The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

May's Cajun kitchenn

theresalee

May's Cajun kitchenn Empty May's Cajun kitchenn

Post  theresalee Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:15 am

May’s Cajun Kitchen!
    Don’t look now, but there’s a creepy figure stalking you. Oh wait. My bad. It’s just those AP Exams lurking around the corner! And you thought you had more time huh. Ooh, I guess now would be a good time to dust off that textbook and start reading. It also would not hurt to pick up your pencil and actually do your homework. Just kidding, West Siders! I know you all have been studying hard for these tests and I thought to myself, what better way to celebrate the end of AP Testing then to go out for a food run? Lately, I’ve been eating at well-established, brand name restaurants around the area so for this issue, I decided to spice it up by picking out a not so well known location. [May’s Cajun Kitchen is located at 215 E. Foothill Blvd. Monrovia… will try to incorporate this more creatively than just the same old GG intro..]
    Okay, so a quick little intro to this pretty new (around 8 months) joint. It specializes in shrimp and wings. Although it’s located in Monrovia (this might be offensive? If so, I’ll try to reword), this eatery is newly decorated and has a very homely feeling to it. Unlike most restaurants, May’s has a unique layout: The dining tables are located on this elevated floor with a few steps leading down to the order/pickup counters and bathroom area. As for furniture placement, there is a large flat screen TV in one corner (in case you ever have awkward silences, you can pretend to watch it!), a crimson cushion bench for dual use as a waiting area for the restroom or register counter, and numerous flower arrangements to celebrate the beauty of springtime. But what caught my eye the most was the amount of posters for the food selections available. From the outside to the inside, the walls are plastered with papers, posters, and pictures all showing the various entrees served at May’s. It’s a good thing though. May’s has a large assortment of food choices so all the pictures make it much easier to tell what the dish looks like!
    As for the menu, let’s just say, you get the best of many worlds! Their specialty consists of wings (Sesame, Cajun, and Buffalo are a few of the flavors) and shrimp (Louisiana Cajun, Garlic Butter, and Lemon Pepper just to name some), both moderately priced. And appetizers are also a variety of fries, fish n’ chips, sausages, corn, and a personal favorite, the clam chowder soup. Though these items are normally priced, May’s offers some sweet deals with it’s daily special bowls and combos. The Daily Special Bowls (such as Cajun, Teriyaki or Sweet & Sour Chicken) come with a free soda and are priced at $4.49. And the Chef’s Combo lets you choose one dish from a few options (like any wings or shrimp) with an additional choice of rice or fries and then also a free soda all for $6! And the drinks don’t break off from the legacy. Available are a soft drinks (soda), Boba milk tea, ice cappuccino, and smoothies ranging from $1-$3.
    I started off with the Fish n’ Chips as an appetizer for a hearty start to my afternoon meal. The fried fish fillet had a crispy outer layer, tender inside, and a slightly salty taste that went well with the sauce provided. The fries were the kind that crunched when you bit into them, but let out a steamy sigh of the potato-y insides. Next up, the clam chowder.. It was a buttery and sprinkled garlic essence that melted through my taste buds into a mouthwatering creamy paradise. The diced potatoes and clams evenly mixed throughout created a divine balance between the soup and ingredients. I also had the pleasure of eating a combo of the Cajun shrimp over spaghetti and vegetables. The Cajun flavor tastes very authentic, a bit spicy and smoky but not to overpowering. The spaghetti was not the normal Italian kind, but basically rounded noodles smeared with cream sauce. The boba milk tea (only $1) was not too sweet and the mini boba made it all the more fun to drink. I also had a sample of the Pango (or Mineapple haha) was very refreshing on a hot day and the owner assured us that it wasn’t made with pure sugar cane sugar. The only complaint I would have about the food is the wait time. It was not horrendously long, but then again, the owners are the ones preparing the food so it is overlookable.
    Overall, the personality of the dishes fares differently than most other Asian restaurants. Their Cajun specialty, cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and inexpensive menu all contribute to the originality, which makes May’s an ideal place to grab a meal at. And what is even better is that no MSG is added in the food and the sauces are all homemade. None of that artificial stuffs, no siree. So there you have it. Treat your stomach and reward your hardworking mind to this delectable restaurant!
    theresalee

May's Cajun kitchenn Empty Re: May's Cajun kitchenn

Post  theresalee Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:59 am

May’s Cajun Kitchen!
    Don’t look now, but there’s a creepy figure stalking you. Oh wait. My bad. It’s just those AP Exams lurking around the corner! And you thought you had more time huh. Ooh, I guess now would be a good time to dust off that textbook and start reading. It also wouldn’t hurt to pick up your pencil and actually do your homework. Just kidding, West Siders! I know you all have been studying hard for these tests coming up in May so it’s not a coincidence that I picked out a little Cajun Asian fusion [um…is there a term for this? Casian?..], May’s Cajun Kitchen at 215 E. Foothill Blvd. with cross street May Ave. Can you say May Madness? [Hrm. Maybe this isn’t okay since our issue is April and not May :/]
    Okay, so a quick little intro to this pretty new joint. This location is just off of Foothills in plain sight and it specializes in shrimp and wings. There were only two other customers but it wasn’t a prime time to eat. In one corner, there is a large flat screen TV (ideal for watching sports with company)
    and along the banister, numerous flower arrangements to celebrate the beauty of springtime. But what caught my eye the most was the amount of posters for the food selections available. From the outside to the inside, the walls are plastered with papers, posters, and pictures all showing the various entrees served at May’s. It’s a good thing though. May’s has an enormous assortment of food choices…And I’m not even exaggerating when I say that. The pictures just make it a lot easier to decide what choice of food is best.
    As for the menu, let’s just say, you get the best of many worlds! Their specialty consists of wings (Sesame, Cajun, and Buffalo are a few of the flavors) and shrimp (Louisiana Cajun, Garlic Butter, and Lemon Pepper just to name some), both moderately priced. And appetizers are also a variety of fries, fish n’ chips, sausages, corn, and my personal favorite, the clam chowder soup. Though these items are normally priced, compared to Wingstop or KFC, May’s offers some sweet deals with it’s daily special bowls and combos. The Daily Special Bowls (such as Cajun, Teriyaki or Sweet & Sour Chicken) come with a free soda and are priced at $4.49. And the Chef’s Combo lets you choose one dish from a few options (like any wings or shrimp) with an additional choice of rice or fries and then also a free soda all for $6! And the vast drink collection and prices keep up with the rest of the menu. Available are a soft drinks (soda), Boba milk tea, ice cappuccino, and about 20 smoothie flavors ranging from $1-$3.
    I was fortunate enough to be able to taste a variety of items from their menu because I went with a few friends. Starting off with the Fish n’ Chips as an appetizer provided a hearty start to my afternoon meal. The fried fish fillet had a crispy outer layer, tender inside, and a slightly salty taste that harmonized with the cream [I need to verify the sauce flavor] sauce. The fries were the kind that crunched when you bit into them, but let out a steamy sigh of the potato-y insides. Next up, the clam chowder.. It was like a thick buttery and sprinkled garlic essence that melted through my taste buds into a mouthwatering creamy paradise. The diced potatoes and clams evenly mixed throughout created a divine balance between the soup and ingredients. I also had the pleasure of eating a combo of the Cajun shrimp over spaghetti and vegetables. Shrimp is prepared either with the shell or without. I opted for the latter for more ease and efficiency. The Cajun flavor tastes very authentic, a bit spicy and smoky but not too overpowering with the fragrance of garlic and onion. [Will find out more about the nature of spaghetti] The Boba milk tea (only $1) was not exceedingly sweetened but it did have a slight bitter aftertaste, though I thought that was a unique touch. I also had a sample of the Pango (or Mineapple haha) smoothie, which probably is more like a slushy than a fruit blend. And being in California, where basically all four seasons are summer, the glacial mixture was very refreshing even on a chilly day. Bonus fact: For those health conscious, the owner assured us that it was made with only pure sugar cane sugar and not refined sugar. The only complaint I would have about the food is the wait time. It was not horrendously long, but then again, the owners are the ones preparing the food so it is easily overlookable.
    Overall, the personality of the dishes fares differently than most other Asian restaurants. Their Cajun specialty, cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and inexpensive menu all contribute to the originality, which makes May’s an ideal place to grab a meal at. And what is even better is that no MSG is added in the food and the sauces are all homemade. None of that artificial stuffs, no siree. So there you have it. Treat your stomach and reward your hardworking mind to this delectable restaurant!
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 am

May’s Cajun Kitchen!
    Don’t look now, but there’s a creepy figure stalking you. Oh wait. My bad. It’s just those AP Exams lurking around the corner! And you thought you had more time huh. Ooh, I guess now would be a good time to dust off that textbook and start reading. It also wouldn’t hurt to pick up your pencil and actually do your homework. Just kidding, West Siders! I know you all have been studying hard for these tests coming up in May so it’s not a coincidence that I picked out a little Cajun Asian fusion, May’s Cajun Kitchen at 215 E. Foothill Blvd. with cross street May Ave. Can you say May Madness?
    Okay, so a quick little intro to this pretty new joint. This location is just off of Foothills in plain sight and it specializes in shrimp and wings. There wasn't a boisterous atmosphere as there were only two other customers. But then again, it wasn’t a prime time to eat. In one corner, there is a large flat screen TV (ideal for watching sports with company)and along the banister, numerous flower arrangements to celebrate the beauty of springtime. But what caught my eye the most was the amount of posters for the food selections available. From the outside to the inside, the walls are plastered with papers, posters, and pictures all showing the various entrees served at May’s. It’s a good thing though. May’s has an enormous assortment of food choices…And I’m not even exaggerating when I say that. The pictures just make it a lot easier to decide what choice of food is best.
    As for the menu, let’s just say, you get the best of many worlds! Their specialty consists of wings (Sesame, Cajun, and Buffalo are a few of the flavors) and shrimp (Louisiana Cajun, Garlic Butter, and Lemon Pepper just to name some), both moderately priced. And appetizers are also a variety of fries, fish n’ chips, sausages, corn, and my personal favorite, the clam chowder soup. Though these items are normally priced, compared to Wingstop or KFC, May’s offers some sweet deals with it’s daily special bowls and combos. The Daily Special Bowls (such as Cajun, Teriyaki or Sweet & Sour Chicken) come with a free soda and are priced at $4.49. And the Chef’s Combo lets you choose one dish from a few options (like any wings or shrimp) with an additional choice of rice or fries and then also a free soda all for $6! And the vast drink collection and prices keep up with the rest of the menu. Available are a soft drinks (soda), Boba milk tea, ice cappuccino, and about 20 smoothie flavors ranging from $1-$3.
    I was fortunate enough to be able to taste a variety of items from their menu because I went with a few friends. Starting off with the Fish n’ Chips as an appetizer provided a hearty start to my afternoon meal. The fried fish fillet had a crispy outer layer, tender inside, and a slightly salty taste that harmonized with the cream [I need to verify the sauce flavor] sauce. The fries were the kind that crunched when you bit into them, but let out a steamy sigh of the potato-y insides. Next up, the clam chowder.. It was like a thick buttery and sprinkled garlic essence that melted through my taste buds into a mouthwatering creamy paradise. The diced potatoes and clams evenly mixed throughout created a divine balance between the soup and ingredients. I also had the pleasure of eating a combo of the Cajun shrimp over spaghetti and vegetables. Shrimp is prepared either with the shell or without. I opted for the latter for more ease and efficiency. The Cajun flavor tastes very authentic, a bit spicy and smoky but not too overpowering with the fragrance of garlic and onion. And the spaghetti was smothered in cream sauce. The Boba milk tea (only $1) was not exceedingly sweetened but it did have a slight bitter aftertaste, though I thought that was a unique touch. I also had a sample of the Pango (or Mineapple haha) smoothie, which probably is more like a slushy than a fruit blend. And being in California, where basically all four seasons are summer, the glacial mixture was very refreshing even on a chilly day. Bonus fact: For those health conscious, the owner assured us that it was made with only pure sugar cane sugar and not refined sugar. The only complaint I would have about the food is the wait time. It was not horrendously long, but then again, the owners are the ones preparing the food so it is easily overlookable.
    nancyxiao

Post  nancyxiao Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:53 am

May’s Cajun Kitchen!
    Don’t look now, but there’s a creepy figure stalking you. Oh wait. My bad. It’s just those AP Exams lurking around the corner! And you thought you had more time huh [time, huh?]. Ooh,[delete] I guess now would be a good time to dust off that textbook and start reading. It also wouldn’t hurt to pick up your pencil and actually do your homework. Just kidding, West Siders! I know you all have been studying hard for these tests coming up in May so it’s not a coincidence that I picked out a little Cajun Asian fusion, May’s Cajun Kitchen at 215 E. Foothill Blvd. with cross street May Ave. Can you say May Madness?
    Okay, so a quick little intro to this pretty new joint. This location is just off of Foothills in plain sight and it specializes in shrimp and wings. There wasn't a boisterous atmosphere as there were only two other customers. But then again, it wasn’t a prime time to eat. In one corner, there is a large flat screen TV (ideal for watching sports with company)and along the banister, numerous flower arrangements to celebrate the beauty of springtime. But what caught my eye the most was the amount of posters for the food selections available. From the outside to the inside, the walls are plastered with papers, posters, and pictures all showing the various entrees served at May’s. It’s a good thing though. May’s has an enormous assortment of food choices…And I’m not even exaggerating when I say that. The pictures just make it a lot easier to decide what choice of food is best.
    As for the menu, let’s just say, you get the best of many worlds! Their specialty consists of wings (Sesame, Cajun, and Buffalo are a few of the flavors) and shrimp (Louisiana Cajun, Garlic Butter, and Lemon Pepper just to name some), both moderately priced. And appetizers are also a variety of fries, fish n’ chips, sausages, corn, and my personal favorite, the clam chowder soup. Though these items are normally priced, compared to Wingstop or KFC, May’s offers some sweet deals with it’s daily special bowls and combos. The Daily Special Bowls (such as Cajun, Teriyaki or Sweet & Sour Chicken) come with a free soda and are priced at $4.49. And the Chef’s Combo lets you choose one dish from a few options (like any wings or shrimp) with an additional choice of rice or fries and then also a free soda all for $6! And the vast drink collection and prices keep up with the rest of the menu. Available are a soft drinks (soda), Boba milk tea, ice cappuccino, and about 20 smoothie flavors ranging from $1-$3 [$1 to $3].
    I was fortunate enough to be able to taste a variety of items from their menu because I went with a few friends. Starting off with the Fish n’ Chips as an appetizer provided a hearty start to my afternoon meal. The fried fish fillet had a crispy outer layer, tender inside, and a slightly salty taste that harmonized with the cream [I need to verify the sauce flavor] sauce. The fries were the kind that crunched when you bit into them, but let out a steamy sigh of the potato-y insides. Next up, the clam chowder. It was like a thick buttery and sprinkled garlic essence that melted through my taste buds into a mouthwatering creamy paradise. The diced potatoes and clams evenly mixed throughout created a divine balance between the soup and ingredients. I also had the pleasure of eating a combo of the Cajun shrimp over spaghetti and vegetables. Shrimp is prepared either with the shell or without. I opted for the latter for more ease and efficiency. The Cajun flavor tastes very authentic, a bit spicy and smoky but not too overpowering with the fragrance of garlic and onion. And the spaghetti was smothered in cream sauce. The Boba milk tea (only $1) was not exceedingly sweetened but it did have a slight bitter aftertaste, though I thought that was a unique touch. I also had a sample of the Pango (or Mineapple haha) [?] smoothie, which probably is more like a slushy than a fruit blend. And being in California, where basically all four seasons are summer, the glacial mixture was very refreshing even on a chilly day. Bonus fact: For those health conscious, the owner assured us that it was made with only pure sugar cane sugar and not refined sugar. The only complaint I would have about the food is the wait time. It was not horrendously long, but then again, the owners are the ones preparing the food so it is easily overlookable [overlooked].
    Overall, the personality of the dishes fares differently than most other Asian restaurants. Their Cajun specialty, cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and inexpensive menu all contribute to the originality, which makes May’s an ideal place to grab a meal at. And what is even better is that no MSG is added in the food and the sauces are all homemade. None of that artificial stuffs [stuff], no siree. So there you have it. Treat your stomach and reward your hardworking mind to this delectable restaurant!
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:18 am

May’s Cajun Kitchen!
    Don't look now, but there’s a creepy figure stalking you. Oh wait. My bad. It’s just those AP Exams lurking around the corner! And you thought you had more time, huh.? I guess now would be a good time to dust off that textbook and start reading. It also wouldn’t hurt to pick up your pencil and actually do your homework. Just kidding, West Siders! I know you all have been studying hard for these tests coming up in May so it’s not a coincidence that I picked out a little Cajun Asian fusion, May’s Cajun Kitchen at 215 E. Foothill Blvd. with cross street May Ave. Can you say May Madness?]Still trying to rework intro.
    Hop on the Glutton Girl Express and I'll give you all a personal tour of this pretty new joint. For starters, May's is a restaurant just off of Foothills (it's not hard to find at all) that specializes in shrimp and wings, Cajun style. Cajun is all they offer though. They have plenty of Asian cuisine and a few American items as well. First stop: Appearance Alley. I wouldn't call their interior design formal because it gives me this very home-y feeling. It is pleasing to the eye, to say in the least though. In one corner, there is a large flat screen TV (ideal for watching sports with company)and along the banister, numerous flower arrangements to celebrate the beauty of springtime. There was a peaceful atmosphere as there were only two other customers. But then again, it wasn’t a prime time to eat. But what catches my eye the most is the amount of posters for the food selections available. From the outside to the inside, the walls are plastered with papers, posters, and pictures all showing the various entrees served at May’s. I must say it’s a good thing though. May’s has an enormous assortment of food choices…And I’m not even exaggerating when I say that. The pictures just make it a lot easier to decide what choice of food is best. A picture is worth a thousands words, as they say.
    And continuing onto our main attraction of this ride: Grub Gallery! As for the menu, let’s just say, you get the best of both worlds! Actually scratch that. Hannah Montana can't describe this. It's more like, you get to dip your chicken nuggets in so many different sauces. And speaking of chicken...Their specialty consists of wings (Sesame, Cajun, and Buffalo are a few of the flavors) and shrimp (Louisiana Cajun, Garlic Butter, and Lemon Pepper just to name some), both moderately priced, compared to Wingstop or KFC. And appetizers are a variety of fries, fish n’ chips, sausages, corn, and my personal favorite, the clam chowder soup. Though these items are normally priced, May’s offers some sweet deals with it’s daily special bowls and combos. The Daily Special Bowls (such as Cajun, Teriyaki or Sweet & Sour Chicken) come with a free soda and are priced at $4.49. And the Chef’s Combo lets you choose one dish from a few options (like any wings or shrimp) with an additional choice of rice or fries and then also a free soda all for $6! And the vast drink collection and prices keep up with the rest of the menu. Available are a soft drinks (soda), Boba milk tea, ice cappuccino, and about 20 smoothie flavors ranging from $1 to $3.
    I was fortunate enough to be able to taste a variety of items from their menu because I went with a few friends (Take note: friends are for sharing foods with...but even more so for sharing costs with). Starting off with the Fish n’ Chips as an appetizer provided a hearty start to my afternoon meal. The fried fish fillet had a crispy outer layer, tender inside, and a slightly salty taste that harmonized with the tangy tartar sauce. The fries crunched when I bit into them, but let out a steamy sigh of the potato-y insides. Next up, the clam chowder. I can only describe it as a thick buttery and sprinkled garlic essence that melted through my taste buds into a mouthwatering creamy paradise. The diced potatoes and clams evenly mixed throughout created a divine balance between the soup and ingredients. I also had the pleasure of eating a combo of the Cajun shrimp over spaghetti and vegetables. Shrimp can be prepared either with the shell or without. I opted for the latter for more ease and efficiency. The Cajun flavor tastes very authentic, spicy and smoky but not too overpowering with the fragrance of garlic and onion. And the spaghetti was smothered in cream sauce. A few bites left my mouth tingling but longing for more. The Boba milk tea (only $1) was not exceedingly sweetened but it did have a slight bitter aftertaste, though I thought that was a unique touch. I also had a sample of the Mango Pineapple (nicknamed Pango) smoothie, which probably is more like a slushy than a fruit blend. And being in California, where basically all four seasons are summer, the glacial mixture was very refreshing even on a chilly day. Bonus fact: For those health conscious, the owner assured us that it was made with only pure sugar cane sugar and not refined sugar. The only complaint I would have about the food is the wait time. It was not horrendously long, but then again, the owners are the ones preparing the food so it is easily overlooked.
    And now, we arrive at our final destination: The Conclusion Corner. Overall, the personality of the dishes fares differently than most other Asian restaurants. Their Cajun specialty, cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and inexpensive menu all contribute to the originality, which makes May’s an ideal place to grab a meal at. And what is even better is that no MSG is added in the food and the sauces are all homemade. None of that artificial stuff, no siree. So there you have it. Treat your stomach and reward your hardworking mind to this delectable restaurant!
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:05 am

May’s Cajun Kitchen!
    Don't look now, but there’s a creepy figure stalking you. Oh wait. My bad. It’s just those AP Exams lurking around the corner! And you thought you had more time, huh.? I guess now would be a good time to dust off that textbook and start reading. It also wouldn’t hurt to pick up your pencil and actually do your homework. Just kidding, West Siders! With these tests rolling in, I know you all have been studying hard so I picked out a little Cajun Asian fusion, May’s Cajun Kitchen at 215 E. Foothill Blvd. It's not a well-established brand name place or anything, but a small privately run eatery that I think deserves more attention. Your brain needs food to function correctly (I know I can't study on an empty stomach) so we'll just have to see if this eatery makes the grade or fails to pass the taste test!
    Hop on the Glutton Girl Express and I'll give you all a personal tour of this pretty new joint. For starters, May's is a restaurant just off of Foothills (it's not hard to find at all) that specializes in shrimp and wings, Cajun style. Cajun is not all they offer though. They have plenty of Asian cuisine and a few American items as well. First stop: Appearance Alley. I wouldn't call their interior design formal because it gives me this very home-y feeling. It is pleasing to the eye, to say in the least though. In one corner, there is a large flat screen TV (ideal for watching sports with company)and along the banister, numerous flower arrangements to celebrate the beauty of springtime. There was a peaceful atmosphere as there were only two other customers. But then again, it wasn’t a prime time to eat. But what catches my eye the most is the amount of posters for the food selections available. From the outside to the inside, the walls are plastered with papers, posters, and pictures all showing the various entrees served at May’s. I must say it’s a good thing though. May’s has an enormous assortment of food choices…And I’m not even exaggerating when I say that. The pictures just make it a lot easier to decide what choice of food is best. A picture is worth a thousands words, as they say.
    And continuing onto our main attraction of this ride: Grub Gallery! As for the menu, let’s just say, you get the best of both worlds! Actually scratch that. Hannah Montana can't describe this. Metaphorically it's more like, you get to dip your chicken nuggets in so many different sauces. And speaking of chicken...Their specialty consists of wings (Sesame, Cajun, and Buffalo are a few of the flavors) and shrimp (Louisiana Cajun, Garlic Butter, and Lemon Pepper just to name some), both moderately priced, compared to Wingstop or KFC. And appetizers are a variety of fries, fish n’ chips, sausages, corn, and my personal favorite, the clam chowder soup. Though these items are normally priced, May’s offers some sweet deals with it’s daily special bowls and combos. The Daily Special Bowls (such as Cajun, Teriyaki or Sweet & Sour Chicken) come with a free soda and are priced at $4.49. And the Chef’s Combo lets you choose one dish from a few options (like any wings or shrimp) with an additional choice of rice or fries and then also a free soda all for $6! And the vast drink collection and prices keep up with the rest of the menu. Available are a soft drinks (soda), Boba milk tea, ice cappuccino, and about 20 smoothie flavors ranging from $1 to $3.
    I was fortunate enough to be able to taste a variety of items from their menu because I went with a few friends (Take note: friends are for sharing foods with...but even more so for sharing costs with). Starting off with the Fish n’ Chips as an appetizer provided a hearty start to my afternoon meal. The fried fish fillet had a crispy outer layer, tender inside, and a slightly salty taste that harmonized with the tangy tartar sauce. The fries crunched when I bit into them, but let out a steamy sigh of the potato-y insides. Next up, the clam chowder. I can only describe it as a thick buttery and sprinkled garlic essence that melted through my taste buds into a mouthwatering creamy paradise. The diced potatoes and clams evenly mixed throughout created a divine balance between the soup and ingredients. I also had the pleasure of eating a combo of the Cajun shrimp over spaghetti and vegetables. Shrimp can be prepared either with the shell or without. I opted for the latter for more ease and efficiency. The Cajun flavor tastes very authentic, spicy and smoky but not too overpowering with the fragrance of garlic and onion. And the spaghetti was smothered in cream sauce. A few bites left my mouth tingling but longing for more. The Boba milk tea (only $1) was not exceedingly sweetened but it did have a slight bitter aftertaste, though I thought that was a unique touch. I also had a sample of the Mango Pineapple (nicknamed Pango) smoothie, which probably is more like a slushy than a fruit blend. And being in California, where basically all four seasons are summer, the glacial mixture was very refreshing even on a chilly day. Bonus fact: For those health conscious, the owner assured us that it was made with only pure sugar cane sugar and not refined sugar. The only complaint I would have about the food is the wait time. It was not horrendously long, but then again, the owners are the ones preparing the food so it is easily overlooked. The service was extremely helpful and the owners really care about the satisfaction of their customers. They are quick to answer any questions and is definitely reason enough to return for more.
    And now, we arrive at our final destination: The Conclusion Corner. Overall, the personality of the dishes fares differently than most other Asian restaurants. Their Cajun specialty, cozy atmosphere, friendly service, and inexpensive menu all contribute to the originality, which makes May’s an ideal place to grab a meal at. And what is even better is that no MSG is added in the food and the sauces are all homemade. None of that artificial stuff, no siree. So there you have it. Treat your stomach and reward your hardworking mind to this delectable restaurant!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:04 pm