The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

may showwww

hanarudolph

may showwww Empty may showwww

Post  hanarudolph Wed May 12, 2010 12:01 am

The approaching Chanteurs May Show is about to rock the town like previous years have never seen before in “Rock This Town: May Show 2010.” From Wed., May 26 to Sat., May 29, audience members in the Little Theater will be privileged to witness thirty perfectly polished performance pieces, in genres ranging from pop songs to Broadway to video games to Veggie Tales. This is not a show to miss!
    After a highly successful competition season full of first places at a vast majority of regional competitions, Chanteurs has spent the last month preparing for these four performance nights, in accordance to the long-standing annual tradition of a May Show. Amongst the many featured solos, duets, and trios, the highlights are endless. This includes a trio of senior Vice President Ian Ford and juniors Micah Kwok and Zacharay Bondoc in a harmonizing rendition of “Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything,” a cutesy duet by senior Vice President Tiffany Soga and junior Susanna Whang for “Mario Kart Loves You,” and the senior soloist William Zhang’s presentation of “Haven’t Met Her Yet.” Each of the specials for the nights have been polished with dutiful rigor and endless zeal: senior Christine Michael explained, “It’s important to have a solo that really fits you; [mine] is a more classy number that gives more variety to the show and stylistically suits my personality” about her Broadway solo “Maybe This Time.”
    But regardless of specials, all of Chanteurs is actively involved in one way or another through the various group pieces. The boy’s number, “Wild Things” and girl’s number, “You’re the One That I Want” are “both HOT number that I’m sure people will enjoy!” exclaimed senior President Laurel Cho. Those two numbers, plus two more group songs, meant lots of practice time dedicated solely for May Show: the week before the show, Chanteurs is scheduled to rehearse daily for five hours, including running late into the night in order to ensure smooth performances. But despite the “afterschool rehearsals, lunch practices, and crazy weekend hours” spent in perfecting the routines, senior Susan Tan is confident that Chanteurs will pull off some incredible performances.
    This will mark the last year that will be directed and executed by Choir Director Mr. Rollie Maxson, who has been leading the choral department for __ years. Filling in this experienced and talented teacher’s shoes will be difficult [….I kind of don’t know if I want to continue in this direction…..my editors said to focus partly on Maxson but it’s hard to bring it back at the end, so I’ll put this here for now and fix after talking to my editors about what to put. A good quote though could be: “I sing my solo for Mr. Maxson because he told me he really liked Linda Ronstadt, which is the singer of my solo,” laughed Susan, “Soooo, I’ll try my best not to ruin his favorite artist’s song!” annnddd so yeah now I don’t know how to end this cept for this quote: “I’m really excited to end my last year in high school with an awesome May Show (buy tickets!)” exclaimed Christine. Tickets are…. Etc. ]
    reginaliu

may showwww Empty Re: may showwww

Post  reginaliu Sat May 15, 2010 8:47 pm

The approaching Chanteurs May Show is about to rock the town like previous years have never seen before in “Rock This Town: May Show 2010.” From Wed., May 26 to Sat., May 29, audience members in the Little Theater will be privileged to witness thirty perfectly polished performance pieces, in genres ranging from pop songs to Broadway to video games to Veggie Tales. This is not a show to miss!
    After a highly successful competition season full of first places at a vast majority of regional competitions, Chanteurs has spent the last month preparing for these four performance nights, in accordance to the long-standing annual tradition of a May Show. Amongst the many featured solos, duets, and trios, the highlights are endless. This includes a trio of senior Vice President Ian Ford and juniors Micah Kwok and Zacharay Bondoc in a harmonizing rendition of “Pirates Who Don’t Do Anything,” a cutesy duet by senior Vice President Tiffany Soga and junior Susanna Whang for “Mario Kart Loves You,” and the senior soloist William Zhang’s presentation of “Haven’t Met Her Yet.” Each of the specials for the nights have been polished with dutiful rigor and endless zeal: senior Christine Michael explained, “It’s important to have a solo that really fits you; [mine] is a more classy number that gives more variety to the show and stylistically suits my personality” about her Broadway solo “Maybe This Time.”
    But regardless of specials, all of Chanteurs is actively involved in one way or another through the various group pieces. The boy’s number, “Wild Things” and girl’s number, “You’re the One That I Want” are “both HOT number[s] that I’m sure people will enjoy!” exclaimed senior President Laurel Cho. Those two numbers, plus two more group songs, meant lots of practice time dedicated solely for May Show: the week before the show, Chanteurs is scheduled to rehearse daily for five hours, including running late into the night in order to ensure smooth performances. But despite the “afterschool rehearsals, lunch practices, and crazy weekend hours” spent in perfecting the routines, senior Susan Tan is confident that Chanteurs will pull off some incredible performances.
    This will mark the last year that will be directed and executed by Choir Director Mr. Rollie Maxson, who has been leading the choral department for __ years. Filling in this experienced and talented teacher’s shoes will be difficult [….I kind of don’t know if I want to continue in this direction…..my editors said to focus partly on Maxson but it’s hard to bring it back at the end, so I’ll put this here for now and fix after talking to my editors about what to put. A good quote though could be: “I sing my solo for Mr. Maxson because he told me he really liked Linda Ronstadt, which is the singer of my solo,” laughed Susan, “Soooo, I’ll try my best not to ruin his favorite artist’s song!” annnddd so yeah now I don’t know how to end this cept for this quote: “I’m really excited to end my last year in high school with an awesome May Show (buy tickets!)” exclaimed Christine. Tickets are…. Etc. ]
    hanarudolph

Post  hanarudolph Mon May 17, 2010 8:06 am

MAY SHOW

The Chanteurs May Show has just begun to rock the town like previous years have never seen before in “Rock This Town: May Show 2010.” From Wed., May 26 to Sat., May 29, audience members in the Little Theater have been and will be privileged to witness thirty perfectly polished performance pieces, in genres ranging from pop songs to Broadway to video games to Veggie Tales. This is not a show to miss!
    But regardless of specials, all of Chanteurs has been actively involved in one way or another through the various group pieces. The boy’s number, “Wild Things” and girl’s number, “You’re the One That I Want” are “both HOT numbers that I’m sure people will enjoy!” exclaimed senior President Laurel Cho. Those two numbers, plus two more group songs, meant lots of practice time dedicated solely for May Show: this past week before the show, Chanteurs has rehearsed daily for five hours, including running late into the night in order to ensure smooth performances. But despite the “afterschool rehearsals, lunch practices, and crazy weekend hours” spent in perfecting the routines, senior Susan Tan has remained confident that Chanteurs will pull off some incredible performances.
    This will mark the last year that will be directed and executed by Choir Director Mr. Rollie Maxson, who has been leading the choral department for __ years. Throughout this time, Mr. Maxson has created a legacy of Arcadia High School, maintaining a high level of expectations for musicality in show choir competitions and performances. He has many students, past and current, that will greatly miss his presence here. Filling in this experienced and talented teacher’s shoes will be a noteworthy challenge for the incoming replacement; so this year’s May Show is very much dedicated to the retirement of Chanteurs’ worthy director. “I sing my solo for Mr. Maxson because he told me he really liked Linda Ronstadt, which is the singer of my solo,” laughed Susan, “Soooo, I’ll try my best not to ruin his favorite artist’s song!” This sentiment is very much shared by many of the members.
    [CONCLUSION depending on how many more words I need to write…..]
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Tue May 18, 2010 8:58 pm

no changes!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:41 am