The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Bean Sprouts

theresalee

Bean Sprouts Empty Bean Sprouts

Post  theresalee Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Bean Sprouts

Cheers to a New Year, lower Westsiders, Glutton Girl here, back from a relaxing and rejuvenating break. My resolution this year is to scour the streets of Arcadia to find the best and elite restaurants known to man’s taste buds. Okay, well maybe not that good. But at least pretty high up there on my scale of deliciousness.

With the new year just passing, many of us are still trying to keep up with our new year’s resolutions, whether it be to get straight A’s, get into a good college, or even lose a few pounds here and there. That’s why I chose a vegetarian café this time of year. And what kind of friend would I be if I suggested a restaurant that serves food packed with carbs and fat? That’s why I chose a vegetarian café this time of year. I’m sure many of you don’t know how a vegetarian diet is different other than the fact that no meat can be consumed. In fact, you probably didn’t know that keeping away from meats is actually very beneficial, health-wise and financial wise. Spotted! T arrives at Bean Sprouts located on the corner of First Ave. and Huntington Drive.

Bean Sprouts advertises a traditional Chinese style restaurant, but with a meat-free twist. Using imitation meat replacements, the dishes are all suitable for vegetarians. The facility space of this restaurant is not particularly generous, given the fact that there were only about a dozen or fewer tables. The décor consists of a small waterfall near the entrance to the restroom and a sort of a mini-bar off to the side. There was no wait time as there weren’t much people in the store to begin with. Throughout my meal, there were about two other customers so there is no need to worry about waiting time or a noisy atmosphere. On the contrary, the homely ambiance makes eating there a cozy experience.

I order a simple noodle soup with veg. beef flavor recommended by my vegetarian friend for normal meat eaters like me. Other items on the menu are typical Asian dishes that can be found at Tasty Garden, or some other local Chinese joint, including Udon Noodle Soup and Taiwanese Chow Mein. I would say that the prices are just reasonably moderate, dishes ranging from $6-$8. My food arrives within a few minutes (unusually fast under my standards for Chinese places) and my jaw just drops at the size of the bowl, which is easily two times the size of my face. Just by looking at the dish alone, I would have never thought that it contained no traces of beef. The salty and meaty taste of regular beef noodle soups is thoroughly incorporated into each mouth-watering bite. Apart from the firm noodles, I especially like the crunchy bean sprouts and pickled cabbage (it’s not as weird as it sounds). The only complaint I have with this dish is that even though the “beef” chunks mimicked the texture of real beef, the taste is still a quite a bit off. I can’t say the same for the Dan Dan Rice dish though. I take a bite of the chopped up meat mixture and for all those carnivores out there, it is almost identical to real meat.

I must applaud Bean Sprouts for the vegetarian experience they provided (although it felt nothing like one) because after eating there, I can honestly say that the vegetarian lifestyle wouldn’t actually be too hard if I could eat dishes with the allusion that I’m having real meat. For all you vegetarians out there, I would highly recommend this small Asian eatery for all your herbivore needs. And for all the rest of you, I would equally recommend Bean Sprouts for a delectable meal!

XOXO, Glutton Girl.
    hanarudolph

Bean Sprouts Empty Re: Bean Sprouts

Post  hanarudolph Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:54 am

Cheers to a New Year, lower Westsiders, [change comma to semicolon] Glutton Girl here, back from a relaxing and rejuvenating break. My resolution this year is to scour the streets of Arcadia to find the best and elite restaurants known to man’s taste buds. Okay, well maybe not that good. But at least pretty high up there on my scale of deliciousness. [These last two sentences don't really make much sense? what is "not that good" but "pretty high up"?]

With the new year just passing [do you mean starting? or new years day just passing?], many of us are still trying to keep up with our new year’s resolutions, [change comma to dash] whether it be to get straight A’s, get into a good college, or even lose a few pounds here and there [its impossible to lose a few pounds... here and there....]. That’s why I chose a vegetarian café [for] this time of year. And [Delete And, caps what] what kind of friend would I be if I suggested a restaurant that serves food packed with carbs and fat? That’s why I chose a vegetarian café this time of year. [ummmm... is the repetition a mistake?] I’m sure many of you don’t know how a vegetarian diet is different other than the fact that no meat can be [change can be to is] consumed. [This sentence is awk] In fact, you probably didn’t know that keeping away from meats is actually very beneficial, health-wise and financial[-]wise. Spotted! T arrives at Bean Sprouts located on the corner of First Ave. and Huntington Drive.

Bean Sprouts advertises a traditional Chinese style restaurant, but with a meat-free twist. Using imitation meat replacements, the dishes are all suitable for vegetarians. The facility space of this restaurant is not particularly generous, given the fact that there were only about a dozen or fewer tables. The décor consists of a small waterfall near the entrance to the restroom and a sort of a mini-bar off to the side. There was no wait time as there weren’t much people in the store to begin with. Throughout my meal, there were about two other customers[,] so there is no need to worry about waiting time or a noisy atmosphere. On the contrary, the homely ambiance makes eating there a cozy experience.

I order a simple noodle soup with veg. [write out] beef flavor recommended by my vegetarian friend for normal meat eaters like me. Other items on the menu are typical Asian dishes that can be found at Tasty Garden, or some other local Chinese joint[s], including [change including to such as] Udon Noodle Soup and [change and to or] Taiwanese Chow Mein. I would say that the prices are just reasonably moderate, [change comma to semicolon, insert the] dishes ranging from $6-$8. My food arrives [past tense] within a few minutes (unusually fast under [for] my standards for Chinese places) and my jaw just drops at the size of the bowl, which is easily two times the size of my face. Just by [delete just by, caps looking] looking at the dish alone, I would have never thought that it contained no traces of beef [beef-free]. The salty and meaty taste of regular beef noodle soups is thoroughly incorporated into each mouth-watering bite. Apart from the firm noodles, I especially like the crunchy bean sprouts and pickled cabbage (it’s not as weird as it sounds). The only complaint I have with this dish is that even though the “beef” chunks mimicked the texture of real beef, the taste is still a quite a bit off. I can’t say the same for the Dan Dan Rice dish though. I take a bite of the chopped up meat mixture [insert dash] and for all those carnivores out there, it is [contraction consistency?] almost identical to real meat.

I must applaud Bean Sprouts for the vegetarian experience they provided (although it felt nothing like one)[,] because after eating there, I can honestly say that the vegetarian lifestyle wouldn’t actually be too hard if I could eat dishes with the allusion that I’m having real meat. [awk sentence] For all you vegetarians out there, I would highly recommend this small Asian eatery for all your herbivore needs. And for all the rest of you, I would equally recommend Bean Sprouts for a delectable meal! [you've kinda lost your gossip girl tone at the beginning by the end-- is it possible to reincorporate that?]

XOXO, Glutton Girl.
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:44 pm

Bean Sprouts

Cheers to a New Year, lower Westsiders; Glutton Girl here, back from a relaxing and rejuvenating break. My resolution this year is to scour the streets of Arcadia to find the best and elite restaurants around town. But enough about me. With the new year just starting, many of you are still trying to keep up with your new year’s resolutions—whether it be to get straight A’s, get into a good college, or even lose a few pounds. What kind of friend would I be if I suggested a restaurant that serves food packed with carbs and fat? That’s why I chose a vegetarian café for this time of year. I’m sure many of you don’t know how a vegetarian diet is different. In fact, you probably didn’t know that keeping away from meats is actually very beneficial, health-wise and financial-wise. Spotted! T arrives at Bean Sprouts located on the corner of First Ave. and Huntington Drive.

Bean Sprouts advertises a traditional Chinese style restaurant, but with a meat-free twist. Using imitation meat replacements, the dishes are all suitable for vegetarians. The facility space of this restaurant is not particularly generous, given the fact that there were only about a dozen or fewer tables. The décor consists of a small waterfall near the entrance to the restroom and a sort of a mini-bar off to the side. There was no wait time as there weren’t much people in the store to begin with. Throughout my meal, there were about two other customers so there is no need to worry about waiting time or a noisy atmosphere. On the contrary, the homely ambience makes eating there a cozy experience.

I order a simple noodle soup with vegetarian beef flavor recommended by my vegetarian friend for normal meat eaters like me. Other items on the menu are typical Asian dishes that can be found at Tasty Garden, or some other local Chinese joints, such as Udon Noodle Soup or Taiwanese Chow Mein. I would say that the prices are just reasonably moderate; the dishes ranging from $6-$8. My food arrived within a few minutes (unusually fast for my standards for Chinese places) and my jaw just drops at the size of the bowl, which is easily two times the size of my face. Looking at the dish alone, I would have never thought that it was beef-free. The salty and meaty taste of regular beef noodle soups is thoroughly incorporated into each mouth-watering bite. Apart from the firm noodles, I especially like the crunchy bean sprouts and pickled cabbage (it’s not as weird as it sounds). The only complaint I have with this dish is that even though the “beef” chunks mimicked the texture of real beef, the taste is still a quite a bit off. I can’t say the same for the Dan Dan Rice dish though. I take a bite of the chopped up meat mixture—and for all those carnivores out there, it’s almost identical to real meat.

I must applaud Bean Sprouts for the vegetarian experience they provided (although it felt nothing like one). After eating there, I can honestly say, from a meat–eater’s point of view, that the vegetarian lifestyle wouldn’t actually be too hard if I could just eat dishes like these. So for all you vegetarians out there, I would highly recommend this small Asian eatery for all your herbivore needs. And for all the rest of you, I would equally recommend Bean Sprouts for a delectable meal! And who am I? That’s a secret I’ll never tell! You know you love me,

XOXO, Glutton Girl.
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 pm

Bean Sprouts

Cheers to a New Year, lower Westsiders; Glutton Girl here, back from a relaxing and rejuvenating break. My resolution this year is to scour the streets of Arcadia to find the best and elite restaurants around town. But enough about me. With the new year just starting, many of you are still trying to keep up with your new year’s resolutions—whether it be to get straight A’s, get into a good college, or even lose a few pounds. What kind of friend would I be if I suggested a restaurant that serves food packed with carbs and fat? That’s why I chose a vegetarian café for this time of year. I’m sure many of you don’t know how a vegetarian diet is different. In fact, you probably didn’t know that keeping away from meats is actually very beneficial, health-wise and financial-wise. Spotted! T arrives at Bean Sprouts located on the corner of First Ave. and Huntington Drive.

Bean Sprouts advertises a traditional Chinese style restaurant, but with a meat-free twist. Using imitation meat replacements, the dishes are all suitable for vegetarians. The facility space of this restaurant is not particularly generous, given the fact that there were only about a dozen or fewer tables. The décor consists of a small waterfall near the entrance to the restroom and a sort of a mini-bar off to the side. There was no wait time as there weren’t much people in the store to begin with. Throughout my meal, there were about two other customers so there is no need to worry about waiting time or a noisy atmosphere. On the contrary, the homely ambience makes eating there a cozy experience.

I order a simple noodle soup with vegetarian beef flavor recommended by my vegetarian friend for normal meat eaters like me. Other items on the menu are typical Asian dishes that can be found at Tasty Garden, or some other local Chinese joints, such as Udon Noodle Soup or Taiwanese Chow Mein. I would say that the prices are just reasonably moderate; the dishes ranging from $6-$8. My food arrived within a few minutes (unusually fast for my standards for Chinese places) and my jaw just drops at the size of the bowl, which is easily two times the size of my face. Looking at the dish alone, I would have never thought that it was beef-free. The salty and meaty taste of regular beef noodle soups is thoroughly incorporated into each mouth-watering bite. Apart from the firm noodles, I especially like the crunchy bean sprouts and pickled cabbage (it’s not as weird as it sounds). The only complaint I have with this dish is that even though the “beef” chunks mimicked the texture of real beef, the taste is still a quite a bit off. I can’t say the same for the Dan Dan Rice dish though. It’s basically a plate of white rice smothered with a layer of seasoned ground “beef” with a side helping of steamed vegetables. I take a bite of the rice and imitation meat—and for all those carnivores out there, it’s almost identical to real meat. Mad props to Bean Sprouts on knowing how to imitate meat exceptionally well. I really can’t tell the difference between this and an identical dish with real meat.

I must applaud Bean Sprouts for the vegetarian experience they provided (although it felt nothing like one). After eating there, I can honestly say, from a meat–eater’s point of view, that the vegetarian lifestyle wouldn’t actually be too hard if I could just eat dishes like these. So for all you vegetarians out there, I would highly recommend this small Asian eatery for all your herbivore needs. And for all the rest of you, I would equally recommend Bean Sprouts for a delectable meal! And who am I? That’s a secret I’ll never tell! You know you love me,

XOXO, Glutton Girl.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:35 pm