The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

Micah Kwok

hanarudolph

Micah Kwok Empty Micah Kwok

Post  hanarudolph Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:41 pm

Practice never comes easy; the performance, the competition is always the fun and exciting part of an activity. But junior Micah Kwok proves to be capable of both—understanding the value of sore muscles and tired lungs. While the Chanteurs lifestyle can be most hectic, Micah’s attitude to the group’s values as a dedicated and persevering performing arts group.
    While being a second-year member of Chanteurs doesn’t bring any surprises about the consuming workload, the time commitment never gets any easier. On top of the hour daily spent at fifth period, Micah attends lunch sectionals twice a week—coming close to six hours a week spent on learning and perfecting the music for the various spring competitions. Yet the choreography rehearsals are much worse: three hours on Tuesday and eight hours on Saturday equate to eleven hours a week of dance, outside of school. This year’s Chanteurs is not about slacking off. Because of rehearsals, Micah finds himself waking at 7:00 a.m. on Saturdays and sore on Sundays. He also misses the “weddings, funerals, parties—any fun and exciting thing to look forward to at the end of the week” for the sake of the group. And that’s not even including the rehearsals on the days off.
    Micah is currently Dance Captain, Section Leader, and Sound Crew President of Chanteurs. As Dance Captain, Micah is in charge of making sure that the boys don’t have two left feet. As Section Leader, Micah guides the basses through the tricky notes of a four-part tune. And as Sound Crew President, he is accountable to Mr. Maxson, the choir director, for the sound quality at shows and competitions. The many leadership positions come with loads of responsibilities, yet Micah does not shirk from the expectations upon him. “The responsibility is pretty tough,” Micah admitted, “but I try my best to encourage others and try to make group progress in achieving our goals.” Ultimately, “Of course I find Chanteurs worth it!” is the dedicated member’s sentiments. Micah learns to balance the obligations with the encouragements—and enjoys his jobs so much that he has high aspirations and goals for his next year with Chanteurs.
    But as for this year, the workload has already paid off. A first place trophy at their first competition of the season—and perhaps many more to follow.
    reginaliu

Micah Kwok Empty Re: Micah Kwok

Post  reginaliu Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 pm

Practice never comes easy; the performance, the competition is always the fun and exciting part of an activity. But junior Micah Kwok proves to be capable of both—understanding the value of sore muscles and tired lungs. While the Chanteurs lifestyle can be most hectic, Micah’s attitude to the group’s values as a dedicated and persevering performing arts group. [fragment]
    While being a second-year member of Chanteurs doesn’t bring any surprises about the consuming workload, the time commitment never gets any easier. On top of the hour daily spent at fifth period, Micah attends lunch sectionals twice a week—coming close to six hours a week spent on learning and perfecting the music for the various spring competitions. Yet the choreography rehearsals are much worse: three hours on Tuesday and eight hours on Saturday equate to eleven hours a week of dance, outside of school. This year’s Chanteurs is not about slacking off. Because of rehearsals, Micah finds himself waking at 7:00 a.m. on Saturdays and sore on Sundays. He also misses the “weddings, funerals, parties—any fun and exciting thing to look forward to at the end of the week” for the sake of the group. And that’s not even including the rehearsals on the days off.
    Micah is currently Dance Captain, Section Leader, and Sound Crew President of Chanteurs. As Dance Captain, Micah is in charge of making sure that the boys don’t have two left feet. As Section Leader, Micah guides the basses through the tricky notes of a four-part tune. And as Sound Crew President, he is accountable to Mr. Maxson, the choir director, for the sound quality at shows and competitions. The many leadership positions come with loads of responsibilities, yet Micah does not shirk from the expectations upon him. “The responsibility is pretty tough,” Micah admitted, “but I try my best to encourage others and try to make group progress in achieving our goals.” Ultimately, “Of course I find Chanteurs worth it!” is the dedicated member’s sentiments. Micah learns to balance the obligations with the encouragements—and enjoys his jobs so much that he has high aspirations and goals for his next year with Chanteurs.
    But as for this year, the workload has already paid off. A first place trophy at their first competition of the season—and perhaps many more to follow.
    sammiwong

Post  sammiwong Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am

Practice never comes easy: the performance, the competition is always the fun and exciting part of an activity. But junior Micah Kwok proves to be capable of both—understanding the value of sore muscles and tired lungs. While the Chanteurs lifestyle can be most hectic, Micah’s attitude reflects the group’s values as a dedicated and persevering performing arts group.
    While being a second-year member of Chanteurs doesn’t bring any surprises about the consuming workload, the time commitment never gets any easier. On top of the hour spent daily at fifth period, Micah attends lunch sectionals twice a week—coming close to six hours a week spent on learning and perfecting the music for the various spring competitions. Yet the choreography rehearsals are much worse: three hours on Tuesday and eight hours on Saturday equate to eleven hours a week of dance, outside of school. This year’s Chanteurs is not about slacking off. Because of rehearsals, Micah often finds himself waking at 7:00 a.m. on Saturdays and sore on Sundays. And that’s not even including the rehearsals on the days off.
    hanarudolph

Post  hanarudolph Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:07 pm

Sorry-- I edited my article after posting but put it on the page roughs to gauge how much longer/ shorter it needed to be.... which is why the update is in sammi's name Smile
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:29 pm

Practice never comes easy: the performance, the competition is always the fun and exciting part of an activity. But junior Micah Kwok proves to be capable of both—understanding the value of sore muscles and tired lungs. While the Chanteurs lifestyle can be most hectic, Micah’s attitude reflects the group’s values as a dedicated and persevering performing arts group.
    While being a second-year member of Chanteurs doesn’t bring any surprises about the consuming workload, the time commitment never gets any easier. On top of the hour spent daily at fifth period, Micah attends lunch sectionals twice a week—coming close to six hours a week spent on learning and perfecting the music for the various spring competitions. Yet the choreography rehearsals are much worse: three hours on Tuesday and eight hours on Saturday equate to eleven hours a week of dance, outside of school. This year’s Chanteurs is not about slacking off. Because of rehearsals, Micah often finds himself waking at 7:00 a.m. on Saturdays and sore on Sundays. And that’s not even including the rehearsals on the days off.

Good job!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:12 am