The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Stacked Sandwich

theresalee

Stacked Sandwich Empty Stacked Sandwich

Post  theresalee Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:25 am

Stacked Sandwiches
    [Need Intro Idea Here]

So this sandwich store is fairly new, but can be considered popular since many have heard about this location. I’ve heard many friends rave about their delicious subs so I decide to take a visit and see if it is worthy of being among Arcadia’s Elite. Snugly sandwiched (no pun intended) between two small scaled stores (will find out names if possible very soon), Stacked outward appearance doesn’t seem very appealing or attractive. Their logo, a picture of a mouth eating the words ‘Stacked,’ somewhat resembles a dentist’s office and doesn’t give the effect of a fast food joint. Similarly, the interior atmosphere is also quite lacking in substance. The restaurant is basically one big room with the eating area, kitchen, and supplies open for all to see. There’s not much of a sit-down area either. Two metal black stools are lined up against the counter. Though I understand that this place isn’t trying to accommodate with guests who want to sit down and eat. Stacked is more veered towards those who need a quick on-the-go meal.

Scanning the menu, I notice the pricing of their subs hovering around $7 to $8. Not too expensive, considering the fact that it also comes with a side order of fries (with the choice of spicy or normal) or salad. Stacked offers cold and hot subs but also a variety of burgers (from the Standard to the Veggie) and selection of sides (Texas Chili Cheese Fries to Apple Chicken Salad). Unfortunately, the only beverages of choice are canned sodas from a small fridge. With the weather on the fritz, I opted for hot sandwiches, the BBQ Chicken and the Beef Barchetta (after hearing some amazing things about this one). Food preparation is only average, about five minutes for one sandwich. None of this matters as much as the taste of the sandwich, so let’s just get down to the nitty gritty.

The Beef Barchetta cured my stomach of all hunger and left a lasting impression. It’s roasted beef and cheesiness slightly reminded me of a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, but it packed an even greater punch with the rest of its ingredients: grilled onions, horseradish sauce, and fries (a weird ingredient at first, but it evens out the sauciness). It comes with this chipotle-chili broth, which in itself is a new concept for me to sandwich eating. Dipping the sandwich into the broth gives it a whole new feeling and taste, infusing the succulent and zesty soup with the hearty meat essence. The flavors blended scrumptiously like peanut butter and jelly in each luscious bite, with the horsey sauce causing occasional burning/shooting up my nose [I don’t know the exact terminology for that feeling!] Similarly, the BBQ reminds me of California Pizza Kitchen’s famous BBQ Chicken Pizza, but transformed into a sub-like form. The meat is tender and fully soaked into the honeyed BBQ sauce sprinkled with cilantro, all on a fresh roll of bread. The rest of the sandwiches, I assume, are of the same quality so I definitely recommend trying them out.

The only glaring issues I see with this restaurant is possibly the sanitary precautions (or rather, the lack of) and lack of space to sit down to eat. Sandwiches aren’t prepared with gloves but I hope they have strict hand washing regulations around there. Seniors, be sure to check this place out as it is located very close to school and for the rest of you, keep a tab on this place for the future!
    theresalee

Stacked Sandwich Empty Re: Stacked Sandwich

Post  theresalee Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:24 pm

Stacked Sandwiches

[Still thinking about intro -.-]

So this sandwich store is fairly new, but can be considered popular since many have heard about this location. I’ve heard many friends rave about their delicious subs so I decide to take a visit and see if it is worthy of being among Arcadia’s Elite. Snugly sandwiched (no pun intended) between two small scaled stores (will find out names if possible very soon), Stacked outward appearance doesn’t seem very appealing or attractive. Their logo, a picture of a mouth eating the words ‘Stacked,’ somewhat resembles a dentist’s office and doesn’t give the effect of a fast food joint. Similarly, the interior atmosphere is also quite lacking in substance. The restaurant is basically one big room with the eating area, kitchen with an open grill, and supplies open for all to see. There’s not much of a sit-down area either. Two metal black stools are lined up against the counter. Stacked is more veered towards those who need a quick on-the-go meal, so I understand that this place isn’t trying to accommodate with guests who want to sit down and eat.

Scanning the menu, I notice the pricing of their subs hovering around $7 to $8. Not too expensive, considering the fact that it also comes with a side order of fries (with the choice of spicy or normal) or salad. Stacked offers cold and hot subs but also a variety of burgers (from the Standard to the Veggie) and selection of sides (Texas Chili Cheese Fries to Apple Chicken Salad). Unfortunately, the only beverages of choice are canned sodas from a small fridge. With the weather on the fritz, I opted for hot sandwiches, the BBQ Chicken and the Beef Barchetta (after hearing some amazing things about this one). Food preparation is only average, about five minutes for one sandwich. None of this matters as much as the taste of the sandwich, so let’s just get down to the nitty gritty.

The Beef Barchetta cured my stomach of all hunger and left a lasting impression. It’s roasted beef and cheesiness slightly reminded me of a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, but it packed an even greater punch with the rest of its ingredients: grilled onions, horseradish sauce, and fries (a weird ingredient at first, but it evens out the sauciness). It comes with this chipotle-chili broth, which in itself is a new concept for me to sandwich eating. Dipping the sandwich into the broth gives it a whole new feeling and taste, infusing the succulent and zesty soup with the hearty meat essence. The flavors blended scrumptiously like peanut butter and jelly in each luscious bite, with the horsey sauce causing occasional burning/shooting up my nose [I don’t know the exact terminology for that feeling!] Similarly, the BBQ reminds me of California Pizza Kitchen’s famous BBQ Chicken Pizza, but transformed into a sub-like form. The meat is tender and fully soaked into the honeyed BBQ sauce sprinkled with cilantro, all on a fresh roll of bread. The rest of the sandwiches, I assume, are of the same quality so I definitely recommend trying them out. The fries are only average, at best, crispy and tasty but not anything special.

The only glaring issues I see with this restaurant is possibly the lack of sanitary precautions and space to sit down to eat. Sandwiches aren’t prepared with gloves but I can only hope they have strict hand washing regulations around there. Seniors, be sure to check this place out as it is located very close to school and for the rest of you, keep a tab on this place for the future!
    lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:02 am

Stacked Sandwiches

[Still thinking about intro -.-]

So this sandwich store is fairly new, but can be considered popular since many have heard about this location. I’ve heard many friends rave about their delicious subs so I decide[d] to take a visit and see if it is worthy of being among Arcadia’s Elite. Snugly sandwiched (no pun intended) between two small scaled stores (will find out names if possible very soon), Stacked outward appearance doesn’t seem very appealing or attractive. Their logo, a picture of a mouth eating the words ‘Stacked,’ somewhat resembles a dentist’s office and doesn’t give the effect of a fast food joint. Similarly, the interior atmosphere is also quite lacking in substance. The restaurant is basically one big room with the eating area, kitchen with an open grill, and supplies open for all to see. There’s not much of a sit-down area either. Two metal black stools are lined up against the counter. Stacked is more veered towards those who need a quick on-the-go meal, so I understand that this place isn’t trying to accommodate with guests who want to sit down and eat.

The Beef Barchetta cured my stomach of all hunger and left a lasting impression. It’s roasted beef and cheesiness slightly reminded me of a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, but it packed an even greater punch with the rest of its ingredients: grilled onions, horseradish sauce, and fries (a weird ingredient at first, but it evens out the sauciness). It comes with this chipotle-chili broth, which in itself is a new concept for me to sandwich eating. Dipping the sandwich into the broth gives it a whole new feeling and taste, infusing the succulent and zesty soup with the hearty meat essence. The flavors blended scrumptiously like peanut butter and jelly in each luscious bite, with the horsey sauce causing occasional burning/shooting up my nose [I don’t know the exact terminology for that feeling!]][it usually has something to do with clearing your sinuses] Similarly, the BBQ reminds me of California Pizza Kitchen’s famous BBQ Chicken Pizza, but transformed into a sub-like form. The meat is tender and fully soaked into the honeyed BBQ sauce sprinkled with cilantro, all on a fresh roll of bread. The rest of the sandwiches, I assume, are of the same quality so I definitely recommend trying them out. The fries are only average, at best, crispy and tasty but not anything special.

The only glaring issues I see with this restaurant is possibly the lack of sanitary precautions and space to sit down to eat. Sandwiches aren’t prepared with gloves but I can only hope they have strict hand washing regulations around there. Seniors, be sure to check this place out as it is located very close to school and for the rest of you, keep a tab on this place for the future!
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Stacked Sandwiches

The birds chirping, bees buzzing, and flowers blooming are all indications of the return of Californian weather as we all know it. Otherwise, the constant sniffling and rapid depletion of tissue boxes would hint at the arrival of spring as well. I know the seniors have been celebrating the sunny complexion of the skies by going out to eat, but then again, they have been doing that for the past six months so I'm thinking they've run out of places to go by now. But have no fear, for Glutton Girl is here...to save the day by expanding your library of choices. Coincidentally, a petite sandwich eatery has opened up recently and being the curious kitty that I am, Spotted! T ventures into Stacked Sandwich on 18 N. First Ave.

So this sandwich store is fairly new, but can be considered popular since many have heard about this location. I’ve heard many friends rave about their delicious subs so I decided to take a visit and see if it is worthy of being among Arcadia’s Elite. Snugly sandwiched (no pun intended) between two small scaled stores, Stacked's outward appearance doesn’t seem very appealing or attractive. Their logo, a picture of a mouth eating the words ‘Stacked,’ somewhat resembles a dentist’s office and doesn’t give the effect of a fast food joint. Similarly, the interior atmosphere is also quite lacking in substance. The restaurant is basically one big room with the eating area, kitchen with an open grill, and supplies open for all to see. There’s not much of a sit-down area either. Two metal black stools are lined up against the counter. Stacked is more veered towards those who need a quick on-the-go meal, so I understand that this place isn’t trying to accommodate with guests who want to sit down and eat. Presentation of the store ranks many levels lower than presentation and delivery of their food, so it even out naturally.

Scanning the menu, I notice the pricing of their footlong subs hovering around $7 to $8. Not too expensive, considering the fact that it also comes with a side order of fries (with the choice of spicy or normal) or salad. Stacked offers cold and hot subs but also a variety of burgers (from the Standard to the Veggie) and selection of sides (Texas Chili Cheese Fries to Apple Chicken Salad). Unfortunately, the only beverages of choice are canned sodas from a small fridge. Not in the mood for a cold meal, I opted for hot sandwiches, the BBQ Chicken and the Beef Barchetta (after hearing some amazing things about this one). Food preparation is only average, about five minutes for one sandwich. And unless you specify, they won't ask for your choice of toppings; they make it exactly as denoted on the menu. But none of this matters as much as the taste of the sandwich, so let’s just get down to the nitty gritty.

The Beef Barchetta cured my stomach of all hunger and left a lasting impression. It’s roasted beef and cheesiness slightly reminded me of a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich, but it packed an even greater punch with the rest of its ingredients: grilled onions, horseradish sauce, and fries (a weird ingredient at first, but it evens out the sauciness). It comes with this chipotle-chili broth, which in itself is a new concept for me to sandwich eating. Dipping the sandwich into the broth gives it a whole new feeling and taste, infusing the succulent and zesty soup with the hearty meat essence. The flavors blended scrumptiously in each luscious bite, with the horsey sauce causing an occasional burning sensation up my nose. Quite ideal for clearing sinuses in this allergy season. Similarly, the BBQ reminds me of California Pizza Kitchen’s famous BBQ Chicken Pizza, but transformed into a sub-like form. The chicken meat is tender and fully soaked into the honeyed BBQ sauce smothered in melted cheese and sprinkled with cilantro, all on a fresh roll of plain bread. The rest of the sandwiches, I assume, are of the same quality so I definitely recommend trying them out. The spicy fries are only average, at best, crispy, tasty, and hot, but not anything special. On a scale of one to ten for ease of eating, I would rate Stacked Sandwich a seven because even though they use many sauces and liquidy ingredients, the sandwiches mostly stay in one unified piece and don't require much cleaning up after. Compared to Philly's Best, Stacked has more variety with their sandwiches, but that's because Philly's is specifically focused on Philly Cheese Steak. But prices are slightly more elevated here than at Philly's Best. And while Subway allows customers the freedom to choose toppings, dressings, and bread, I personally don't think their quality is as professional as Stacked. But once again, prices do tend to make a huge difference to customers and Stacked doesn't quite measure up to Subway's $5 footlongs.

There is no definite winner between Subway, Philly's Best, and Stacked Sandwiches as all of them have their advantages and disadvantages. It just all boils down to your preference at the moment. The only glaring issues I see with this restaurant is possibly the lack of sanitary precautions and space to sit down to eat. Sandwiches aren’t prepared with gloves but I can only hope they have strict hand washing regulations around there. So seniors, be sure to check this place out as it is located very close to school and for the rest of you, keep a tab on this place for the future!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:03 pm