The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

can't think of title D:

derekha

can't think of title D: Empty can't think of title D:

Post  derekha Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Let me preface this article by conceding that all human beings naturally crave attention. From the toddler who screams nonstop at about 110 decibels during family gatherings to the mother loudly boasting about her son’s record-setting GPA, there isn’t one of us who does not secretly enjoy the glow of the limelight. So for all you attention-seekers out there (that is, everyone who is reading this), we forgive you.
    What cannot be forgiven, however, is when this behavior carries over into the classroom, a setting which should be devoted to learning rather than satisfying someone’s ego. In every class, there seems to be at least one student who is determined to act like an idiot in order to be the loudest and most noticed. They interrupt lectures with meaningless remarks, make noises at inappropriate moments, and intentionally irritate those around them.
    What is so fascinating (and infuriating) about these individuals is that they want to look stupid, when in fact, many of them are quite smart and earn high grades. They actually aspire to seem less intelligent than they really are, as if at some point in their early childhoods, they said, “Someday, I’m going to grow up and look like an idiot!”
    Well, dreams really can come true.
    Oh, and did I also mention that they’re just plain annoying? These people are so obsessed with being in the center of attention that they have no idea how they come across to other people. They are so trapped in their own egotism that they completely block out the sights and sounds of people rolling their eyes and heaving exasperated sighs whenever they make another unnecessary comment.
    It’s one thing to act foolish in order to get laughs out of friends. It’s another to act foolish in the middle of class and distract other people from their education. Equally guilty are those who encourage this behavior, laughing and playing along. They are the reason why those playing stupid don’t realize that their actions are disrespectful and obnoxious.
    And if anyone recognizes their own behavior in these descriptions, please do not be offended. Instead, look at this as an opportunity to change. We believe in you! Just imagine all the benefits: finally, you won’t need to feel as if you need to act stupid in order to get attention. No longer will you stay up all night wondering if your popularity is based on a façade of moronic behavior. At last, your classmates will be able to listen to you and respect you for who you really are.
    hanarudolph

can't think of title D: Empty Re: can't think of title D:

Post  hanarudolph Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:13 am

Let me preface this article by conceding that all human beings naturally crave attention. From the toddler who screams nonstop at about 110 decibels during family gatherings insert comma to the mother loudly boasting about her son’s record-setting GPA, there isn’t one of us who does not insert "at least" secretly enjoy the glow of the limelight. So for all you attention-seekers out there (that is, everyone who is reading this), we forgive you.
    What cannot be forgiven, however, is when this behavior carries over into the classroom, a setting which should be devoted to learning rather than satisfying someone’s ego. In every class, there seems to be at least one student who is determined to act like an idiot in order to be the loudest and most noticed. They interrupt lectures with meaningless remarks, make noises at inappropriate moments, and intentionally irritate those around them.
    What is so fascinating (and infuriating) about these individuals is that they want to look stupid, when in fact, many of them are quite smart and earn high grades. They actually aspire to seem less intelligent than they really are, as if at some point in their early childhoods, they said, “Someday, I’m going to grow up and look like an idiot!”
    Oh, and did I also mention that they’re just plain annoying? These people are so obsessed with being in the center of attention that they have no idea how they come across to other people. They are so trapped in their own egotism that they completely block out the sights and sounds of people rolling their eyes and heaving exasperated sighs whenever they make another unnecessary comment.
    It’s one thing to act foolish in order to get laughs out of friends. It’s another to act foolish in the middle of class and distract other people from their education. Equally guilty are those who encourage this behavior, laughing and playing along. They are the reason why those playing stupid don’t realize that their actions are disrespectful and obnoxious.
    And if anyone recognizes their own behavior in these descriptions, please do not be offended. Instead, look at this as an opportunity to change. We believe in you! Just imagine all the benefits: finally, you won’t need to feel as if you need to act stupid in order to get attention. No longer will you stay up all night wondering if your popularity is based on a façade of moronic behavior. At last, your classmates will be able to listen to you and respect you for who you really are. nice article! i really enjoyed reading it~
    derekha

Post  derekha Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Let me preface this article by conceding that all human beings naturally crave attention. From the toddler who screams nonstop at about 110 decibels during family gatherings, to the mother loudly boasting about her son’s record-setting GPA, there isn’t one of us who does not at least secretly enjoy the glow of the limelight. So for all you attention-seekers out there (that is, everyone who is reading this), we forgive you.
    And if anyone recognizes their own behavior in these descriptions, please do not be offended. Instead, look at this as an opportunity to change. We believe in you! Just imagine all the benefits: finally, you won’t need to feel as if you need to act stupid in order to get attention. No longer will you stay up all night wondering if your popularity is based on a façade of moronic behavior. At last, your classmates will be able to listen to you and respect you for who you really are. nice article! i really enjoyed reading it~
    hanarudolph

Post  hanarudolph Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:50 pm

Let me preface this article by conceding that all human beings naturally crave attention. From the toddler who screams nonstop at about 110 decibels during family gatherings, to the mother loudly boasting about her son’s record-setting GPA, there isn’t one of us who does not at least secretly enjoy the glow of the limelight. So for all you attention-seekers out there (that is, everyone who is reading this), we forgive you.
    What is so fascinating (and infuriating) I think the part in parentheses is unnecessary about these individuals is that they want to look stupid, when in fact, many of them are quite smart and earn high grades. They actually aspire to seem less intelligent than they really are, as if at some point in their early childhoods, they said, “Someday, I’m going to grow up and look like an idiot!”
    And Delete And if anyone recognizes their own behavior in these descriptions, please do not be offended. Instead, look at this as an opportunity to change. We believe in you! Just imagine all the benefits: finally, you won’t need to delete "need to" feel as if you need to act stupid in order to get attention. No longer will you stay up all night wondering if your popularity is based on a façade of moronic behavior. At last, your classmates will be able to listen to you and respect you for who you really are.
    derekha

Post  derekha Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:40 pm

What is so fascinating and infuriating about these individuals is that they want to look stupid, when in fact, many of them are quite smart and earn high grades. They actually aspire to seem less intelligent than they really are, as if at some point in their early childhoods, they said, “Someday, I’m going to grow up and look like an idiot!”
    And if anyone recognizes their own behavior in these descriptions, please do not be offended. Instead, look at this as an opportunity to change. We believe in you! Just imagine all the benefits: finally, you won’t feel as if you need to act stupid in order to get attention. No longer will you stay up all night wondering if your popularity is based on a façade of moronic behavior. At last, your classmates will be able to listen to you and respect you for who you really are.
    hanarudolph

Post  hanarudolph Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:00 pm

I meant to delete the inside of the parentheses as well, unless you really want to keep that "and infuriating" part or something. Smile
    derekha

Post  derekha Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:24 am

What is so fascinating about these individuals is that they want to look stupid, when in fact, many of them are quite smart and earn high grades. They actually aspire to seem less intelligent than they really are, as if at some point in their early childhoods, they said, “Someday, I’m going to grow up and look like an idiot!”
    And if anyone recognizes their own behavior in these descriptions, please do not be offended. Instead, look at this as an opportunity to change. We believe in you! Just imagine all the benefits: finally, you won’t feel as if you need to act stupid in order to get attention. No longer will you stay up all night wondering if your popularity is based on a façade of moronic behavior. At last, your classmates will be able to listen to you and respect you for who you really are.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 7:21 am