The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

Girls Varsity Soccer

reginaliu

Girls Varsity Soccer Empty Girls Varsity Soccer

Post  reginaliu Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Girls Varsity Soccer

The new season has brought with it a few changes for the Arcadia Girls Varsity Soccer team. It’s normal for most teams to have a couple of new players every year, but in addition to welcoming new players this year, the soccer team has also welcomed a brand new assistant coach.

Receiving Carlos, the new assistant coach, was a bit “rough” at first, as observed by Coach Paul Myles. Being new to the team, Assistant Coach Carlos had to go through a couple difficulties in order to set his tone and expectations for the girls. Fortunately, as of Jan. 8, Coach Myles believes, “[The girls] respond to him better now and they respect him a lot more.”

Moreover, Assistant Coach Carlos has not only earned himself a respected position on the team, but benefited the team and fulfilled his duties as assistant coach as fully as possible. “I don't see him as an assistant. Everything we do, we do together. We make decisions together. He's made my job easier this year by just being able to be here. He is someone I can trust and [he makes] the girls improve their skills even in my absence,” Coach Myles comments. He also adds that he is “thrilled to have him [there] coaching.”

As the season commences, the overall season has improved as well as — and possibly because of — the coaching. “We’ve had a lot of injuries [and] some minor setbacks,” Coach Myles admits, “but as the season goes on, we’re improving week by week.”

Similar to the first few days with the new assistant coach, the first few games can be described as rough. The Girls Varsity Soccer team lost their first two games against Hart High School and La Salle High School, though not by a large margin.

However, the team won the following three games facing South Hills, Pasadena, and Hoover High School respectively by at least two points each match. In fact, the final score for the game of Dec. 16 against Hoover High School was 5-1. And not to mention, two days prior to that game, when facing Pasadena High School, AHS’s soccer team was able to prevent PHS from scoring a single point while scoring two points of their own.

With the promising new assistant coach to compliment the promising new year, the prospects for the remaining part of the season for the Girls Varsity Soccer team could hardly be brighter.
    reginaliu

Girls Varsity Soccer Empty Re: Girls Varsity Soccer

Post  reginaliu Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:48 pm

The new season has brought with it a few changes for the Arcadia Girls Varsity Soccer team. It’s normal for most teams to have a couple of new players every year, but in addition to welcoming new players this year, the soccer team has also welcomed a brand new assistant coach.

Receiving Carlos Guererro, the new assistant coach, was a bit “rough” at first, as observed by Coach Paul Myles. Being new to the team, Assistant Coach Guererro had to go through a couple difficulties in order to set his tone and expectations for the girls. Fortunately, as of Jan. 8, Coach Myles believes, “[The girls] respond to him better now and they respect him a lot more.”

Moreover, Assistant Coach Guererro has not only earned himself a respected position on the team, but benefited the team and fulfilled his duties as assistant coach as fully as possible. “I don't see him as an assistant. Everything we do, we do together. We make decisions together. He's made my job easier this year by just being able to be here. He is someone I can trust and [he makes] the girls improve their skills even in my absence,” Coach Myles comments. He also adds that he is “thrilled to have him [there] coaching.”

As the season commences, the overall season has improved as well as — and possibly because of — the coaching. “We’ve had a lot of injuries [and] some minor setbacks,” Coach Myles admits, “but as the season goes on, we’re improving week by week.”

Similar to the first few days with the new assistant coach, the first few games can be described as rough. The Girls Varsity Soccer team lost their first two games against Hart High School and La Salle High School, though not by a large margin.

However, the team won the following three games facing South Hills, Pasadena, and Hoover High School respectively by at least two points each match. In fact, the final score for the game of Dec. 16 against Hoover High School was 5-1. And not to mention, two days prior to that game, when facing Pasadena High School, AHS’s soccer team was able to prevent PHS from scoring a single point while scoring two points of their own.

With the promising new assistant coach to compliment the promising new year, the prospects for the remaining part of the season for the Girls Varsity Soccer team could hardly be brighter.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:33 am