The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Mya Min

reginaliu

Mya Min Empty Mya Min

Post  reginaliu Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:22 pm

Here at Arcadia High School, every sports team has a handful of noteworthy athletes. Junior Mya Min definitely qualifies as one such individual.
    Currently in her second year as a valued member of the Arcadia Varsity Golf Team, Mya has already made a strong impression upon her coach, Robert Greep, as well as made a name for herself among her team mates.
    Coach Robert Greep stated, “Mya has a very positive attitude about golf, she has continued to put in countless hours improving her overall game… One of the best things about Mya is she has an amazing work ethic, she’s very competitive yet she remains grounded with her personality… Mya treats everyone equally and is a wonderful role model for our younger athletes… I think her attitude, her work ethic, and the way she treats people says a great deal about the quality of her character.”
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and a fellow member on the Arcadia Varsity Golf Team, who shares not only her name and DNA but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great team mate... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone… Team mates like her keep our team strong and happy.”
    Golf became a healthy fixation in Mya Min’s life once she’d enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy.
    “I started from the lowest level and slowly worked my way up and eventually started liking the sport. As of now, it is quite important because I take this sport very seriously… Practicing everyday is a big part of my everyday life,” she stated.
    Practice clearly makes perfect in Mya’s case as Coach Robert Greep said, “Mya is a very strong overall golfer; she has a strong long game, solid middle game and a strong mental game.”
    However, Mya believes it’s not just practice that makes a golf player. “A golf player requires the patience, the love for the sport, the seriousness, and the calmness to play this sport.”
    Judging by the results of the matches this season, the girls on the Arcadia golf team have most of these qualities.
    “So far we are first in league. We won most of our matches… I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Mya Min said. In addition to winning league, she also hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals.
    Her long-term goals are no less ambitious. “As of now, I have plans to become a pro instructor in golf. This would be a very hard path since an instructor basically needs to be very skilled at golf.”
    Coach Robert Greep anticipated her further career in golf as he stated, “I look forward to watching Mya move on and play golf at the College level.”
    In her spare time, Mya volunteers at Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy, working toward her dream.
    Mya said, “I've been… helping out with the junior golf academy. I feel I will gain more knowledge about being an instructor by observing the instructors teach the kids.”
    Mya has come full circle as she returns as a volunteer to Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy: the place where it all began.
    reginaliu

Mya Min Empty Chi Chi Min

Post  reginaliu Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Here at Arcadia High School, every sports team has a handful of noteworthy athletes. Junior Chi Chi Min (Mya) definitely qualifies as one such individual.
    Currently in her second year as a valued member of the Arcadia Varsity Golf Team, Chi Chi has already made a strong impression upon her coach, Robert Greep, as well as made a name for herself among her team mates.
    Coach Robert Greep stated, “Mya has a very positive attitude about golf, she has continued to put in countless hours improving her overall game… One of the best things about Mya is she has an amazing work ethic, she’s very competitive yet she remains grounded with her personality… Mya treats everyone equally and is a wonderful role model for our younger athletes… I think her attitude, her work ethic, and the way she treats people says a great deal about the quality of her character.”
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and a fellow member on the Arcadia Varsity Golf Team, who shares not only her name and DNA but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great team mate... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone… Team mates like her keep our team strong and happy.”
    Golf became a healthy fixation in Chi Chi’s life once she’d enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy.
    “I started from the lowest level and slowly worked my way up and eventually started liking the sport. As of now, it is quite important because I take this sport very seriously… Practicing everyday is a big part of my everyday life,” she stated.
    Practice clearly makes perfect in Chi Chi’s case as Coach Robert Greep said, “Mya is a very strong overall golfer; she has a strong long game, solid middle game and a strong mental game.”
    However, Chi Chi believes it’s not just practice that makes a golf player. “A golf player requires the patience, the love for the sport, the seriousness, and the calmness to play this sport.”
    Judging by the results of the matches this season, the girls on the Arcadia golf team have most of these qualities.
    “So far we are first in league. We won most of our matches… I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Chi Chi said. In addition to winning league, she also hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals.
    Her long-term goals are no less ambitious. “As of now, I have plans to become a pro instructor in golf. This would be a very hard path since an instructor basically needs to be very skilled at golf.”
    Coach Robert Greep anticipated her further career in golf as he stated, “I look forward to watching Mya move on and play golf at the College level.”
    In her spare time, Mya volunteers at Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy, working toward her dream.
    Chi Chi said, “I've been… helping out with the junior golf academy. I feel I will gain more knowledge about being an instructor by observing the instructors teach the kids.”
    Chi Chi has come full circle as she returns as a volunteer to Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy: the place where it all began.
    ashleychi

Mya Min Empty Re: Mya Min

Post  ashleychi Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:17 pm

EDIT 1

Here at Arcadia High School, every sports team has a handful of noteworthy athletes. Junior Chi Chi Min (Mya) definitely qualifies as one such individual.
    Currently in her second year as a valued member of the Arcadia [delete] Varsity Golf Team, Chi Chi has already made a strong impression upon [replace with 'on'] her coach, Robert Greep, as well as made a name for herself among her team mates [teammates].
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and a fellow member on the Arcadia Varsity Golf Team, who shares not only her name and DNA but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great team mate [teammate] ... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone… Team mates [Teammates] like her keep our team strong and happy.”
    Golf became a healthy fixation in Chi Chi’s life once she’d enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy.
    “I started from the lowest level and slowly worked my way up and eventually started liking the sport. As of now, it is quite important because I take this sport very seriously… Practicing everyday is a big part of my everyday [delete] life,” she stated.
    Practice clearly makes perfect in Chi Chi’s case as Coach Robert Greep said, “Mya is a very strong overall golfer; she has a strong long game, solid middle game and a strong mental game.”
    However, Chi Chi believes it’s not just practice that makes a golf player. “A golf player requires the patience, the love for the sport, the seriousness, and the calmness to play this sport.”
    Judging by the results of the matches this season, the girls on the Arcadia [delete] golf team have most of these qualities.
    “So far we are first in league. We won most of our matches… I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Chi Chi said. In addition to winning league, she also hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals.
    Coach Robert Greep anticipated her further career in golf as he stated, “I look forward to watching Mya move on and play golf at the College [does this need to be capitalized?] level.”
    In [During] her spare time, Mya volunteers at Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy, working toward her dream.
    Chi Chi said, “I've been… helping out with the junior golf academy. I feel I will gain more knowledge about being an instructor by observing the instructors teach the kids.”
    Chi Chi has come full circle as she returns as a volunteer to Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy: the place where it all began.

**BY THE WAY-- does Chi Chi prefer to go by Chi Chi or Mya?
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:25 am

Currently in her second year as a valued member of the Varsity Golf Team, Chi Chi has already made a strong impression on her coach, Robert Greep, as well as made a name for herself among her teammates.
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and a fellow member on the Arcadia Varsity Golf Team, who shares not only her name and DNA but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great teammate ... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone… Teammates like her keep our team strong and happy.”
    Judging by the results of the matches this season, the girls on the golf team have most of these qualities.
    Coach Robert Greep anticipated her further career in golf as he stated, “I look forward to watching Mya move on and play golf at the college level.”
    During her spare time, Mya volunteers at Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy, working toward her dream.

**She prefers to be called Chi Chi.
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:13 pm

EDIT 2

Currently in her second year as a valued member of the [insert 'Girls'] Varsity Golf Team, Chi Chi has already [delete] made a strong impression on her coach, Robert Greep, as well as made a name for herself among her teammates.
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and a fellow member on the Arcadia [delete] [insert 'Girls'] Varsity Golf Team, who shares not only her name and DNA but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great teammate ... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone… Teammates like her keep our team strong and happy.”
    Golf became a healthy fixation [use another word- fixation has a negative connotation] in Chi Chi’s life once [replace with 'when'] she’d enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy.
    Judging by the results of the matches this season, the girls on the golf team have most of these qualities.
    “So far we are first in league. We won most of our matches… I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Chi Chi said. In addition to winning league, she also hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals. [what is CIF and why is it important?]
    Coach Robert Greep anticipated her further career in golf as he stated, “I look forward to watching Mya move on and play golf at the college level.”
    During her spare time, Mya volunteers at Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy, working toward her dream.
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:09 pm

At Arcadia High School, every sports team has a handful of noteworthy athletes. Junior Mya Min (Chi Chi) definitely qualifies as one such individual.
    Currently in her second year as a valued member of the Girls Varsity Golf Team, Mya has made a strong impression on her coach, Robert Greep, as well as made a name for herself among her teammates.
    Coach Robert Greep stated, “Mya has a very positive attitude about golf, she has continued to put in countless hours improving her overall game… She has an amazing work ethic, she’s very competitive yet she remains grounded with her personality… Mya treats everyone equally and is a wonderful role model for our younger athletes… I think [this] says a great deal about the quality of her character.”
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and fellow member on the golf team, who shares not only her name and DNA but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great teammate ... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone…”
    Golf became a part of Mya Min’s life when she enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy.
    “I started from the lowest level and slowly worked my way up and eventually started liking the sport… Practicing everyday is a big part of my everyday life,” she stated.
    Practice clearly makes perfect for Mya. Coach Robert Greep said, “Mya is a very strong overall golfer; she has a strong long game, solid middle game and a strong mental game.”
    However, Mya believes it’s not just practice that makes a golf player. “A golf player requires the patience, the love for the sport, the seriousness, and the calmness to play this sport.”
    “So far we are first in league. We won most of our matches… I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Mya said. In addition to winning league, she hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals.
    Her long-term goals are no less ambitious. “I have plans to become a pro instructor in golf. This would be a very hard path since an instructor basically needs to be very skilled at golf.”
    Mya said, “I feel I will gain more knowledge about being an instructor by observing the instructors teach the kids.”
    Mya has come full circle as she returns as a volunteer to Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy: the place where it all began.

*I still need to shorten it by about 50 more words
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:28 pm

EDIT 3

At Arcadia High School, every sports team has a handful of noteworthy athletes. Junior Mya Min (Chi Chi) definitely qualifies as one such individual.
    Currently in her second year as a valued member of the Girls Varsity Golf Team, Mya has made a strong impression on her coach, Robert Greep, as well as made a name for herself [see if there is a better phrase, this one sounds kind of awk.]among her teammates.
    Coach Robert Greep stated, “Mya has a very positive attitude about golf, she has continued to put in countless hours improving her overall game… She has an amazing work ethic, she’s very competitive yet she remains grounded with her personality… Mya treats everyone equally and is a wonderful role model for our younger athletes… I think [this] says a great deal about the quality of her character.”
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and fellow member on the golf team, who shares not only her name and DNA but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great teammate ... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone…”
    Golf became a part of Mya Min’s life when she enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy.
    “I started from the lowest level and slowly worked my way up and eventually started liking the sport… Practicing everyday is a big part of my everyday life,” she stated.
    Practice clearly makes perfect for Mya. Coach Robert Greep said, “Mya is a very strong overall golfer; she has a strong long game, solid middle game and a strong mental game.”
    “So far we are first in league. We won most of our matches… I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Mya said. In addition to winning league, she hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals.
    Her long-term goals are no less ambitious. “I have plans to become a pro instructor in golf. This would be a very hard path since an instructor basically needs to be very skilled at golf.”
    Mya said, “I feel I will gain more knowledge about being an instructor by observing the instructors teach the kids.”
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:01 pm

In her second year as a valued member of the Girls Varsity Golf Team, Mya has made a strong impression on her teammates and coach, Robert Greep.
    Coach Greep stated, “Mya has a very positive attitude about golf … She has an amazing work ethic, she’s very competitive yet she remains grounded with her personality … Mya treats everyone equally and is a wonderful role model for our younger athletes … [This] says a great deal about the quality of her character.”
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and fellow member on the golf team, who shares not only her name but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great teammate ... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone…”
    Golf became a part of Mya Min’s life when she enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy. “I started from the lowest level and… eventually started liking the sport… Practicing everyday is a big part of my everyday life,” she stated.
    Practice clearly makes perfect for Mya. Coach Greep said, “Mya is a very strong overall golfer; she has a strong long game, solid middle game and a strong mental game.”
    Judging by the results of the matches this season, the girls on the golf team have these qualities.
    “So far we are first in league … I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Mya said. In addition to winning league, she hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals.
    Coach Greep anticipated her future career in golf as he stated, “I look forward to watching Mya move on and play golf at the college level.”
    Working toward her dream, Mya volunteers at a junior golf academy. Mya said, “I feel I will gain more knowledge about being an instructor by observing the instructors teach the kids.”
    Mya has come full circle as she returns—not as a student, but as a volunteer—to Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy: the place where it all began.
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:05 pm

Here at AHS, every sports team has a handful of noteworthy athletes. Junior Mya Min (Chi Chi) definitely qualifies as one such individual.
    In her second year as a valued member of the Varsity Girls Golf Team, Mya has made a strong impression on her teammates and coach, Robert Greep.
    Coach Greep stated, “Mya has a very positive attitude about golf … She has an amazing work ethic, she’s very competitive yet she remains grounded with her personality … Mya treats everyone equally and is a wonderful role model for our younger athletes … [This] says a great deal about the quality of her character.”
    Junior Mya Maw—her twin sister and fellow member on the golf team, who shares not only her name but also her love for the sport—said, “Mya is a great athlete and also a great teammate ... She is also easy to get along with and quick with encouragements and smiles for everyone…”
    Golf became a part of Mya Min’s life when she enrolled in the Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy. “I started from the lowest level and… eventually started liking the sport… Practicing everyday is a big part of my everyday life,” she stated.
    Practice clearly makes perfect for Mya. Coach Greep said, “Mya is a very strong overall golfer; she has a strong long game, solid middle game and a strong mental game.”
    Judging by the results of the matches this season, the girls on the golf team have these qualities.
    “So far we are first in league … I am very confident we will win league again this year,” Mya said. In addition to winning league, she hopes to make it into finals in the CIF individuals.
    Coach Greep anticipated her future career in golf as he stated, “I look forward to watching Mya move on and play golf at the college level.”
    Working toward her dream, Mya volunteers at a junior golf academy. Mya said, “I feel I will gain more knowledge about being an instructor by observing the instructors teach the kids.”
    Mya has come full circle by returning—not as a student, but as a volunteer—to Arcadia Par 3 Golf Academy: the place where it all began.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:16 am