. Why are they even at homecoming you ask? Well… the experience has been said to be pretty awesome, so they might as well go right? But just in case they got bored, they brought their laptops. A whole night contributed to playing Halo, Maplestory, and caring for their crops on the ever so popular Facebook game – Farmville. This group is called the yea-I-went-to-homecoming-do-you-think-I’m-cool-now nerds. The remaining portion of Spot the Nerd takes place in throughout homecoming, these nerds are scattered amongst the regular teens, can you spot them? No, not that kid staring at that girls butt, we call those perverts not nerds. There’s one right next to you, shaking your date’s hand, and now moving on to the next attractive yet utterly creeped out female. This is the miscellaneous set of nerds; their weird actions are so diverse, yet still incredibly nerdy that they have yet to earn their own nerdy group name… so for now, let’s just call them the misc. nerds. That ends our exhilarating game or Spot the Nerd. I expect that this stimulating game has helped you develop a watchful eye for the several types of nerds. I also hope that while you were reading this article, you didn’t feel like you were reading about yourself…
    jennylin

Nerd article - homecoming edition Empty Re: Nerd article - homecoming edition

Post  jennylin Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:57 pm

LOLLLLLL
    Joanna Shen

Post  Joanna Shen Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:15 pm

Spot the Nerd
    Hey, do you want to play Find Waldo.[?] Sorry, we don’t have that game here at Homecoming… how about playing Spot the Nerd?
    Lets start at the dance floor. See that group over there doing cool flips and break dancing moves? If you guessed they were the nerds… you should rewire that peanut you call your brain ‘cause [because] that’s incorrect! Well, do you see that group of terribly slouched, some what insecure looking boys wearing tuxes matched [awk. word choice] with rainbow[-]colored bowties? No? I’m talking about the ones getting down, getting funky, and getting downright jiggy with it; the ones yelling “CAN YOU DIG IT”? Yup, right there. That small group is called the Don’t-you-think-I-dance-like-a-rock-star nerds. Moving on to the dark, cramped, uncharted sections of the Homecoming area, see any nerds? No? That’s because you’re not looking beyond the boys and girls delightfully sharing spit with each other. Still don’t see ’em? Well stand on your tippie toes and look over the couples gnawing at each others faces and notice the laptop screens. Yea, right there. Another group of nerds, hiding behind the secret make out sessions [too many references to making out] at Homecoming, sneaking envious peeks at their wet, sloppy, smooches. Why are they even at homecoming you ask? Well… the experience has been said to be pretty awesome, so they might as well go right? But just in case they got bored, they brought their laptops. A whole night contributed to playing Halo, Maplestory, and caring for their crops on the ever so popular Facebook game – Farmville. This group is called the yea-I-went-to-homecoming-do-you-think-I’m-cool-now nerds. The remaining portion of Spot the Nerd takes place in [delete] throughout homecoming [the venue? hc is more like the name of the dance rather than the place], [end sentence] these nerds are scattered amongst the regular teens,[;] can you spot them? No, not that kid staring at that girl[']s butt,[run on sentence] we call those perverts not nerds. There’s one right next to you, shaking your date’s hand, and now moving on to the next attractive yet utterly creeped out female. This is the miscellaneous set of nerds; their weird actions are so diverse, yet still incredibly nerdy that they have yet to earn their own nerdy group name… so for now, let’s just call them the misc. nerds. That ends our exhilarating game or [of] Spot the Nerd. I expect that this stimulating game has helped you develop a watchful eye for the several types of nerds. I also hope that while you were reading this article, you didn’t feel like you were reading about yourself…
    Joanna Liao

Nerd article - homecoming edition Empty edit #2

Post  Joanna Liao Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:30 am

Spot the Nerd
    Hey, do you want to play Find Waldo? Sorry, we don’t have that game here at Homecoming… how about playing Spot the Nerd?
    Let’s start at the entrance. Most Homecoming couples come in fancy limos or cool cars. Well then how do you find the nerds? Well, they certainly aren’t those cool cats slowly entering the premises… they’re the ones behind them! Yup, they’re the ones coming to homecoming on those dashing new, flashy scooters. That’s right; I’m talking about hot, two-wheeled, super-attractive vehicles. Only the nerdiest of nerds have them. The next area where nerds tend to reside is the dance floor. See that group over there doing cool flips and break dancing moves? If you guessed they were the nerds… you should rewire that peanut you call your brain because that’s incorrect! Well, do you see that group of terribly slouched, some what insecure looking boys wearing tuxes with rainbow-colored bowties? No? I’m talking about the ones getting down, getting funky, and getting downright jiggy with it; the ones yelling “CAN YOU DIG IT”? Yup, right there. That small group is called the Don’t-you-think-I-dance-like-a-rock-star nerds. Next is the semi-large group of grumbling, angry looking nerds. Why are they so mad and red-faced? It’s because of the music of course. All they’re playing is pop, rock, hip-hop, and R&B. Enough of Akon, Chris Brown, Coldplay, and Relient K! From afar you can hear half the childish nerds screaming that they want Hanna Montana, The Jonas Brothers, or The Wiggles. The other half is screaming for the never ending classical melody of Bach, Beethoven, and Chopin. A small portion of nerds who are too confused in the situation are frantically shrieking,”Hanna Montana and Miley Cyrus! We want the best of both worlds!” Since the hip DJ is unable to satisfy their needs, the nerds are forced to sit on the sidelines and bash their eardrums with the loud, meaningless music. Moving on to the dark, cramped, uncharted sections of the Homecoming area, see any nerds? No? That’s because you’re not looking beyond the boys and girls delightfully sharing spit with each other. Still don’t see ’em? Well stand on your tippie toes and look over the sickening and unpleasant couples and notice the laptop screens. Yea, right there. Another group of nerds, hiding behind the secret make out sessions at Homecoming, sneaking envious peeks at their wet, sloppy, smooches. Why are they even at homecoming you ask? Well… the experience has been said to be pretty awesome, so they might as well go right? But just in case they got bored, they brought their laptops. A whole night contributed to playing Halo, Maplestory, Starcraft, and caring for their crops on the ever so popular Facebook game – Farmville. This group is called the yea-I-went-to-homecoming-do-you-think-I’m-cool-now nerds. The remaining portion of Spot the Nerd takes place throughout the venue. These nerds are scattered amongst the regular teens; can you spot them? No, not that kid staring at that girl's butt. We call those perverts not nerds. There’s one right next to you, shaking your date’s hand, and now moving on to the next attractive yet utterly creeped out female. This is the miscellaneous set of nerds; their weird actions are so diverse, yet still incredibly nerdy that they have yet to earn their own nerdy group name… so for now, let’s just call them the misc. nerds. That ends our exhilarating game of Spot the Nerd. I expect that this stimulating game has helped you develop a watchful eye for the several types of nerds. I also hope that while you were reading this article, you didn’t feel like you were reading about yourself…

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:39 am