The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Winter Olympics

amyleong

Winter Olympics Empty Winter Olympics

Post  amyleong Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:17 pm

The start of the winter season doesn’t just begin with the snow and chilly evenings, but it also calls for the most tremendous thrilling event of the year, Vancouver’s 2010 Olympics. Planning this event for years, Vancouver is overjoyed to host the Olympics and has been readier than ever. But not only is Vancouver thrilled, but also many AHS students are pumped up for this exciting event as well.

I look forward to watching figure skating in the winter Olympics and watching Mirai Nagasu perform.
    - Freshman Holly Yamagata

I like watching ice skating and I support Mirai Nagasu because she’s really good.
    - Senior Judy Yu

I like the Olympic trials because it’s hilarious when you watch the athletes fail. One time, during the summer Olympics, a guy was on a diving board and he jumped twice, stopped, and did a belly flop into the pool.
    - Sophomore Jeffrey Shih

I like the figure skating when they do the leaps and when they fall it is so shocking. Also, Mirai Nagasu is going to be in it.
    - Junior Happy Vuong

I like Ice Hockey because it is an awesome sport. I also like getting together with my friends to bet on which team will win or lose.
    - Junior Peter Pan

It’s fun-filled! It’s not about winning; it’s about the passion of losing.
    - Junior Eric Lee

The Olympics bring together countries even when they're involved in a bitter war; like in the summer Olympics when the athletes from Georgia and Russia hugged after winning gold and silver."
    - Sophomore Nicole Agger-Nielsen

I’m excited to see what going to happen for the ice skating portion because I like seeing them twirl on the ice. Ice skating is like dancers gliding across the ice and it is fun to watch them compete in the winter Olympics.
    -Freshman Sarah Quan

With the exciting events on the way, good luck to all the teams as well as our very own figure skater, Mirai Nagasu. There’s nothing like the Olympics with all those intense leaps, mouth-dropping falls, and phenomenal athletes, so keep up with the news because Vancouver’s 2010 Olympics is underway.
    lenakalemkiarian

Winter Olympics Empty Re: Winter Olympics

Post  lenakalemkiarian Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:44 pm

The start of the winter season doesn’t just begin with the snow and chilly evenings, but it also calls for the most tremendous thrilling event of the year, Vancouver’s 2010 Olympics. Planning this event for years, Vancouver is overjoyed to host the Olympics and has been readier than ever. But not only is Vancouver thrilled, but also many AHS students are pumped up for this exciting event as well.

I look forward to watching figure skating in the winter Olympics and watching Mirai Nagasu perform.

I like watching ice skating and I support Mirai Nagasu because she’s really good.
    - Senior Judy Yu

I like the Olympic trials because it’s hilarious when you watch the athletes fail. One time, during the summer Olympics, a guy was on a diving board and he jumped twice, stopped, and did a belly flop into the pool.
    - Sophomore Jeffrey Shih

I like the figure skating when they do the leaps and when they fall it is so shocking. Also, Mirai Nagasu is going to be in it.
    - Junior Happy Vuong

I like Ice Hockey because it is an awesome sport. I also like getting together with my friends to bet on which team will win or lose.
    - Junior Peter Pan

It’s fun-filled! It’s not about winning; it’s about the passion of losing.
    - Junior Eric Lee

The Olympics bring together countries even when they're involved in a bitter war; like in the summer Olympics when the athletes from Georgia and Russia hugged after winning gold and silver."

I’m excited to see what [is] going to happen for the ice skating portion because I like seeing them twirl on the ice. Ice skating is like dancers gliding across the ice and it is fun to watch them compete in the winter Olympics. [Ice skating is like dancing while gliding across the ice... or Ice skaters are like dancers gliding across the ice...]-Freshman Sarah Quan

With the exciting events on the way, good luck to all the teams as well as our very own figure skater, Mirai Nagasu. There’s nothing like the Olympics with all those intense leaps, mouth-dropping falls, and phenomenal athletes, so keep up with the news because Vancouver’s 2010 Olympics is underway.
    amyleong

Winter Olympics Empty Revision #1

Post  amyleong Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:49 pm

The start of this winter season doesn’t just begin with the snow and chilly evenings; it also calls for the most tremendous, thrilling event of the year, Vancouver’s 2010 Winter Olympics. Having planned this event for years, Vancouver is both exuberated and prepared to host the Olympics this year. But not only is Vancouver thrilled, also many AHS students are pumped up for this exciting event as well.
    I look forward to watching figure skating in the Winter Olympics and watching Mirai Nagasu perform.
    I like watching ice skating, and I support Mirai Nagasu because she’s really good.
    - Senior Judy Yu
    I like the Olympic trials because it’s hilarious when you watch the athletes fail. One time, during the Summer Olympics, a guy was on a diving board and he jumped twice, stopped, and did a belly flop into the pool.
    - Sophomore Jeffrey Shih
    I like the figure skating when they do the leaps and when they fall. It is so shocking. Also, Mirai Nagasu is going to be in it.
    - Junior Happy Vuong
    I like ice hockey because it is an awesome sport. I also like getting together with my friends to bet on which team will win or lose.
    - Junior Peter Pan
    The Olympic games are fun-filled! It’s not about winning; it’s about the passion of losing.
    - Junior Eric Lee
    The Olympics bring together countries even when they're involved in a bitter war, like in the summer Olympics when the athletes from Georgia and Russia hugged after winning gold and silver."
    I’m excited to see what is going to happen for the ice skating portion because I like seeing them twirl on the ice. Ice skating is like dancing while gliding across the ice, and it is fun to watch them compete in the Winter Olympics.
    -Freshman Sarah Quan
    Ice hockey is really fun and very entertaining to watch when people will bump into each other. Plus, it’s my favorite sport but, it's a really hard sport to play.
    -Sophomore Johnny Ho
    One event that has caught my eye was the ski jumping portion being held at Whistler Park. It is also the backdrop for many of the other Skiing competitions. These highly trained athletes ski down a steep slope rushing by at top speeds to compete in distances. This is an exciting event be sure to look out for that on February 12th.
    -Freshman Jeffrey Wu
    With the exciting events on the way, best of luck to all the teams as well as our very own figure skater, Mirai Nagasu. There’s nothing like the Olympics with all those intense leaps, mouth-dropping falls, and phenomenal athletes, so keep up with the news because Vancouver’s 2010 Olympic results are underway.
    lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:28 pm

The start of this winter season doesn’t just begin with the snow and chilly evenings; it also calls for the most tremendous, thrilling event of the year, Vancouver’s 2010 Winter Olympics. Having planned this event for years, Vancouver is both exuberated and prepared to host the Olympics this year. But not only is Vancouver thrilled, also many AHS students are pumped up for this exciting event as well.
    I look forward to watching figure skating in the Winter Olympics and watching Mirai Nagasu perform.
    I like watching ice skating, and I support Mirai Nagasu because she’s really good.
    - Senior Judy Yu
    I like the Olympic trials because it’s hilarious when you watch the athletes fail. One time, during the Summer Olympics, a guy was on a diving board and he jumped twice, stopped, and did a belly flop into the pool.
    - Sophomore Jeffrey Shih
    I like the figure skating when they do the leaps and when they fall. It is so shocking. Also, Mirai Nagasu is going to be in it.
    - Junior Happy Vuong
    I like ice hockey because it is an awesome sport. I also like getting together with my friends to bet on which team will win or lose.
    - Junior Peter Pan
    The Olympic games are fun-filled! It’s not about winning; it’s about the passion of losing.
    - Junior Eric Lee
    The Olympics bring together countries even when they're involved in a bitter war, like in the summer Olympics when the athletes from Georgia and Russia hugged after winning gold and silver." [either delete the quotation mark or add one before and after each quote]- Sophomore Nicole Agger-Nielsen
    I’m excited to see what is going to happen for the ice skating portion because I like seeing them twirl on the ice. Ice skating is like dancing while gliding across the ice, and it is fun to watch them compete in the Winter Olympics.
    -Freshman Sarah Quan
    Ice hockey is really fun and very entertaining to watch when people will [delete will] bump into each other. Plus, it’s my favorite sport but,[move comma before 'but'] it's a really hard sport to play.
    -Sophomore Johnny Ho
    One event that has caught my eye was the ski jumping portion being held at Whistler Park. It is also the backdrop for many of the other Skiing competitions. These highly trained athletes ski down a steep slope rushing by at top speeds to compete in distances. This is an exciting event be sure to look out for that on February 12th. [Feb. 12; the paper doesnt come out till after Feb. 12, change to past tense]
    -Freshman Jeffrey Wu
    With the exciting events on the way, best of luck to all the teams as well as our very own figure skater, Mirai Nagasu. There’s nothing like the Olympics with all those intense leaps, mouth-dropping falls, and phenomenal athletes, so keep up with the news because Vancouver’s 2010 Olympic results are underway.
    amyleong

Winter Olympics Empty Revision #2

Post  amyleong Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:00 pm

- Senior Judy Yu
    - Sophomore Jeffrey Shih
    - Junior Happy Vuong
    - Junior Peter Pan
    - Junior Eric Lee
    The Olympics bring together countries even when they're involved in a bitter war, like in the summer Olympics when the athletes from Georgia and Russia hugged after winning gold and silver.
    -Freshman Sarah Quan
    Ice hockey is really fun and very entertaining to watch when people bump into each other. Plus, it’s my favorite sport, but it's a really hard sport to play.
    -Sophomore Johnny Ho
    One event that has caught my eye was the ski jumping portion being held at Whistler Park. It is also the backdrop for many of the other Skiing competitions. These highly trained athletes ski down a steep slope rushing by at top speeds to compete in distances. This was an exciting event, so be sure to look out for that on Feb. 12.
    -Freshman Jeffrey Wu

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 8:12 pm