The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Arroyo/ New York Marathon

evandelgado

Arroyo/ New York Marathon Empty Arroyo/ New York Marathon

Post  evandelgado Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:20 am

AHS Teacher Runs in Esteemed Marathon
    by Evan Delgado
    Annually, the esteemed New York Marathon is held in New York City, this year being held on November 1st. Through a lottery, high school teacher Mrs. Arroyo was able to participate in this event. Out of 38,000 runners, Mrs. Arroyo came in a great position of 26,719th place. QUOTE. The runners began on Stanton Island and ran all the way across New York to Central Park and Times Square. QUOTE.
    The New York Marathon was the one of the first of a new type of marathon. Before the esteemed race was started, most marathons were only attended by those who wished to test the limits of human endurance. The race itself is supporting professional and recreational running. All people who participate have the chance of receiving a large about amount, and the champion who comes in first place will receive $130,000.

I just need to elaborate on Arroyo by getting an interview with her.
    I need to find some other source of info about the marathon (maybe another runner?)
    nancyxiao

Arroyo/ New York Marathon Empty Re: Arroyo/ New York Marathon

Post  nancyxiao Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:17 am

by Evan Delgado
    [color=red]Annually, the esteemed New York Marathon is held in New York City, this year being held on November 1st. [This year, the esteemed New York Marathon, which is held annually in New York City, took place on November 1.] Through [After being selected through] a lottery [insert "drawing"], high school teacher Mrs. [insert her first name] Arroyo was able to participate in this event. Out of 38,000 runners, Mrs. Arroyo came in a great position of [finished in an admirable] 26,719th place. QUOTE. [LOL] The runners began on Stanton Island and ran all the way [delete] across New York to Central Park and Times Square. QUOTE.
    The New York Marathon was the [delete] one of the first of a new type of marathon. Before the esteemed race was started, most marathons were only attended by those who wished to test the limits of human endurance. The race itself is supporting professional and recreational running. All people who participate [participants] have the chance of receiving a large about amount [i don't understand what you're trying to say], and the champion who comes in first place [first-place champion] will receive $130,000.

I need to find some other source of info about the marathon (maybe another runner?) [That would be cool! If you could find the first-place winner's email or something, that'd be awesome! OR if you can find the person who came in last place and if they had an amazing story like "i went from being morbidly obese to being able to finish a marathon...last place tastes sweet!" LOOOLL =]!!!!!! ]
    evandelgado

Post  evandelgado Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 pm

by Evan Delgado
    This year, the esteemed New York Marathon, which is held annually in New York City, took place on November 1. After being selected through a lottery drawing, high school teacher Mrs. Kelly Arroyo was able to participate in this event. Out of 38,000 runners, Mrs. Arroyo finished in an admirable 26,719th place. QUOTE. The runners began on Stanton Island and ran across New York to Central Park and Times Square. QUOTE.
    The New York Marathon one of the first of a new type of marathon. Before the esteemed race was started, most marathons were only attended by those who wished to test the limits of human endurance. The race itself is supporting professional and recreational running. All participants have the chance of receiving a large amount of money, and the first-place champion will receive $130,000.

I need to find some other source of info about the marathon (maybe another runner?)
    nancyxiao

Post  nancyxiao Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:33 pm

by Evan Delgado
    This year, the esteemed New York Marathon, which is [a 42.2 km footrace---i think this sounds better LOLL] held annually in New York City, took place on November 1. After being selected through a lottery drawing, high school teacher Mrs. Kelly [Kellie] Arroyo was able to participate in this event. Out of 38,000 runners, Mrs. Arroyo finished in an admirable 26,719th place. QUOTE. The runners began on Stanton Island and ran across New York to Central Park and Times Square. QUOTE.
    The New York Marathon one of the first of a new type of marathon [awkward---i don' t get what you' re trying to say]. Before the esteemed race was started [established], most marathons were only attended by those who wished to test the limits of human endurance [cute, but makes the sentence slightly confusing; i know you want to say that only the participants attended and there were no spectators, but it doesn' t come across that way]. The race itself is supporting professional and recreational running. All participants have the chance of receiving [Each participant has a chance to receive] a large amount of money, and the first-place champion will receive $130,000.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content