The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Life Plaza food review

eileenchow

Life Plaza food review Empty Life Plaza food review

Post  eileenchow Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:45 pm

Hello, Lower West Siders! Glutton Girl here, your own personal guide to Arcadia’s delectable foods. It is 8:00 pm and E is suffering from an immense case of hunger. I start to scout a decent place to grab a quick bite. Spotted! E cruising around the plaza of the famously acclaimed Din Tai Feng dumpling house. As I was steering clear of the huge crowd gathered in front of the dumpling restaurant, a sign caught my eye. “$15.98 + tax for any 3 dishes + get 1 dish free”, it screamed it big letters. Greatly curious about this seemingly rich find, I wandered into this new restaurant that is located right next to Din Tai Feng, Life Plaza.
    I was hit by a bustle of activity as I wandered into the small café. It turns out Life Plaza isn’t just a lone restaurant; Tutti Frutti frozen yogurt services are integrated with the café. An Asian convenience store is also connected directly to the café, allowing easy access to the numerous merchandise and trinkets. My first impression about the café was the bright colors of the chairs, tables, and walls; they immediately provided a cheery, casual feel to the restaurant.
    A friendly waiter came over and asked what I wished to order. Glancing upon the menu, I noted that the foods were comprised of everything from Asian appetizers to Asian specialty dishes. I first proceeded to interrogate the waiter about their 3 dish deal. He assured me that the restaurant, indeed, worked on a 3 dish for $15.98 plus their complementary dish of the day (which was the free dish). Grabbing at this deal, I immediately asked what he recommended. The waiter immediately listed several noteworthy dishes with brief descriptions each. I finally decided with a sizzling beef with black pepper sauce, Shanghai pork spare ribs, and preserved cabbage with dried bean curd. Today’s dish of the day was steamed rex sole fish fillet. He then followed up with a deal for their drinks: it was buy one, get a second drink (of the same kind) for free. I instantly took up the offer and ordered a traditional boba milk tea for. Life Plaza also offers many other drinks, from slushes to teas ranging from $3-$5 each.
    I was pleasantly surprised when my dishes came right after another with less than ten minutes of waiting. The preserved cabbage dish consisted of perfectly seasoned crunchy vegetables and thinly sliced tofu. The sizzling beef plate came piping hot and full of succulent pieces of beef, green peppers, and onions. Their free fish dish was also very enjoyable. The bite-size pieces of fish were extremely tender and I tasted a delicious soy sauce. My favorite dish however, was the Shanghai pork ribs. Upon biting into a steaming piece of meat, my taste buds were immediately swept in a swirl of sweet and sour goodness. The meat itself was superbly tender on the inside, yet crunchy on the outside, and its thin layer of honey glaze made this dish exceedingly addicting. Their boba milk tea was also filled with deliciously chewy boba and sweetened to perfection.
    Life Plaza is ideal for a quick satisfying meal that won’t leave your wallet completely light. Best of all, the lunch and dinner come with the same deal. Yes, lunch. Life Plaza is open from 11 am-1 pm on the weekends, so you can easily go and split a four dish meal with your friends at lunch. A word of advice for the restaurant though: It is greatly recommended that you know how to speak mandarin since most of the waiters are not experienced English speakers. But still give Life Plaza a shot, as it offers everything from drinks to froyo to full course meals. And who am I? That’s one secret I’ll never tell! You know you love me.

XOXO, Glutton Girl
    lenakalemkiarian

Life Plaza food review Empty Re: Life Plaza food review

Post  lenakalemkiarian Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:41 am

Hello, Lower West Siders! Glutton Girl here, your own personal guide to Arcadia’s delectable foods. It is 8:00 pm and E is suffering from an immense case of hunger. I start to scout a decent place to grab a quick bite. Spotted! E cruising around the plaza of the famously acclaimed Din Tai Feng dumpling house. As I was steering clear of the huge crowd gathered in front of the dumpling restaurant, a sign caught my eye. “$15.98 + tax for any 3 dishes + get 1 dish free”, it screamed it big letters. Greatly curious about this seemingly rich find, I wandered into this new restaurant that is located right next to Din Tai Feng, Life Plaza.
    I was hit by a bustle of activity as I wandered into the small café. It turns out Life Plaza isn’t just a lone restaurant; Tutti Frutti frozen yogurt services are integrated with the café. An Asian convenience store is also connected directly to the café, allowing easy access to the numerous merchandise and trinkets. My first impression about the café was the bright colors of the chairs, tables, and walls; they immediately provided a cheery, casual feel to the restaurant.
    A friendly waiter came over and asked what I wished to order. Glancing upon the menu, I noted that the foods were comprised of everything from Asian appetizers to Asian specialty dishes. I first proceeded to interrogate the waiter about their 3 dish deal. He assured me that the restaurant, indeed, worked on a 3 dish for $15.98 plus their complementary dish of the day (which was the free dish). Grabbing at this deal, I immediately asked what he recommended. The waiter immediately listed several noteworthy dishes with brief descriptions each. I finally decided with a sizzling beef with black pepper sauce, Shanghai pork spare ribs, and preserved cabbage with dried bean curd. Today’s dish of the day was steamed rex sole fish fillet. He then followed up with a deal for their drinks: it was buy one, get a second drink (of the same kind) for free. I instantly took up the offer and ordered a traditional boba milk tea for [for what?].Life Plaza also offers many other drinks, from slushes to teas ranging from $3-$5 each.
    I was pleasantly surprised when my dishes came right after another with less than ten minutes of waiting. The preserved cabbage dish consisted of perfectly seasoned crunchy vegetables and thinly sliced tofu. The sizzling beef plate came piping hot and full of succulent pieces of beef, green peppers, and onions. Their free fish dish was also very enjoyable. The bite-size pieces of fish were extremely tender and I tasted a delicious soy sauce. My favorite dish however, was the Shanghai pork ribs. Upon biting into a steaming piece of meat, my taste buds were immediately swept in a swirl of sweet and sour goodness. The meat itself was superbly tender on the inside, yet crunchy on the outside, and its thin layer of honey glaze made this dish exceedingly addicting. Their boba milk tea was also filled with deliciously chewy boba and sweetened to perfection.
    Life Plaza is ideal for a quick satisfying meal that won’t leave your wallet completely light. Best of all, the lunch and dinner come with the same deal. Yes, lunch. Life Plaza is open from 11 am-1 pm on the weekends, so you can easily go and split a four dish meal with your friends at lunch. A word of advice for the restaurant though: It is greatly recommended that you know how to speak mandarin since most of the waiters are not experienced English speakers. But still give Life Plaza a shot, as it offers everything from drinks to froyo to full course meals. And who am I? That’s one secret I’ll never tell! You know you love me.

XOXO, Glutton Girl.
    eileenchow

Post  eileenchow Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:12 pm

A friendly waiter came over and asked what I wished to order. Glancing upon the menu, I noted that the foods were comprised of everything from Asian appetizers to Asian specialty dishes. I first proceeded to interrogate the waiter about their 3 dish deal. He assured me that the restaurant, indeed, worked on a 3 dish for $15.98 plus their complementary dish of the day (which was the free dish). Grabbing at this deal, I immediately asked what he recommended. The waiter immediately listed several noteworthy dishes with brief descriptions each. I finally decided with a sizzling beef with black pepper sauce, Shanghai pork spare ribs, and preserved cabbage with dried bean curd. Today’s dish of the day was steamed rex sole fish fillet. He then followed up with a deal for their drinks: it was buy one, get a second drink (of the same kind) for free. I instantly took up the offer and ordered a traditional boba milk tea for around $2.50. Life Plaza also offers many other drinks, from slushes to teas ranging from $3-$5 each.

XOXO, Glutton Girl.
    lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:43 pm

A friendly waiter came over and asked what I wished to order. Glancing upon the menu, I noted that the foods were comprised of everything from Asian appetizers to Asian specialty dishes. I first proceeded to interrogate the waiter about their 3 dish deal. He assured me that the restaurant, indeed, worked on a 3 dish for $15.98 plus their complementary dish of the day (which was the free dish). Grabbing at this deal, I immediately asked what he recommended. The waiter immediately listed several noteworthy dishes with brief descriptions each. I finally decided with a sizzling beef with black pepper sauce, Shanghai pork spare ribs, and preserved cabbage with dried bean curd. Today’s dish of the day was steamed rex sole fish fillet. He then followed up with a deal for their drinks: it was buy one, get a second drink (of the same kind) for free. I instantly took up the offer and ordered a traditional boba milk tea for around $2.50. Life Plaza also offers many other drinks, from slushes to teas ranging from $3-$5 each.

I was pleasantly surprised when my dishes came right after another with less than ten minutes of waiting. The preserved cabbage dish consisted of perfectly seasoned crunchy vegetables and thinly sliced tofu. The sizzling beef plate came piping hot and full of succulent pieces of beef, green peppers, and onions. Their free fish dish was also very enjoyable. The bite-size pieces of fish were extremely tender and I tasted a delicious soy sauce [mabye try "...smothered in soy sauce." or something like that]. My favorite dish[,] however, was the Shanghai pork ribs. Upon biting into a steaming piece of meat, my taste buds were immediately swept in a swirl of sweet and sour goodness. The meat itself was superbly tender on the inside, yet crunchy on the outside, and its thin layer of honey glaze made this dish exceedingly addicting. Their boba milk tea was also filled with deliciously chewy boba and sweetened to perfection.

XOXO, Glutton Girl.
    eileenchow

Post  eileenchow Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:06 am

I was pleasantly surprised when my dishes came right after another with less than ten minutes of waiting. The preserved cabbage dish consisted of perfectly seasoned crunchy vegetables and thinly sliced tofu. The sizzling beef plate came piping hot and full of succulent pieces of beef, green peppers, and onions. Their free fish dish was also very enjoyable. The bite-size pieces of fish were extremely tender and smothered in soy sauce. My favorite dish, however, was the Shanghai pork ribs. Upon biting into a steaming piece of meat, my taste buds were immediately swept in a swirl of sweet and sour goodness. The meat itself was superbly tender on the inside, yet crunchy on the outside, and its thin layer of honey glaze made this dish exceedingly addicting. Their boba milk tea was also filled with deliciously chewy boba and sweetened to perfection.

XOXO, Glutton Girl.
    lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:31 pm

Hello, Lower West Siders! Glutton Girl here, your own personal guide to Arcadia’s delectable foods. It is 8:00 pm and E is suffering from an immense case of hunger. I start to scout a decent place to grab a quick bite. Spotted! E cruising around the plaza of the famously acclaimed Din Tai Feng dumpling house. As I was steering clear of the huge crowd gathered in front of the dumpling restaurant, a sign caught my eye. “$15.98 + tax for any 3 dishes + get 1 dish free”, it screamed it [in?] big letters. Greatly curious about this seemingly rich find, I wandered into this new restaurant that is located right next to Din Tai Feng, Life Plaza.

I was pleasantly surprised when my dishes came right after another with less than ten minutes of waiting. The preserved cabbage dish consisted of perfectly seasoned crunchy vegetables and thinly sliced tofu. The sizzling beef plate came piping hot and full of succulent pieces of beef, green peppers, and onions. Their free fish dish was also very enjoyable. The bite-size pieces of fish were extremely tender and smothered in soy sauce. My favorite dish, however, was the Shanghai pork ribs. Upon biting into a steaming piece of meat, my taste buds were immediately swept in a swirl of sweet and sour goodness. The meat itself was superbly tender on the inside, yet crunchy on the outside, and its thin layer of honey glaze made this dish exceedingly addicting. Their boba milk tea was also filled with deliciously chewy boba and sweetened to perfection.
    eileenchow

Post  eileenchow Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:58 pm

Hello, Lower West Siders! Glutton Girl here, your own personal guide to Arcadia’s delectable foods. It is 8:00 pm and E is suffering from an immense case of hunger. I start to scout a decent place to grab a quick bite. Spotted! E cruising around the plaza of the famously acclaimed Din Tai Feng dumpling house. As I was steering clear of the huge crowd gathered in front of the dumpling restaurant, a sign caught my eye. “$15.98 + tax for any 3 dishes + get 1 dish free”, it screamed in big letters. Greatly curious about this seemingly rich find, I wandered into this new restaurant that is located right next to Din Tai Feng, Life Plaza.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:41 am