The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

My Friend & I Club Profile

annanaran

My Friend & I Club Profile Empty My Friend & I Club Profile

Post  annanaran Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:27 pm

My friend & I is a unique club on campus that focuses on strengthening a strong social interaction between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building a bond between students. To help spark interaction between the students, meetings are held in room G-3 every Wednesday at lunch.

Advisor and Special Education Teacher Ms. Carol McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is, “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships the club members get assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just simply talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always “have fun!”

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is a club that is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves “the interaction.” She continued by explaining, “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her “students [special education students] enjoy having friends [the members of the club] to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. This club provides a place where special education students can hang out and talk to other AHS students. The club members are able to experience first-hand what it is like to help other. This club is able to run successfully with its two advisors Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

My Friend & I is a club on campus that is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so huge, it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to supply familiar faces to special education students that may at often times feel lost on campus.
    velindaliao

My Friend & I Club Profile Empty Re: My Friend & I Club Profile

Post  velindaliao Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:55 pm

My friend & I is a unique club on campus that focuses on strengthening a strong social interaction between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building a bond between students. To help spark interaction between the students, meetings are held in room G-3 every Wednesday at lunch. rephrase this last sentence

Advisor and Special Education Teacher Ms. Carol McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is, “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships the club members get assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just simply talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always “have fun!” try not to use short quotes, especially not at the end of a sentence (in this case you can just take the quotes out - same with the other two-word quote in the next paragraph)

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is a club that is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves “the interaction.” She continued by explaining, “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her “students [special education students] enjoy having friends [the members of the club] to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”
    the purpose of brackets is to clarify the quote yes but it also needs to flow with the sentence (they're not parentheses). rearrange them appropriately so that the quote can be read without pauses for those brackets and still make sense

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. This club provides a place where special education students can hang out and talk to other AHS students. The club members are able to experience first-hand what it is like to help other. This club is able to run successfully with its two advisors Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.
    please vary your sentence starters for this paragraph! most of the sentences all begin with some form of "this club." try combining some sentences because they are a little choppy in this paragraph too

My Friend & I is a club on campus that is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so huge, you might want to reword 'huge' since its such an informal word it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to supply awkward wording - people are not 'supplied' familiar faces to special education students that may at often times feel lost on campus.
    annanaran

Post  annanaran Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:54 pm

My friend & I is a unique club on campus that focuses on strengthening a strong social interaction between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building a bond between students. This bond is strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3.

Advisor and Special Education Teacher Ms. Carol McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is, “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships the club members get assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just simply talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is a club that is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves the interactions between the students. She continued by explaining, “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her special education students “enjoy having friends to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I is a club that allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others. This club is able to be beneficial because of its two advisors Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

My Friend & I is a club on campus that is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so heavily populated, it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to provide familiar faces to special education students that may at often times feel lost on campus.
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:52 am

EDIT 1

My friend [capitalize] & I is a unique club on campus that focuses on strengthening a strong social interaction between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building a bond between students. This bond is strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3.

Advisor and Special Education Teacher Ms. Carol McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is ,[delete] “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships [insert comma] the club members get [replace with 'are'] assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just simply talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is a club that is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves the interactions between the students. She continued by explaining, [replace with 'explained'] “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her special education students “enjoy having friends to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I is a club that allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others. This club is able to be beneficial because of its two advisors Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

My Friend & I is a club on campus that is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so heavily populated, it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to provide familiar faces to special education students that may at often times feel lost on campus.
    annanaran

Post  annanaran Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:40 pm

My Friend & I is a unique club on campus that focuses on strengthening a strong social interaction between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building a bond between students. This bond is strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3.

Advisor and Special Education Teacher Ms. Carol McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships, the club members are assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just simply talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is a club that is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves the interactions between the students. She explained, “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her special education students “enjoy having friends to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”

ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:01 pm

EDIT 2

My Friend & I is a unique club on campus [delete] that focuses on strengthening a strong social interaction [social interactions] between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building a bond [bonds] between students. This bond is strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3.

Advisor and Special Education Teacher [lowercase] Ms. Carol McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships, the club members are assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just simply [delete] talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is a club that [delete]is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves the interactions between the students. She explained, “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her special education students “enjoy having friends to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I is a club that [delete] allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others. This club is able to be beneficial because of its two advisors Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

My Friend & I is a club on campus that [delete] is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so heavily populated, it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to provide familiar faces to special education students that may at often times feel lost on campus.
    annanaran

Post  annanaran Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:18 pm

My Friend & I is a unique club that focuses on strengthening social interactions between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building bonds between students. This bond is strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3.

Advisor and Special Education teacher Ms. Carol McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships, the club members are assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves the interactions between the students. She explained, “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her special education students “enjoy having friends to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others. This club is able to be beneficial because of its two advisors Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

My Friend & I is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so heavily populated, it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to provide familiar faces to special education students that may at often times feel lost on campus.
    annanaran

Post  annanaran Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:43 pm

My Friend & I is a unique club that focuses on strengthening social interactions between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building bonds between students. This bond is strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3, with the help from its two advisors Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

Advisor and Special Education teacher Ms. McVay explained that the sole purpose for the club is “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships, the club members are assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included, is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

With over 30 members, My Friend & I is filled with supportive, caring students that reach out a hand and help those around them. Sabrina mentioned that her favorite part about being involved in My Friend & I is that she loves the interactions between the students. She explained, “I have learned more from my Wednesday's in My Friend and I than I have just about anywhere else. It’s amazing to see how much everybody has in common, and how much fun incredibly different people can have.” Advisor Ms. McVay expressed that her favorite part about advising the club is “Watching the development of relationships as the year progresses, and seeing how much fun everyone has together.” She also added that her special education students “enjoy having friends to visit with during lunch and passing periods.”

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others..

My Friend & I is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so heavily populated, it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to provide familiar faces to special education students that may at often times feel lost on campus.
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:14 pm

EDIT 3

My Friend & I is a unique club that focuses on strengthening social interactions between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building bonds between students. This bond is [These bonds are] strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3, with the [delete] help from its two advisors [insert comma] Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

Advisor and Special Education teacher Ms. McVay explained that the sole purpose for [replace with 'of'] the club is “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships, the club members are assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included,[delete comma] is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others..[delete one period]

annanaran

Post  annanaran Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:19 pm

My Friend & I is a unique club that focuses on strengthening social interactions between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building bonds between students. These bonds are strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3, with help from its two advisors, Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

Advisor and Special Education teacher Ms. McVay explained that the sole purpose of the club is “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships, the club members are assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others.

ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:32 am

EDIT 4

My Friend & I is a unique club that focuses on strengthening social interactions between special education and general education students at AHS. Members in the club partake in numerous activities that contribute to building bonds between students. These bonds are strengthened every Wednesday at lunch in room G-3, with help from its two advisors, Special Education Teachers Ms. Carol McVay and Ms. Nancy Edwards and its two presidents senior Sabrina Consiglio and senior BreeAnn Crofts.

Advisor and Special Education teacher Ms. McVay explained that the sole purpose of the club is “to promote friendship and understanding between general education students and special education students.” To help promote such friendships, the club members are [change to 'each club member is'] assigned a special education student to play games or read stories with. Even though the club participates in many activities, just talking to the special education student and making them feel important and included is able to boost their confidence and allow them to feel accepted. According to club president Sabrina Consiglio, whatever they do, they always have fun.

This club is beneficial to both special education and general education students. It provides a place where special education students can hang out, have fun, and talk to other AHS students. For the club members, My Friend & I allows them the first-hand experience of what it is like to help others.

My Friend & I is all about acceptance and understanding. In a school so heavily populated, it helps when you can spot a familiar face. This club is able to provide familiar faces to special education students that [who] may at often times feel lost on campus
    velindaliao

Post  velindaliao Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:18 am

to copyeditor: please stop copyediting on the forum once pages are on the wall

to anna: you do not need to post a new draft. we will take over your article from now on. but please continue copyediting on the page

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:44 am