The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

Speech Follies

oisheeshemontee

Speech Follies Empty Speech Follies

Post  oisheeshemontee Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Let’s play “Would You Rather.” Would you rather have gum in your hair or hair in your gum? Would you rather have green skin for twenty years or eat ten live tarantulas? Would you rather stay home Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night or have hours of fun at Speech Follies? Wait – that last one shouldn’t count, it’s too easy – of course you’d pick Speech Follies!

Every month, we hear of some new tournament that Speech and Debate dominated in – but we never actually get to see what it’s all about. Speech Follies is the annual showcase put on by Speech and Debate to show the rest of AHS what these awesome orators can do. Their talents range from passionately advocating reforms for ending overfishing to singing songs about preventing the spread of herpes. Their repertoire goes on for hours…and you saw it all!

“Quote and stuff,” said audience member __________. (More about speech awesomeness)

When asked, “How does it feel to be a stud?” sophomore Amit Akula answered, “Well…only I would know…” As you can see, these speakers are not only talented in performing but also in lying. (More about this after the event)
    Joanna Liao

Speech Follies Empty Re: Speech Follies

Post  Joanna Liao Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:03 pm

Let’s play “Would You Rather.” Would you rather have gum in your hair or hair in your gum? Would you rather have green skin for twenty years or eat ten live tarantulas? Would you rather stay home Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night or have hours of fun at Speech Follies? Wait – that last one shouldn’t count, it’s too easy – of course you’d pick Speech Follies!

Every month, (delete comma) we hear of some new tournament that Speech and Debate dominated in – (change to comma) but we never actually get to see what it’s all about. Speech Follies is the annual showcase put on by Speech and Debate to show the rest of AHS what these awesome orators can do. Their talents range from passionately advocating reforms for ending overfishing to singing songs about preventing the spread of herpes. Their repertoire goes on for hours…and you saw it all!

“Quote and stuff,” said audience member __________. (More about speech awesomeness)

When asked, “How does it feel to be a stud?” sophomore Amit Akula answered, “Well…only I would know…” As you can see, these speakers are not only talented in performing but also in lying. (More about this after the event)
    oisheeshemontee

Speech Follies Empty Edit #2

Post  oisheeshemontee Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 pm

Every month we hear of some new tournament that Speech and Debate dominated in, but we never actually get to see what it’s all about. Speech Follies is the annual showcase put on by Speech and Debate to show the rest of AHS what these awesome orators can do. Their talents range from passionately advocating reforms for ending overfishing to singing songs about preventing the spread of herpes. Their repertoire goes on for hours…and you saw it all!

“It was really eye-opening,” said freshman Andrew Sun, an audience member in the Friday show. When asked which performance he enjoyed most, he replied, "I would have to say the improv one... I would never be able to make up a five-minute speech in a duration of two minutes on the subject of Twilight!"

Sophomore Josie Yang, a member of Speech and Debate, thought "It was a great experience to see everyone showcasing their talents, because people don't normally get to see what we can do in competition."

"I hope the student body enjoyed watching our performances as much as we enjoyed performing, and we are definitely proud of our team," said junior officer Ray Chao.

"Amy and Amit's duo was awesome!" said sophomore Garrick Liang

When asked, “How does it feel to be a stud?” sophomore Amit Akula answered, “Well…only I would know…” As you can see, these speakers are not only talented in performing but also in lying.
    nancyxiao

Speech Follies Empty Edit #3

Post  nancyxiao Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Every month we hear of some new tournament that Speech and Debate dominated in, but we never actually get to see what it’s all about. Speech Follies is the annual showcase put on by Speech and Debate to show the rest of AHS what these awesome orators can do. Their talents range from passionately advocating reforms for ending overfishing to singing songs about preventing the spread of herpes. Their repertoire goes on for hours…and you saw it all!

“It was really eye-opening,” said freshman Andrew Sun, an audience member in the Friday show. When asked which performance he enjoyed most, he replied, "I would have to say the improv one... I would never be able to make up a five-minute speech in a duration of two minutes on the subject of Twilight!" Sophomore Garrick Liang shared his enthusiasm, declaring, "Amy and Amit's duo was awesome!"

Sophomore Josie Yang, a member of Speech and Debate, thought "It was a great experience to see everyone showcasing their talents, because people don't normally get to see what we can do in competition."

"I hope the student body enjoyed watching our performances as much as we enjoyed performing, and we are definitely proud of our team," said junior officer Ray Chao.

When asked, “How does it feel to be a stud?” sophomore Amit Akula answered, “Well…only I would know…” As you can see, these speakers are not only talented in performing but also in lying. As the Romans say, "Just kidding!"

Watching them perform on stage, sometimes it's hard to believe all these talented speakers are actually just regular AHS students like the rest of us. If you see them around campus, be sure to congratulate them on doing such an awesome job at Speech Follies. And if you missed the show this year, never fear! Given Speech and Debate's trend of consistently improving every year, it's very likely next year's Speech Follies will be bigger and better than ever. Don't miss it!
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:34 pm

Let’s play “Would You Rather.” Would you rather have gum in your hair or hair in your gum? Would you rather have green skin for twenty years or eat ten live tarantulas? Would you rather stay home Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (Wed. through Sat.) night or have hours of fun at Speech Follies? Wait – that last one shouldn’t count, it’s too easy – of course you’d pick Speech Follies!

“It was really eye-opening,” said freshman Andrew Sun, an audience member in the Friday show. When asked which performance he enjoyed most, he replied, "I would have to say the improv one... I would never be able to make up a five-minute speech in a duration of two minutes on the subject of Twilight!" Sophomore Garrick Liang shared his enthusiasm, declaring, "Amy and Amit's duo was awesome!"

When asked, “How does it feel to be a stud?” sophomore Amit Akula answered, “Well…only I would know…” As you can see, these speakers are not only talented in performing but also in lying. As the Romans say, "Just kidding!"

Watching them perform on stage, sometimes it's hard to believe all these talented speakers are actually just regular AHS students like the rest of us. If you see them around campus, be sure to congratulate them on doing such an awesome job at Speech Follies. And if you missed the show this year, never fear! Given Speech and Debate's trend of consistently improving every year, it's very likely next year's Speech Follies will be bigger and better than ever. Don't miss it!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 3:32 pm