The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

4 posters

Copy Editing - Therapy by Kaitlyn

CoraOrmseth

Copy Editing - Therapy by Kaitlyn Empty Copy Editing - Therapy by Kaitlyn

Post  CoraOrmseth Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:47 pm

Retail Therapy by Kaitlyn Jeong

Everything humanely possible had gone wrong in a matter of hours. I overslept, stepped in two huge wads of gum, ruined my newest (not to mention cutest) pair of shoes, found out that my shirt was on inside out, went the restroom to flip it and left with toilet paper on my shoe, bombed a test, dropped my essay into a large puddle, burped while giving my speech, left my math homework at my house, realized that my zipper was down after sixth period, and spent the ride home agonizing over how long it had been like that. How could I possible fix this mess that I called my life? Two words: Charge it.

As I walked around the mall searching for a replacement pair (or two) of shoes, I was again faced with the question: Does money buy happiness? My answer: As sure as god made green apples and a pair of turquoise canvas flats 50% off, yes. Yes it does.

My parents have always given me wise pieces of advice, warning me that money and materialistic things are not substitutes for joy and that I should never eat yellow snow (the latter has never failed me). They are correct in saying that money does not buy happiness; instead it buys cars, jewelry and nice clothing. These in turn provide portals to elation and high self esteem; I have yet to see the acquisition of a new wardrobe fail to put a smile on someone’s face.

As further examples of evidence, I myself have conducted several studies on this “retail therapy” phenomenon, all involving a bad day, my wallet, and whatever article of clothing caught my attention at that point in time. I concluded that the power to change your outlook on the universe, the power to change the weather from a day with dark gray clouds promising thunderstorms to a day with fluffy white emblems of hope, and the possession of a magic eraser that wiped away all signs of dismalness released endorphins. As we all know, endorphins make us happy, and happy people do not kill their husbands or have low self-esteem. They just don’t.

People argue that buying material things may relieve some of the initial stress, but that after awhile, reality will hit and the grief will return. Even if that is indeed true and buying bags and bags of unneeded items will in the long run fail to cure your wounds, just know that at the end of the day, you will have helped save the United States of America by stimulating the economy.
    eleanachiang

Copy Editing - Therapy by Kaitlyn Empty Re: Copy Editing - Therapy by Kaitlyn

Post  eleanachiang Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:21 am

Kaitlyn-
    Can you incorporate Black Friday into this? Just to kinda go with the Thanksgiving theme.

Thanks (:
    oisheeshemontee

Post  oisheeshemontee Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Retail Therapy by Kaitlyn Jeong

Everything humanely possible had gone wrong in a matter of hours. I overslept, stepped in two huge wads of gum, ruined my newest (not to mention cutest) pair of shoes, found out that my shirt was on inside out, went the restroom to flip it and left with toilet paper on my shoe, bombed a test, dropped my essay into a large puddle, burped while giving my speech, left my math homework at my house, realized that my zipper was down after sixth period, and spent the ride home agonizing over how long it had been like that. How could I possible [possibly] fix this mess that I called my life? Two words: Charge it.

As I walked around the mall searching for a replacement pair (or two) of shoes, I was again faced with the question: Does money buy happiness? My answer: As sure as god [capitalize 'god] made green apples and a pair of turquoise canvas flats 50% off, yes. Yes it does.

My parents have always given me wise pieces of advice, warning me that money and materialistic things are not substitutes [cannot substitute] for joy and that I should never eat yellow snow (the latter has never failed me) [I think the yellow snow part is a little too random, can you consider taking it out?] . They are correct in saying that money does not buy happiness; instead it buys cars, jewelry and nice clothing. These in turn provide [are] portals to elation and high[er] self esteem; [I think this would be better with just a period] I have yet to see the acquisition of a new wardrobe fail to put a smile on someone’s face.

As [For] further examples of evidence, I myself have conducted several studies on this “retail therapy” phenomenon, all involving a bad day, my wallet, and whatever article of clothing caught my attention [this is okay, but do you think 'caught my fancy' would sound better?] at that point in time. I concluded that the power to change your outlook on the universe, the power to change the weather from a day with dark gray clouds promising thunderstorms to a day with fluffy white emblems of hope, and the possession of a magic eraser that wiped away all signs of dismalness released endorphins. [Take away some of the examples, or condense it. It's sort of cluttering up the sentence] As we all know, endorphins make us happy, and happy people do not kill their husbands or have low self-esteem. They just don’t.

People argue that [although] buying material things may relieve some of the initial stress, but that after awhile, reality will hit and the grief [grief makes it sound like someone died and the person went shopping to cheer up. Use another word] will return. Even if that is indeed true and buying bags and bags of unneeded items will in the long run fail [have failed] to cure your wounds, just know that at the end of the day, you will have helped save the United States of America [from an economic depression] by stimulating the economy.
    kaitlynjeong

Post  kaitlynjeong Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:15 am

Everything humanely possible had gone wrong in a matter of hours. I overslept, stepped in two huge wads of gum, ruined my newest (not to mention cutest) pair of shoes, found out that my shirt was on inside out, went the restroom to flip it and left with toilet paper on my shoe, bombed a test, dropped my essay into a large puddle, burped while giving my speech, left my math homework at my house, realized that my zipper was down after sixth period, and spent the ride home agonizing over how long it had been like that. How could I possibly fix this mess that I called my life? Two words: Charge it.

As I walked around the mall searching for a replacement pair (or two) of shoes, I was again faced with the question: Does money buy happiness? My answer: As sure as God made green apples and a pair of turquoise canvas flats 50% off, yes. Yes it does.

My parents have always given me wise pieces of advice, warning me that money and materialistic things cannot substitute for happiness. They are correct in saying that money does not buy happiness; instead it buys cars, jewelry and nice clothing. These in turn are portals to elation and higher self esteem. When the word “sale” pops up, the portals are opened even wider. I have yet to see the acquisition of a new wardrobe fail to put a smile on someone’s face.

For evidence, I myself have conducted several studies on this “retail therapy” phenomenon, all involving a bad day, my wallet, and whatever article of clothing or product caught my fancy at the time. My most infamous study occurred during a (shopping) holiday: Black Friday. Those “buy one get one FREE” and “50% off” signs really got me hooked. I bought items ranging from dog biscuit cookie-cutters to toothpick dispensers shaped like a bird. Let’s just say this: I don’t have a dog, and both items were 60% off. I concluded that the power to change my outlook on the universe released endorphins. As we all know, endorphins make us happy, and happy people do not kill their husbands or have low self-esteem. They just don’t.

People argue that although buying material things may relieve some of the initial stress, after awhile, reality will hit and gloominess will return. Even if that is indeed true and buying bags and bags of unneeded items have failed to cure your wounds, just know that at the end of the day, you will have helped save the United States of America from an economic depression by stimulating the economy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:43 am