The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

4 posters

Lucky Items by Jenny Li

emilyyang

Lucky Items by Jenny Li Empty Lucky Items by Jenny Li

Post  emilyyang Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:06 pm

Now that it’s March and mentions of the Leprechaun and his lucky gold has been the talk for the past month, have you took some time to think about what YOUR lucky item is? Everyone has had one in their lifetime. They come in all shapes and sizes and whether it is that super special bracelet, a dirty old rock, or even lucky underwear; lucky items are different for everyone but they all lend their owners a little bit of luck when they need it the most. Now here’s some AHS students who would like to talk about their very own special lucky item.

Beverly Chen

“My lucky dice located in my chubby has helped me find lost items on several occasions. However it would work in a way that’s more of an exchange then anything. That time when I lost something, I checked in my chubby and there it was, but I found that one of the dice was missing! Though weird, I find my dice to be my lucky item.”

Colin Ma

“My beat up, masking tape. I’ve been through so many things with it. Good times and bad times. Those are the shoes that led me to my bboying passion. Even though they're more rags than shoes I continue to use them today because of the so many past memories I’ve had with them. That and they're hecka comfortable and I love dancing in them”

Sierra Jenkins

“Well, when I was still living in Singapore, my stepmom purchased this necklace for me that has an "s" on it with diamonds and prettiness. She didn't give it to me until recently, when she finally decided that I was old enough to wear it and not lose it. Just the thought she put into this while I was still young and managed to hold on to the necklace meant a lot to me, and now I wear it every day. I feel weird if I don't, it’s my lucky item because when I wear it, I feel more confidant and so perform with better energy.”

Xinrui Chen
    “It’s this cool blue rock I found on the ground I fifth grade. It looks like some sort of special rock but I wouldn't know. I don’t know why it feels so lucky but something about it just made me think that it was the most magical rock in the whole world. Or maybe because it's blue and fits into my hand easily and because I found it on the asphalt blacktop in like Camino grove and when I was little I was like omg what a treasure hahaha.”

Kiko Sunata

“It's a keychain heart and my best friend gave me before one of my first gymnastics competitions and I did really well so after that it became my lucky charm and now I carry it around on my keychain everywhere I go.”

Yoitsu Kamijo

“My lucky item is rather traditional because it’s a Japanese fan I got during the first year of high school. The reason why it’s lucky is because on the fan in Japanese is a saying that translates to mean “peace, purity, happiness”. These three words mean a lot to me, and it’s something I strive for; they also act as an encouragement to me in during rough times.”

Josephine Truong

“A lucky item? Ahaha I do it’s my CELLPHONE! Well because it’s my whole world, and when I’m away from home, it’s a way to connect with loved ones!”
    oisheeshemontee

Lucky Items by Jenny Li Empty Copyedit #1

Post  oisheeshemontee Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Now that it’s March and mentions of the Leprechaun and his lucky gold has [have - since mentions is plural] been the talk for the past month, have you took [taken] some time to think about what YOUR lucky item is? Everyone has had one in their lifetime. They come in all shapes and sizes[,] and whether it is that super special bracelet, a dirty old rock, or even lucky underwear; [change semicolon to comma] lucky items are different for everyone but they all lend their owners a little bit of luck when they need it the most. Now here’s some AHS students who would like to talk about their very own special lucky item.

Beverly Chen

“My lucky dice located in my chubby [What's a chubby?? ] has helped me find lost items on several occasions. However it would work in a way that’s more of an exchange then anything. That time when I lost something, I checked in my chubby and there it was, but I found that one of the dice was missing! Though weird, I find my dice to be my lucky item.”

Colin Ma

“My beat up, ['beat-up' but remove the comma] masking tape. I’ve been through so many things with it. Good times and bad times. Those are the shoes that led me to my bboying passion. Even though they're more rags than shoes I continue to use them today because of the so many past memories I’ve had with them. That and they're hecka comfortable and I love dancing in them[.]

Sierra Jenkins

“Well, when I was still living in Singapore, my stepmom purchased this necklace for me that has an "s" on it with diamonds and prettiness. She didn't give it to me until recently, when she finally decided that I was old enough to wear it and not lose it. Just the thought she put into this while I was still young and managed to hold on to the necklace meant a lot to me, and now I wear it every day. I feel weird if I don't, it’s my lucky item because when I wear it, I feel more confidant and so perform with better energy.”

Xinrui Chen
    “It’s this cool blue rock I found on the ground I [in] fifth grade. It looks like some sort of special rock but I wouldn't know. I don’t know why it feels so lucky but something about it just made me think that it was the most magical rock in the whole world. Or maybe because it's blue and fits into my hand easily and because I found it on the asphalt blacktop in like Camino grove [Grove] and when I was little[,] I was like[,] omg what a treasure hahaha.”

Kiko Sunata

“It's a keychain heart and [replace 'and' with 'that'] my best friend gave me before one of my first gymnastics competitions and I did really well[,] so after that it became my lucky charm and now I carry it around on my keychain everywhere I go.”

Yoitsu Kamijo

“My lucky item is rather traditional because it’s a Japanese fan I got during the first year of high school. The reason why it’s lucky is because on the fan in Japanese is a saying that translates to mean “peace, purity, happiness”. These three words mean a lot to me, and it’s something I strive for; they also act as an encouragement to me in during rough times.”

Josephine Truong

“A lucky item? Ahaha I do it’s my CELLPHONE! Well because it’s my whole world, and when I’m away from home, it’s a way to connect with loved ones!”
    Jenny Li

Lucky Items by Jenny Li Empty Re: Lucky Items by Jenny Li

Post  Jenny Li Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 am

Now that it’s the end of March and mentions of the leprechaun and his lucky gold have been the talk for the past month, have you taken some time to think about what YOUR lucky item is? Everyone has had one in their lifetime. Your lucky item comes in all shapes and sizes; whether it is that super special bracelet, a dirty old rock, or even lucky underwear, lucky items are different for everyone, but they all lend their owners a little bit of luck when they need it the most. Now here are some AHS students who would like to talk about their very own special lucky items.
    Beverly Chen
    “My lucky dice located in my cubby has helped me find lost items on several occasions. However it would work in a way that’s more of an exchange than anything. One time when I lost something, I checked in my chubby and there it was, but I found that one of the die was missing! Though weird, I find my dice to be my lucky item.”
    Colin Ma
    “My beat up masking tape that I use as my dance shoes. I’ve been through so many things with it. Good times and bad times. Those are the shoes that led me to my b-boying passion. Even though they're more rags than shoes I continue to use them today because of the so many past memories I’ve had with them. That and they’re ridiculously comfortable and I love dancing in them”
    Sierra Jenkins
    “Well, when I was still living in Singapore, my stepmom purchased this necklace for me that has an "s" on it with diamonds and prettiness. She didn't give it to me until recently when she finally decided that I was old enough to wear it and not lose it. Just the thought she put into this while I was still young and managed to hold on to the necklace meant a lot to me, and now I wear it every day. I feel weird if I don't, it’s my lucky item because when I wear it, I feel more confident.”
    Xinrui Chen
    “It’s this cool blue rock I found on the ground in fifth grade. It looks like some sort of special rock but I wouldn't know. I don’t know why it feels so lucky but something about it just made me think that it was the most magical rock in the whole world. Or maybe because it's blue and fits into my hand easily and because I found it on the asphalt blacktop in Camino Grove and when I was little I was like wow what a treasure!.”
    Kiko Sunata
    “It's a keychain heart that my best friend gave me before one of my first gymnastics competitions, and I did really well so after that it became my lucky charm and now I carry it around on my keychain everywhere I go.”
    Yoitsu Kamijo
    “My lucky item is rather traditional because it’s a Japanese fan I got during the first year of high school. The reason why it’s lucky is because on the fan in Japanese is a saying that translates to mean “peace, purity, happiness.” These three words mean a lot to me, and it’s something I strive for; they also act as an encouragement to me during rough times.”
    Josephine Truong
    “A lucky item? It’s my CELLPHONE! Well because it’s my whole world, and when I’m away from home, it’s a way to connect with loved ones!”
    oisheeshemontee

Lucky Items by Jenny Li Empty Copyedit #2

Post  oisheeshemontee Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm

Now that it’s the end of March[,] and mentions of the leprechaun [is it just one? Maybe you should make this plural] and his lucky gold have been the talk for the past month, have you taken some time to think about what YOUR lucky item is? Everyone has had [at least] one in their lifetime. Your lucky item comes in all shapes and sizes; whether it is that super special bracelet, a dirty old rock, or even lucky underwear, lucky items are different for everyone, but they all lend their owners a little bit of luck when they need it the most. Now here are some AHS students who would like to talk about their very own special lucky items.
    Beverly Chen
    “My lucky dice located in my cubby has helped me find lost items on several occasions. However it would work in a way that’s more of an exchange than anything. One time when I lost something, I checked in my chubby and there it was, but I found that one of the die was missing! Though weird, I find my dice to be my lucky item.”
    Colin Ma
    “My beat up masking tape that I use as my dance shoes. I’ve been through so many things with it. Good times and bad times. Those are the shoes that led me to my b-boying passion. Even though they're more rags than shoes I continue to use them today because of the so many past memories I’ve had with them. That and they’re ridiculously comfortable and I love dancing in them”
    Sierra Jenkins
    “Well, when I was still living in Singapore, my stepmom purchased this necklace for me that has an "s" on it with diamonds and prettiness. She didn't give it to me until recently when she finally decided that I was old enough to wear it and not lose it. Just the thought she put into this while I was still young and managed to hold on to the necklace meant a lot to me, and now I wear it every day. I feel weird if I don't, it’s my lucky item because when I wear it, I feel more confident.”
    Xinrui Chen
    “It’s this cool blue rock I found on the ground in fifth grade. It looks like some sort of special rock but I wouldn't know. I don’t know why it feels so lucky but something about it just made me think that it was the most magical rock in the whole world. Or maybe because it's blue and fits into my hand easily and because I found it on the asphalt blacktop in Camino Grove and when I was little I was like wow what a treasure!.” [Delete the period]
    Kiko Sunata
    “It's a keychain heart that my best friend gave me before one of my first gymnastics competitions, and I did really well so after that it became my lucky charm and now I carry it around on my keychain everywhere I go.”
    Yoitsu Kamijo
    “My lucky item is rather traditional because it’s a Japanese fan I got during the first year of high school. The reason why it’s lucky is because on the fan in Japanese is a saying that translates to mean “peace, purity, happiness.” These three words mean a lot to me, and it’s something I strive for; they also act as an encouragement to me during rough times.”
    Josephine Truong
    “A lucky item? It’s my CELLPHONE! Well[,] because it’s my whole world, and when I’m away from home, it’s a way to connect with loved ones!”
    Jenny Li

Post  Jenny Li Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:24 pm

Now that it’s the end of March, and mentions of leprechauns and their lucky gold have been the talk for the past month, have you taken some time to think about what YOUR lucky item is? Everyone has had at least one in their lifetime. Your lucky item comes in all shapes and sizes; whether it is that super special bracelet, a dirty old rock, or even lucky underwear, lucky items are different for everyone, but they all lend their owners a little bit of luck when they need it the most. Now here are some AHS students who would like to talk about their very own special lucky items.
    Beverly Chen
    Colin Ma
    Sierra Jenkins
    Xinrui Chen
    “It’s this cool blue rock I found on the ground in fifth grade. It looks like some sort of special rock but I wouldn't know. I don’t know why it feels so lucky but something about it just made me think that it was the most magical rock in the whole world. Or maybe because it's blue and fits into my hand easily and because I found it on the asphalt blacktop in Camino Grove and when I was little I was like wow what a treasure!” [Delete the period]
    Kiko Sunata
    Yoitsu Kamijo
    Josephine Truong
    “A lucky item? It’s my CELLPHONE! Well, because it’s my whole world, and when I’m away from home, it’s a way to connect with loved ones!”
    ElaineTsui

Post  ElaineTsui Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:16 am

Now that it’s the end of March, and mentions of leprechauns and their lucky gold have been the talk for the past month, have you taken some time to think about what YOUR lucky item is? Everyone has had at least one in their lifetime. Your lucky item may come in all shapes and sizes; whether it is that super special bracelet, a dirty old rock, or even lucky underwear, lucky items are different for everyone, but they all lend their owners a little bit of luck when they need it the most. Now here are some AHS students who have their very own special lucky items.
    Beverly Chen
    “My lucky dice located in my cubby has helped me find lost items on several occasions. However, it would work in a way that’s more of an exchange than anything. One time when I lost something, I checked in my cubby and there it was, but I found that one of the die was missing! Though weird, I find my dice to be my lucky item.”
    Colin Ma
    “My beat-up masking tape that I use as my dance shoes. I’ve been through so many things with it. Good times and bad times. Those are the shoes that led me to my b-boying passion. Even though they're more rags than shoes I continue to use them today because of the many past memories I’ve had with them. That and they’re ridiculously comfortable and I love dancing in them”
    Sierra Jenkins
    Xinrui Chen
    “It’s this cool blue rock I found on the ground in fifth grade. It looks like some sort of special rock, but I wouldn't know. I don’t know why it felt so lucky, but something about it just made me think that it was the most magical rock in the whole world. Or maybe because it's blue and fits into my hand easily and because I found it on the asphalt blacktop in Camino Grove, and when I was little, I was like wow what a treasure!”
    Kiko Sunata
    Yoitsu Kamijo
    “My lucky item is rather traditional because it’s a Japanese fan I got during the first year of high school. The reason why it’s lucky is because on the fan in Japanese is a saying that translates to mean “peace, purity, happiness.” These three words mean a lot to me, and it’s something I strive for; they also act as encouragement to me during rough times.”
    Josephine Truong
    “A lucky item? It’s my CELLPHONE! Well, because it’s my whole world, and when I’m away from home, it’s a way to connect with loved ones!”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:40 am