The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

4 posters

A Date With Pi

sallychung

A Date With Pi Empty A Date With Pi

Post  sallychung Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:42 am

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational and everlasting. The big difference is, there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, and loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi. In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion. I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, do so this weekend. Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, attempt to memorize these songs below, and before you know it, you’ll have memorized fractions of pi. It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

3.14, As an average teen, I don’t know anymore.
    1592, That’s too much memorization to do…
    6535, Anymore and I won’t stay alive!
    8979, This is where I draw the line!
    3238, I told you not to stop this late!
    4626, you’ve tired my brain too much now to fix
    4338, to die from exhaustion, that’s not my fate
    3279, hey, it sounds like I’ve said this line
    5028, Okay, so maybe I don’t really hate…
    8419, it seems like nine is trying to shine
    7169, I have to say, this one is a favorite of mine.
    3993, Wait, repetition is all I see
    7510, boy, If I get through this, I will be my crush's hero!
    oisheeshemontee

A Date With Pi Empty A Date With Pi - Revised

Post  oisheeshemontee Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational and everlasting. The big difference is, there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, and loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi. In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion. I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, make sure to do so next year, and in the meantime, celebrate pi as often as you can! Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, if you manage to memorize these few rhymes below, before you know it, you’ll be a pi expert. It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

3238, I told you to stop before it's too late!
    4626, You’ve tired my brain, and it's too much to fix
    4338, To die from exhaustion seems to be my fate
    3279, Hey, I think I've already said this line

And it can go on and on and on for as long as you want...
    Joanna Liao

A Date With Pi Empty Re: A Date With Pi

Post  Joanna Liao Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational (comma) and everlasting. The big difference is, (delete comma and add -) there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, and loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi (LOL sounds like pms to me haha just keeding). In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion. (But) I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, make sure to do so next year, and in the meantime, celebrate pi as often as you can! Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, if you manage to memorize these few rhymes below, before you know it, you’ll be a pi expert (change to: you’ll be a pi expert before you know it). It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

And it can go on and on and on for as long as you want...
    oisheeshemontee

A Date With Pi Empty A Date With Pi - Revised

Post  oisheeshemontee Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 pm

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational, and everlasting. The big difference is - there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, and loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi. In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion. But I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, make sure to do so next year, and in the meantime, celebrate pi as often as you can! Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, if you manage to memorize these few rhymes below, you’ll be a pi expert before you know it. It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

3993, Wait, repetition is all I can see
    7510, boy, If I get through this, I'll officially become a hero!

As you can see, pi doesn't always have to be boring. There's a lot you can do with a number with unlimited digits. Look at it this way: maybe for next year, you can celebrate Pi Day by annoying your siblings by reciting pi over and over again. If you're annoying enough, they might even pay you to shut up. Who said pi wasn't useful for anything besides math?
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:00 am

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational, and everlasting. The big difference is - there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, and loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi. In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion. (Change period to hyphen) But I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run (comma) whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, make sure to do so next year, and in the meantime, celebrate pi as often as you can! Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended (comma) since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, if you manage to memorize these few rhymes below, you’ll be a pi expert before you know it. It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

As you can see, pi doesn't always have to be boring. There's a lot you can do with a number with unlimited digits. Look at it this way: maybe for next year, you can celebrate Pi Day by annoying your siblings by reciting pi over and over again. If you're annoying enough, they might even pay you to shut up (stop). Who said pi wasn't useful for anything besides math?
    oisheeshemontee

A Date With Pi Empty Edit #2

Post  oisheeshemontee Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational, and everlasting. The big difference is - there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, and loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi. In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion - but I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run, whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, make sure to do so next year, and in the meantime, celebrate pi as often as you can! Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended (comma) since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, if you manage to memorize these few rhymes below, you’ll be a pi expert before you know it. It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

As you can see, pi doesn't always have to be boring. There's a lot you can do with a number with unlimited digits. Look at it this way: maybe for next year, you can celebrate Pi Day by annoying your siblings by reciting pi over and over again. If you're annoying enough, they might even pay you to shut up.
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:01 pm

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational, and everlasting. The big difference is - there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, and (or) loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi. In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion - but I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run, whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, make sure to do so next year, and in the meantime, celebrate pi as often as you can! Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended (comma) since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, if you manage to memorize these few rhymes below, you’ll be a pi expert before you know it. It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

As you can see, pi doesn't always have to be boring. There's a lot you can do with a number with unlimited digits. Look at it this way: maybe for next year, you can celebrate Pi Day by annoying your siblings by reciting pi over and over again. If you're annoying enough, they might even pay you to shut up.
    jasminewu

Post  jasminewu Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:21 am

Pi is like true love – natural, irrational, and everlasting. The big difference is - there aren’t any mood swings, sleepless nights, or loss of appetites that arise with the thought of pi. In fact, Mar. 14 was the day to honor Pi since 3.14 are its first three digits, exactly one month after Valentine’s Day. Yet, no matter how romantic pi is, there aren’t any fancy dates or dinner reservations made to celebrate this occasion - but I don’t see why not. While getting to know Pi, you can improve your memory in the long run, whereas all Valentine’s Day leaves you with is a stomach full of chocolates and flowers that will die in a week. So if you didn’t celebrate Pi Day, make sure to do so next year, and in the meantime, celebrate pi as often as you can! Of course, memorizing a thousand digits of pi is not recommended, since it is a dangerously monotonous activity meant only for those sufficiently nerdy enough to care. However, if you manage to memorize these few rhymes below, you’ll be a pi expert before you know it. It’s time somebody had a date with pi.

7510, If I get through this, it surely will show,
    5820, math won't always be my foe!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:35 am