The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

Philly's Best

theresalee

Philly's Best Empty Philly's Best

Post  theresalee Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:58 am

Disclaimer: I apologize for the bad quality! I will revise many more times before I submit a final. I was given approval on Thursday and didn't have a chance to eat (was gone the whole weekend) there until tonight. So I apologize in advance for the quick rough writeup!

Philly’s Best

Welcome back Lower West Siders, Glutton Girl here. Hear those bells? It’s the start of a new year. And accompanying the ever-alarming buzz is the familiar engines of the seniors puttering off during our favorite class of the day, lunchtime! While our friends are searching under every nook and cranny for new food locations, Spotted! T ventures into a familiar plaza but a brand new restaurant, Philly’s Best, located at 939 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016. My first step into the shop is accompanied with two initial observations. First, the store interior is simple, yet a fitting atmosphere for serving the infamous sandwich, the wall graced with the presence of two large images of Philadelphia, two flat screen TVs, and historical references about the Philly Cheese Sandwich. Second, the scent of the steak and cheese immediately caused me to crave such a sandwich. Ranging from Pizza Steak sandwiches to American Hoagies to Chicken sandwiches and from Pizza fries to cheesesteak fries, Philly’s Best offers much more than the traditional sandwich. Prices range from a mere five dollars to seven dollars for most sandwiches, similar to the price of footlongs from Subway. I proceeded to order a simple cheesesteak (compliments of the manager) from the variety of sandwiches present on the menu. My first bite into the twelve-inch sub treated my taste buds for a trip around the country to the east side. The freshly grilled shredded steak and oven melted white American cheese combination evenly balanced out the soft genuine Amoroso®️ Rolls imported from, you guessed it, Philadelphia itself. The fried onions that glazed the inside are cooked to the tee and provide a sweet and juicy tang to the salty meat. Since the store is newly opened, I imagined that publicity would be pretty low, but it surprised me to see that the influx of customers was constant throughout. I barely had to wait in line and I was greeted with friendly smiles (even one from our own school!) and extremely fast service. They call themselves “Southern California’s truly authentic Philadelphia Cheesesteak and Hoagie Shop” and indeed can give you “everything you need to get a satisfying bite of REAL Philly.” Philly is in, and well, I'm out.
    oisheeshemontee

Philly's Best Empty Re: Philly's Best

Post  oisheeshemontee Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:53 pm

Welcome back Lower West Siders, Glutton Girl here. Hear those bells? It’s the start of a new year. And accompanying the ever-alarming buzz is the familiar engines of the seniors puttering off during our favorite class of the day, lunchtime! While our friends are searching under every nook and cranny for new food locations, Spotted! T ventures into a familiar plaza['s] but a brand new restaurant, Philly’s Best, located at 939 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016. My first step into the shop is accompanied with [by] two initial observations. First, the store interior is simple, yet a fitting atmosphere for serving the infamous sandwich, the wall graced with the presence of two large images of Philadelphia, two flat screen TVs, and historical references about [to] the Philly Cheese Sandwich. Second, the scent of the steak and cheese immediately caused me to [made me] crave such a sandwich. Ranging from Pizza Steak sandwiches to American Hoagies to Chicken sandwiches[,] and from Pizza fries to cheesesteak fries, Philly’s Best offers much more than the traditional sandwich. Prices range from a mere five dollars to seven dollars for most sandwiches, similar to the price of footlongs from Subway. I proceeded to order a simple cheesesteak (compliments of the manager) from the variety of sandwiches present on the menu. My first bite into the twelve-inch sub treated my taste buds for a trip around the country to the east side. The freshly grilled shredded steak and oven[-]melted white American cheese combination evenly balanced out the soft genuine Amoroso®️ Rolls imported from, you guessed it, Philadelphia itself. The fried onions that glazed the inside are cooked to the tee and provide a sweet and juicy tang to the salty meat. Since the store is newly opened, I imagined that publicity would be pretty low, but it surprised me to see that the influx of customers was constant throughout. I barely had to wait in line and I was greeted with friendly smiles (even one from our own school!) and extremely fast service. They call themselves “Southern California’s truly authentic Philadelphia Cheesesteak and Hoagie Shop” and indeed can give you “everything you need to get a satisfying bite of REAL Philly.” Philly is in, and well, I'm out.
    theresalee

Philly's Best Empty Final

Post  theresalee Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Glutton Girl First Taste Test: Philly's Best

Welcome back Lower West Siders, Glutton Girl here. Hear those bells? It’s the start of a new year. And accompanying the ever-alarming buzz is the familiar engines of the seniors puttering off during our favorite class of the day, lunchtime! While our friends are searching under every nook and cranny for new food locations, Spotted! T ventures into a familiar plaza’s brand new restaurant, Philly’s Best, located at 939 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016, right next to Baja Fresh and Robeks. This bustling food court is one common to many Arcadians so no worries about driving too far or into foreign territory!

My first step into the shop is accompanied by two initial observations. First, the store interior is simple, yet a suitable atmosphere for serving the infamous sandwich, the wall graced with the presence of two large images of Philadelphia, two flat screen TVs, and historical references to the Philly Cheese Sandwich. The relaxing environment is a definite plus for social hangouts. Second, the scent of the steak and cheese immediately made me crave such a sandwich. All the ingredients are openly cooked on the grills to provide nose-gasmic aromas that greet each customer personally.

Ranging from Pizza Steak sandwiches to American Hoagies to Chicken sandwiches, from Pizza fries to cheesesteak fries, Philly’s Best offers much more than the traditional sandwich. Prices range from a mere five dollars to seven dollars for most sandwiches, similar to the price of footlongs from Subway. I proceeded to order a simple cheesesteak (compliments of the manager) from the variety of sandwiches present on the menu.

The presentation of the food is casual; the sandwich resting on a white sheet snuggled within a plastic crimson basket. But don’t let the appearance fool you. My first bite into the twelve-inch sub treated my taste buds for a trip to the east side. The freshly grilled shredded steak and oven melted white American cheese combination evenly balanced out the soft genuine Amoroso®️ Rolls imported from, you guessed it, Philadelphia itself. The fried onions that glazed the inside are cooked to the tee, providing a sweet and juicy tang to the salty meat. Other condiments such as pickles and hot peppers are available to suit personal preferences but for my first sandwich I decided to keep it plain.

Since the store is newly opened, I imagined that publicity would be pretty low, but it surprised me to see that the influx of customers was constant throughout. I barely had to wait in line and I was greeted with friendly smiles (even one from our own school!) and extremely fast service. They call themselves “Southern California’s truly authentic Philadelphia Cheesesteak and Hoagie Shop” and indeed can give you “everything you need to get a satisfying bite of REAL Philly.” The cultural aspect of Philly’s Best brings innovative taste and style to the usual flavor among Arcadia’s elite. Philly is in, and well, I’m out.
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:18 am

Glutton Girl Finds Philly's Best
    Welcome back Lower West Siders, Glutton Girl here. Hear those bells? It’s the start of a new year. And accompanying the ever-alarming buzz is the familiar engines of the seniors puttering off during our favorite class of the day, lunchtime! While our friends are searching under every nook and cranny for new food locations, Spotted! T ventures into a familiar plaza’s brand new restaurant, Philly’s Best, located right next to Baja Fresh and Robeks. This bustling food court is one common to many Arcadians so no worries about driving too far or into foreign territory!
    My first step into the shop is accompanied by two initial impressions. First, the store interior is simple, yet a suitable atmosphere for serving the infamous sandwich, the wall graced with the presence of two large images of Philadelphia, two flat screen TVs, and historical references to the Philly Cheese Sandwich. The relaxing environment is a definite plus for social hangouts. Second, the scent of the steak and cheese immediately made me crave their specialty. All the ingredients are openly cooked on the grills to provide nose-gasmic aromas that greet each customer personally.
    Ranging from Pizza Steak sandwiches to American Hoagies to Chicken sandwiches, from Pizza fries to cheesesteak fries, Philly’s Best offers much more than the traditional sandwich. Prices range from a mere five dollars to seven dollars for most sandwiches, similar to the price of footlongs from Subway. I ordered a simple cheesesteak (compliments of the manager) from the variety of sandwiches present on the menu.
    The presentation of the food is casual; the sandwich resting on a white sheet snuggled within a plastic crimson basket. But don’t let the appearance fool you. My first bite into the twelve-inch sub treated my taste buds for a trip to the east side. The freshly grilled shredded steak and oven melted white American cheese combination evenly balanced out the soft genuine Amoroso®️ Rolls imported from, you guessed it, Philadelphia itself. The fried onions that glazed the inside are cooked to the tee, providing a sweet and juicy tang to the salty meat. Other condiments such as pickles and hot peppers are available to suit personal preferences but for my first sandwich I decided to keep it plain.
    Since the store is newly opened, I imagined that publicity would be pretty low, but it surprised me to see that the influx of customers was constant throughout. I barely had to wait in line and I was greeted with friendly smiles (even one from our own school!) and extremely fast service. They call themselves “Southern California’s truly authentic Philadelphia Cheesesteak and Hoagie Shop” and indeed can give you “everything you need to get a satisfying bite of REAL Philly.” The cultural aspect of Philly’s Best brings innovative taste and style to the usual flavor among Arcadia’s elite. Philly is in, and well, I’m out.
    Joanna Shen

Post  Joanna Shen Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:45 pm

Welcome back Lower West Siders, Glutton Girl here. Hear those bells? It’s the start of a new year. And accompanying the ever-alarming buzz are the familiar engines of the seniors puttering off during our favorite class of the day, lunchtime! While our friends are searching under every nook and cranny for new food locations, Spotted! T ventures into a familiar plaza’s brand new restaurant, Philly’s Best, located at 939 West Huntington Drive, Monrovia, CA 91016, right next to Baja Fresh and Robeks. Although in Monrovia, this bustling plaza is one common to many Arcadians, so no worries about driving too far into foreign territory!
    My first step into the restaurant was an experience for the senses. The store interior is a simple, yet suitable atmosphere for serving the famous sandwich. The walls were graced with the presence of two large images of Philadelphia, two-flat screen TVs, and historical references to the Philly Cheese Sandwich. The relaxing environment is a definite plus for social hangouts. The scent of the steak and cheese immediately made me crave their sandwich. All the ingredients are openly cooked on the grills to provide nose-gasmic aromas that greet each customer personally.
    Ranging from Pizza Steak sandwiches to American Hoagies to Chicken sandwiches, from Pizza fries to cheesesteak fries, Philly’s Best offers much more than the traditional sandwich. Prices range from a mere $5-$7 for most sandwiches, similar to the price of footlongs from Subway. I ordered a simple cheesesteak (compliments of the manager) from the variety of sandwiches present on the menu.
    The presentation of the food is casual; the sandwich rests on a white sheet snuggled within a plastic crimson basket. But, don’t let the appearance fool you. My first bite into the twelve-inch sub treated my taste buds to a trip to the east side. The freshly grilled shredded steak and oven melted white American cheese combination evenly balanced out the soft genuine Amoroso®️ Rolls imported from, you guessed it, Philadelphia itself. The fried onions that glazed the inside are cooked to the tee, providing a sweet and juicy tang to the salty meat. Other condiments such as pickles and hot peppers are available to suit personal preferences but for my first sandwich, I decided to keep it plain.
    Since the store is newly opened, I imagined that publicity would be pretty low, but surprisingly the influx of customers was constant throughout. I barely had to wait in line and I was greeted with friendly smiles (even one from our own school!) and extremely fast service. They call themselves “Southern California’s truly authentic Philadelphia Cheesesteak and Hoagie Shop” and indeed can give you “everything you need to get a satisfying bite of REAL Philly.” The cultural aspect of Philly’s Best brings innovative taste and style to the usual flavor among Arcadia’s elite. Philly is in, and well, I’m out.

XOXO,
    Glutton Girl

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:33 am