The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

4 posters

Cupcakes!

theresalee

Cupcakes! Empty Cupcakes!

Post  theresalee Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 am

Roses are red, violets are blue, insert corny rhyme here. With the lovebird season is still flirting around the corner, I decided to try out something other than the usual full meal restaurant. Now, I'm not a big fan of baked goods. A birthday cake and cookies at my grandmother's ever so often is plenty satisfaction for my taste buds. But I do know that many of you have a ravenous sweet tooth. Since February is the month for all things sparkly, lovable, and eye candy-licious (for the record, I am not talking about Edward Cullen), a suitable location would be a bakery, or even more specific to nectarous pastries, a cupcake store! My gluttinous senses start tingling as I remember a new opening at the food court of our very own Santa Anita Mall! Back for the second time at the mall, Spotted! T makes her way to the food court right in front of CB's CupCakes.
    If you are programmed to think in any way like me, the first thing that comes to mind is to question what CB stands for. The store sign certainly offers no assistance and their website seems disinclined to provide any explanation. I was prompted to make up some silly phrases on the spot (something I do when encountering all unknown acronyms) like Crazy Bartender, Confucius' Brother, or Candied Barney. Okay, just kidding. But I think we can safely assume that CB are the initials of whoever started these chain stores. Name aside, there are a few other things that stand out about the appearance of this store. First, the overly dressed up cute girl getup. I understand that there is a certain appeal to having a girly polka dot theme, but the fact is that this store tends to be more directed towards females. That highly limits the range of customers as 50% of other population are males, who, I would imagine, would try to stay away from this femininely decorated store.
    What then, makes this store unique? This cupcake joint is very much similar to a Subway or Chipotle. Not food wise, but how the food is prepared. Instead of choosing from premade cupcakes, you get to choose which flavor of cupcake, what type of icing, and what topping and watch them make it for you. For cake flavors, there are four choices: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Key Lime (have never seen or heard of such a flavor). As an extra choice, their Fabulous Flavor of the Month is Coca-Cola. Icing is limited to Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese and the variety of toppings includes, but is not limited to rainbow/chocolate sprinkles, pink sugar, M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbles, and gummy bears. I picked out a fairly normal combination of red velvet topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. Cupcakes come in two sizes, muffin and mini, which are $3.25 and $1.50 each, respectively. Yes, I said three dollars for a cupcake. At this price, I expected my cupcake to be exceptionally tasty and fit for high class dining. Did it deliver? Not quite. Though the cupcake is better than normal standards, the quality is not up to par according to the cost. I'm not saying it tasted bad, but that I anticipated it to be more worth my buck. My first bite into the crimson pastry left my mouth swirling in delightful bliss, the silky sweet icing infused with chocolately sponge texture. The cake was fluffy and moist while the sprinkles added a slight crunch to the gooey madness of icing. I took a sip of their Sweet Tea, but it was nothing out of the ordinary ($2.50 for a cup). I didn't have the money to try out other combinations (you can't blame me, we're in a recession).
    Besides normal cupcakes, CB's also sells Icing Shots for $1. They are exactly what they seem like, shots of icing with a topping. I dared not try t for fear of enlarging my glutinous nature and it's not hard to imagine what it would taste like..a mouthful of overly-sweetened, heartattack-inducing, fat-filled, calorie-combusted cream. Delicious, no? CB's CupCakes, in addition, not only has human food for sale, but also advertises Doggy Cupcakes(? I need to check if it was cupcakes, or doggie treats!). Other merchandise like Tshirts are displayed over the counter as well.
    Needless to say, eating here was an interesting experience.
    theresalee

Cupcakes! Empty Re: Cupcakes!

Post  theresalee Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:05 am

Roses are red, violets are blue, insert corny rhyme here. With the lovebird season is still flirting around the corner, I decided to try out something other than the usual full meal restaurant. Now, I'm not a big fan of baked goods. A birthday cake and cookies at my grandmother's ever so often is plenty satisfaction for my taste buds. But I do know that many of you have a ravenous sweet tooth. Since February is the month for all things sparkly, lovable, and eye candy-licious (for the record, I am not talking about Edward Cullen), a suitable location would be a bakery, or even more specific to nectarous pastries, a cupcake store! My gluttinous senses start tingling as I remember a new opening at the food court of our very own Santa Anita Mall! Back for the second time at the mall, Spotted! T makes her way to the food court right in front of CB's CupCakes.
    If you are programmed to think in any way like me, the first thing that comes to mind is to question what CB stands for. The store sign certainly offers no assistance and their website seems disinclined to provide any explanation. I was prompted to make up some silly phrases on the spot (something I do when encountering all unknown acronyms) like Crazy Bartender, Confucius' Brother, or Candied Barney. Okay, just kidding. But I think we can safely assume that CB are the initials of whoever started these chain stores. Name aside, there are a few other things that stand out about the appearance of this store. First, the overly dressed up cute girl getup. I understand that there is a certain appeal to having a girly polka dot theme, but the fact is that this store tends to be more directed towards females. That highly limits the range of customers as 50% of other population are males, who, I would imagine, would try to stay away from this femininely decorated store.
    What then, makes this store unique? This cupcake joint is very much similar to a Subway or Chipotle. Not food wise, but how the food is prepared. Instead of choosing from premade cupcakes, you get to choose which flavor of cupcake, what type of icing, and what topping and watch them make it for you. For cake flavors, there are four choices: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Key Lime (have never seen or heard of such a flavor). As an extra choice, their Fabulous Flavor of the Month is Coca-Cola. Icing is limited to Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese and the variety of toppings includes, but is not limited to rainbow/chocolate sprinkles, pink sugar, M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbles, and gummy bears. I picked out a fairly normal combination of red velvet topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. Cupcakes come in two sizes, muffin and mini, which are $3.25 and $1.50 each, respectively. Yes, I said three dollars for a cupcake. At this price, I expected my cupcake to be exceptionally tasty and fit for high class dining. Did it deliver? Not quite. Though the cupcake is better than normal standards, the quality is not up to par according to the cost. I'm not saying it tasted bad, but that I anticipated it to be more worth my buck. My first bite into the crimson pastry left my mouth swirling in delightful bliss, the silky sweet icing infused with chocolately sponge texture. The cake was fluffy and moist while the sprinkles added a slight crunch to the gooey madness of icing. I took a sip of their Sweet Tea, but it was nothing out of the ordinary ($2.50 for a cup). I didn't have the money to try out other combinations (you can't blame me, we're in a recession).
    Besides normal cupcakes, CB's also sells Icing Shots for $1. They are exactly what they seem like, shots of icing with a topping. I dared not try t for fear of enlarging my glutinous nature and it's not hard to imagine what it would taste like..a mouthful of overly-sweetened, heartattack-inducing, fat-filled, calorie-combusted cream. Delicious, no? CB's CupCakes, in addition, not only has human food for sale, but also advertises Doggy Cupcakes(? I need to check if it was cupcakes, or doggie treats!). Other merchandise like Tshirts are displayed over the counter as well.
    Needless to say, eating here was an interesting experience. I'd have to conclude that the pricing is definitely on the expensive side though. $3 for a cupcake (even a good one) is pushing it, especially since a lot of people want to save their money nowadays with the economy on the fritz. I would, however, recommend this place for gift giving purposes. A few personally customized cupcakes would look very nice and the taste is pretty good anyway. This just isn't someplace I would go on a normal basis. With that said, here Glutton Girl signing off another month of the year! You know you love me,

XOXO GLutton Girl
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:35 pm

EDIT 1

Roses are red, violets are blue, insert corny rhyme here. With the lovebird season is still flirting around the corner, I decided to try out something other than the usual full meal restaurant. Now, I'm not a big fan of baked goods. A birthday cake and cookies at my grandmother's ever so often is plenty [change to 'more than enough'] satisfaction for my taste buds. But I do know that many of you have a ravenous sweet tooth. Since February is the month for all things sparkly, lovable, and eye candy-licious (for the record, I am not talking about Edward Cullen), a suitable location would be a bakery, or even more specific to nectarous pastries, a cupcake store! My gluttinous [gluttonous] senses start tingling as I remember a new opening at the food court of our very own Santa Anita Mall! Back for the second time at the mall, Spotted! T makes her way to the food court right in front of CB's CupCakes.
    If you are programmed to think in any way like me, the first thing that comes to mind is to question what CB stands for. The store sign certainly offers no assistance and their website seems disinclined to provide any explanation. I was prompted to make up some silly phrases on the spot (something I do when encountering all unknown acronyms) like Crazy Bartender, Confucius' Brother, or Candied Barney. Okay, just kidding. But I think we can safely assume that CB are the initials of whoever started these chain stores. Name aside, there are a few other things that stand out about the appearance of this store. First, the overly dressed up cute girl getup. I understand that there is a certain appeal to having a girly polka dot theme, but the fact is that this store tends to be more directed towards females. That highly limits the range of customers as 50% of other [replace with 'the'] population are males, who, I would imagine, would try to stay away from this femininely decorated store.
    What then, makes this store unique? This cupcake joint is very much similar to a Subway or Chipotle. Not food wise, but how the food is prepared. Instead of choosing from premade cupcakes, you get to choose which flavor of cupcake, what type of icing, and what topping and watch them make it for you. For cake flavors, there are four choices: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Key Lime (have never seen or heard of such a flavor). As an extra choice, their Fabulous Flavor of the Month is Coca-Cola. Icing is limited to Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese and the variety of toppings includes , but is not limited to [delete] rainbow/chocolate sprinkles, pink sugar, M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbles, and gummy bears. I picked out a fairly normal combination of red velvet topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. Cupcakes come in two sizes, muffin and mini, which are $3.25 and $1.50 each, respectively. Yes, I said three dollars for a cupcake. At this price, I expected my cupcake to be exceptionally tasty and fit for high class dining. Did it deliver? Not quite. Though the cupcake is better than normal standards, the quality is not up to par according to the cost. I'm not saying it tasted bad, but that [delete] I anticipated it to be more worth my buck. My first bite into the crimson pastry left my mouth swirling in delightful bliss, the silky sweet icing infused with chocolately sponge texture. The cake was fluffy and moist while the sprinkles added a slight crunch to the gooey madness of icing. I took a sip of their Sweet Tea, but it was nothing out of the ordinary ($2.50 for a cup). I didn't have the money to try out other combinations (you can't blame me, we're in a recession).
    Besides normal cupcakes, CB's also sells Icing Shots for $1. They are exactly what they seem like, shots of icing with a topping. I dared not try t for fear of enlarging my glutinous [gluttonous] nature and it's not hard to imagine what it would taste like..a mouthful of overly-sweetened, heartattack-inducing, fat-filled, calorie-combusted cream. Delicious, no? CB's CupCakes, in addition, not only has human food for sale, but also advertises Doggy Cupcakes(? I need to check if it was cupcakes, or doggie treats!). Other merchandise like Tshirts [T-shirts] are displayed over the counter as well.
    Needless to say, eating here was an interesting experience. I'd have to conclude that the pricing is definitely on the expensive side though. $3 for a cupcake (even a good one) is pushing it, especially since a lot of people want to save their money nowadays with the economy on the fritz. I would, however, recommend this place for gift giving purposes. A few personally customized cupcakes would look very nice and the taste is pretty good anyway. This just isn't someplace I would go on a normal basis. With that said, here Glutton Girl signing off another month of the year! You know you love me,

XOXO GLutton Girl.
    Webmaster
    Admin

Post  Webmaster Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Roses are red, violets are blue, insert corny rhyme here. With the lovebird season is still flirting around the corner, I decided to try out something other than the usual full meal restaurant. Now, I'm not a big fan of baked goods. A birthday cake and cookies at my grandmother's ever so often is more than enough satisfaction for my taste buds. But I do know that many of you have a ravenous sweet tooth. February is the month for all things sparkly, lovable, and eye candy-licious (for the record, I am not talking about Edward Cullen). So for all you clueless gentlemen out there who have no clue about an appropriate present for this valentine season, a suitable location would be a bakery, or even more specific to nectarous pastries, a cupcake store! After the painstaking experience of finals, I finally get the chance to hit the Santa Anita mall. I'm taking a stroll around the familiar food courts for a quick bite when my gluttonous senses start tingling as I remember a new opening at the food court. Scanning past Chicken Now, the flourescent abundantly pink shop catches my eye, Spotted! T makes her way right in front of CB's CupCakes.
    If you are programmed to think in any way like me, the first thing that comes to mind is to question what CB stands for. Neither the store nor the website offer any explanation. Name aside, there are a few other things that stand out about the appearance of this store. First, the overly dressed up cute girl getup. The menu frames and cupcake display stands are all embroidered in a fancy black design, there are pink bright lights wrapped around cupcake creation area, and the backdrop sports an adolescent-girl's-room look. Though I can't say that this atmosphere lures people to buy cupcakes, I can say that it attracts much attention.
    What then, makes this store unique? This cupcake joint is very much similar to a Subway or Chipotle. Not food wise, but how the food is prepared. Instead of choosing from premade cupcakes, you get to choose which flavor of cupcake, what type of icing, and what topping and watch them make it for you. For cake flavors, there are four choices: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Key Lime (have never seen or heard of such a flavor). As an extra choice, their Fabulous Flavor of the Month is Coca-Cola. Icing is limited to Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese and the variety of toppings includes rainbow/chocolate sprinkles, pink sugar, M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbles, and gummy bears. I picked out a fairly normal combination of red velvet topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. Cupcakes come in two sizes, muffin and mini, which are $3.25 and $1.50 each, respectively. Yes, I said three dollars for a cupcake. At this price, I expected my cupcake to be exceptionally tasty and fit for high class dining. Did it deliver? Not quite. Though the cupcake is better than normal standards, the quality is not up to par according to the cost. I'm not saying it tasted bad, but I anticipated it to be more worth my buck. My first bite into the crimson pastry left my mouth swirling in delightful bliss, the silky sweet icing infused with chocolately sponge texture. The cake was fluffy and moist while the sprinkles added a slight crunch to the gooey madness of icing. I took a sip of their Sweet Tea, but it was nothing out of the ordinary, slightly sweetened ($2.50 for a cup). I didn't have the money to try out other combinations (you can't blame me, we're in a recession).
    Besides normal cupcakes, CB's also sells Icing Shots for $1. They are exactly what they seem like, shots of icing with a topping. I dared not try t for fear of enlarging my gluttonous nature and it's not hard to imagine what it would taste like..a mouthful of overly-sweetened, heartattack-inducing, fat-filled, calorie-combusted cream. Delicious, no? CB's CupCakes, in addition, not only has human food for sale, but also advertises Doggy Cupcakes(? I need to check if it was cupcakes, or doggie treats!). Other merchandise like T-shirts are displayed over the counter as well.
    Needless to say, eating here was an interesting experience. The service was fast since I got to see my cupcake created right in front of my eyes (not as exciting as it sounds though) and the register lady was more than helpful. I'd have to conclude that the pricing is definitely on the expensive side though. $3 for a cupcake (even a good one) is pushing it, especially since a lot of people want to save their money nowadays with the economy on the fritz. I would, however, recommend this place for gift giving purposes. A few personally customized cupcakes would look very nice and the taste is pretty good anyway. This just isn't someplace I would go on a normal basis. With that said, here Glutton Girl signing off another month of the year! You know you love me,
    XOXO GLutton Girl
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:44 pm

^^^^ Ahhhhhh. Sorry, I didn't know Carl was logged in, but just treat that as my post! ^^^^
    melanieyuen

Post  melanieyuen Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:24 am

Roses are red, violets are blue, insert corny rhyme here. With the lovebird season is still flirting around the corner, I decided to try out something other than the usual restaurant. Now, I’m not a big fan of baked goods. A birthday cake and cookies at my grandmother’s is always suffices. But I do know that many of you have a ravenous sweet tooth. February is the month for all things sparkly, lovable, and eye candy-licious (for the record, I am not talking about Edward Cullen). So for all you clueless gentlemen who still owe your sweetie a Valentine, try getting something from a bakery, or even more specific to nectarous pastries, a cupcake store! Spotted! T makes her way to CB’s CupCakes at the Santa Anita Mall.
    The first thing that stands out about the stand is its appearance. Though I can’t say that this atmosphere lures people to buy cupcakes, I can say that it attracts much attention. First, the overly dressed up cute girl getup. The menu frames and cupcake display stands are all embroidered in a fancy black design, there are pink bright lights wrapped around cupcake creation area, and the backdrop sports an adolescent-girl’s-room look.
    What makes this store unique? This cupcake joint is very much similar to a Subway or Chipotle. Not food wise, but in how the food is prepared. You definitely have it your way. You get to choose which flavor of cupcake, what type of icing, and what topping and watch them make it for you. For cake flavors, there are four choices: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Key Lime. As an extra choice, their Fabulous Flavor of the Month is Coca-Cola. Icing is limited to Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese and the variety of toppings includes rainbow/chocolate sprinkles, pink sugar, M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbles, and gummy bears. I picked out a fairly normal combination of red velvet topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. Cupcakes come in two sizes, muffin and mini, which are $3.25 and $1.50 each. Yes, I said three dollars for a cupcake. At this price, I expected my cupcake to be exceptionally tasty and fit for high class dining. Did it deliver? Not quite. Though the cupcake is better than normal standards, the quality is not up to par according to the cost. I’m not saying it tasted bad, but I anticipated it to be more worth my buck. My first bite into the crimson pastry left my mouth swirling in delightful bliss, the silky sweet icing infused with chocolately sponge texture. The cake was fluffy and moist while the sprinkles added a slight crunch to the gooey madness of icing. My order of Sweet Tea, which comes for $2.50, was nothing out of the ordinary.
    Besides normal cupcakes, CB’s also sells Icing Shots for $1. They are exactly what they seem like, shots of icing with a topping. I dared not try t for fear of enlarging my gluttonous nature and it’s not hard to imagine what it would taste like: a mouthful of overly-sweetened, heart attack-inducing, fat-filled, calorie-combusted cream. Delicious, no?
    Needless to say, eating here was an interesting experience. The service was fast since I got to see my cupcake created right in front of my eyes (not as exciting as it sounds though) and the register lady was more than helpful. I’d have to conclude that the pricing is definitely on the expensive side though. $3 for a cupcake (even a good one) is pushing it, especially since a lot of people want to save their money nowadays with the economy on the fritz. I would, however, recommend this place for gift giving purposes. A few personally customized cupcakes would look very nice and the taste is pretty good anyway. This just isn’t someplace I would go on a normal basis. With that said, here Glutton Girl signing off another month of the year! You know you love me,
    XOXO Glutton Girl
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:03 am

Roses are red, violets are blue, insert corny rhyme here, isn't that what we all do? With the lovebird season is still flirting around the corner, I decided to try out something more elegant than the usual restaurant. And since February is the month for all things sparkly, lovable, and eye candy-licious (for the record, I am not talking about Edward Cullen), I decided to go with a bakery of some sort. Now, I’m not a big fan of baked goods. A birthday cake and cookies at my grandmother’s always suffices. But I do know that many of you have a ravenous sweet tooth. And all you clueless gentlemen who still owe your sweetie a Valentine...read on for some surprisingly sweet gifts for your special someone! (erm, should i not use the intro to me finding this store submitted earlier?) Spotted! T makes her way to CB’s CupCakes at the Santa Anita Mall.
    The first thing that stands out about the store is its appearance. Though I can’t say that this atmosphere lures people to buy cupcakes, I can say that it attracts much attention. First, the overly dressed up cute girl getup. The menu frames and cupcake display stands are all embroidered in a fancy black design, there are pink bright lights wrapped around cupcake creation area, and the backdrop sports an adolescent-girl’s-room look.
    What makes this store unique? This cupcake joint is very much similar to a Subway or Chipotle. Not food wise, but in how the food is prepared. You definitely have it your way. You get to choose which flavor of cupcake, what type of icing, and what topping and watch them make it for you. For cake flavors, there are four choices: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Key Lime. For you daredevils(maybe not the right word...) out there, as an extra choice, their Fabulous Flavor of the Month is Coca-Cola. Icing is limited to Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese and the variety of toppings includes rainbow/chocolate sprinkles, pink sugar, M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbles, and gummy bears. I picked out a fairly normal combination of red velvet topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. Cupcakes come in two sizes, muffin and mini, which are $3.25 and $1.50 each. Yes, I said three dollars for a cupcake. At this price, I expected my cupcake to be exceptionally tasty and fit for high class dining. Did it deliver? Not quite. Though the cupcake is better than normal standards, the quality is not up to par according to the cost. I’m not saying it tasted bad, but I anticipated it to be more worth my buck. My first bite into the crimson pastry left my mouth swirling in delightful bliss, the silky sweet icing infused with chocolately sponge texture. The cake was fluffy and moist while the sprinkles added a slight crunch to the gooey madness of icing. My order of Sweet Tea, which comes for $2.50, was nothing out of the ordinary.
    Besides normal cupcakes, CB’s also sells Icing Shots for $1. They are exactly what they seem like, shots of icing with a topping. I dared not try t for fear of enlarging my gluttonous nature and it’s not hard to imagine what it would taste like: a mouthful of overly-sweetened, heart attack-inducing, fat-filled, calorie-combusted cream. Delicious, no?
    Needless to say, eating here was an interesting experience. The service was fast since I got to see my cupcake created right in front of my eyes (not as exciting as it sounds though) and the register lady was more than helpful. I’d have to conclude that the pricing is definitely on the expensive side though. $3 for a cupcake (even a good one) is pushing it, especially since a lot of people want to save their money nowadays with the economy on the fritz. I would, however, recommend this place for gift giving purposes. A few personally customized cupcakes would look very nice and the taste is pretty good anyway. This just isn’t someplace I would go on a normal basis. With that said, here Glutton Girl signing off another month of the year! You know you love me,
    XOXO Glutton Girl
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:27 pm

Roses are red, violets are blue, insert corny rhyme here, isn't that what we all do? With the lovebird season is still flirting around the corner, I decided to try out something more elegant than the usual sitdown restaurant. And since February is the month for all things sparkly, lovable, and eye candy-licious (for the record, I am not talking about Edward Cullen), I decided to go with a bakery...kind of. Now, I’m not a big fan of baked goods. A birthday cake and cookies at my grandmother’s always suffices. But I do know that many of you have a ravenous sweet tooth. And for all you clueless gentlemen who still owe your sweetie a Valentine...read on for a surprisingly heartfelt gift for that special someone! After the painstaking experience of finals, I finally get the chance to hit the Santa Anita mall. I'm taking a stroll around the familiar food courts for a quick bite when my gluttonous senses start tingling as I notice the mass of pinkness that is the new cupcake store. Spotted! T makes her way to CB’s CupCakes at the Santa Anita Mall.
    The first thing that stands out about the store is its appearance. Though I can’t say that this atmosphere lures people in to buy cupcakes, I can say that it attracts much attention. First, the overly dressed up cute girl getup. The menu frames and cupcake display stands are all embroidered in a fancy black design, there are pink bright lights wrapped around cupcake creation area, and the backdrop sports an adolescent-girl’s-room look.
    So what makes this store unique? This cupcake joint is very much similar to a Subway or Chipotle. Not food wise, but in how the food is prepared. You can definitely have it your way. You get to choose which flavor of cupcake, what type of icing, and what topping and watch them make it for you. For cake flavors, there are four choices: Vanilla, Chocolate, Red Velvet, and Key Lime. For you daredevils out there, as an extra choice, their Fabulous Flavor of the Month is Coca-Cola. Icing is limited to Chocolate, Vanilla, and Cream Cheese and the variety of toppings includes rainbow/chocolate sprinkles, pink sugar, M&Ms, Oreo Cookie Crumbles, and gummy bears. I picked out a fairly normal combination of red velvet topped with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles. Cupcakes come in two sizes, muffin and mini, which are $3.25 and $1.50 each. Yes, I said three dollars for a cupcake. At this price, I expected my cupcake to be exceptionally tasty and fit for high class dining. Did it deliver? Not quite. Though the cupcake is better than normal standards, the quality is not up to par according to the cost. I’m not saying it tasted bad, but I anticipated it to be more worth my buck. My first bite into the crimson pastry left my mouth swirling in delightful bliss, the silky sweet icing infused with chocolately sponge texture. The cake was fluffy and moist while the sprinkles added a slight crunch to the gooey madness of icing. But then again, I know a few friends who can bake cupcakes up to the same caliber. My order of Sweet Tea, which comes for $2.50, was nothing out of the ordinary, just slightly sweetened and chilled for a refreshing splash.
    Besides normal cupcakes, CB’s also sells Icing Shots for $1. They are exactly what they seem like, shots of icing with a selection of any topping. I dared not try t for fear of enlarging my gluttonous nature and plus, it’s not hard to imagine what it would taste like: a mouthful of overly-sweetened, heart attack-inducing, fat-filled, calorie-combusted cream. Delicious, no?
    Needless to say, eating here was an interesting experience. The service was fast since I got to see my cupcake created right in front of my eyes (not as exciting as it sounds though) and the register lady was more than helpful. I’d have to conclude that the pricing is definitely on the expensive side though. $3 for a cupcake (even a good one) is pushing it, especially since a lot of people want to save their money nowadays with the economy on the fritz. I would, however, recommend this place for gift giving purposes. A few personally customized cupcakes would look very nice and the taste is very delectable anyway. This just isn’t someplace I would go on a normal basis. With that said, here Glutton Girl signing off another month of the year! You know you love me,
    XOXO Glutton Girl

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:31 pm