The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

rough construction draft

JadeShao

rough construction draft Empty rough construction draft

Post  JadeShao Fri May 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Students of Arcadia High School, prepare yourselves to experience the new facelift of the school. From the Science Building, which is opening up next year to the Student Services Center to the Performing Arts Center, Arcadia will be a host of all sorts of new state of the art technology and classroom conveniences. Let’s start off with a brief introduction of the Student Services Center. It provides an entry presence and will be the “front door” to Arcadia High School on Campus Drive. The two story structure will include general and special education classrooms, three computer labs, television studio, graphic design and digital photography classrooms, and the high school’s career center and health, counseling and administrative offices. The brick and glass exterior finishes blend responsibly with other elements of the campus, the community and the budget. Next is the Performing Arts Center which won’t start construction until the District Office on Campus Drive is torn down. There will also be a new District Office, no longer right next door to the high school but will be located tentatively on First Avenue and Bonita. The 40,000 square foot Arcadia High School Performing Arts Center will anchor the campus at the northwest corner. The center will have ground level and mezzanine seating for 1200, a stage which can accommodate 150 musicians and state-of-the art acoustics. The facility will have a small theater and orchestra and dance rooms which will be set off by an internal courtyard. Last but not least, the Science Building which is scheduled to be completed by June, this year and where teachers will be moving into during the summer. The Arcadia High School Science Center will be located on the south side of the campus on Duarte Road. The two-story center includes chemistry labs with preparation areas and collegiate designed biology and physics classrooms separated by lecture rooms. A landscaped pedestrian arrival court will connect to a north to south canopy, defining the spine of the campus. One particular student, junior Jane Liu is especially excited about the Science building as she exclaims, “I love the construction and I really want to thank them because I’m getting free extra credit points for packing chemistry materials in Ms. Young’s AP Chemistry Class.” However, for the seniors who won’t be here next year to enjoy the new buildings and had to deal with all those inconveniences, Mrs. Mynster reasons that “When you guys come and visit me, you’ll be able to see and experience all the new features of the construction.” Other views on this long term project include junior Spencer Huynh who indignantly stated, “Hopefully I will be able to have a class in one of the new building my senior year to somewhat compensate for all this trouble.”

*** I also have a teachers take on construction, its somewhat limited, only a few interesting perspectives, didn’t include it.
    ashleychi

rough construction draft Empty Re: rough construction draft

Post  ashleychi Sat May 15, 2010 9:03 pm

EDIT 1

Students of Arcadia High School [AHS], prepare yourselves to experience the new facelift of the school. From the Science Building, which is opening up next year [delete] to the Student Services Center to the Performing Arts Center, Arcadia will be a host of all sorts of new state of the art technology and classroom conveniences [insert 'next year']. Let’s start off with a brief introduction of the Student Services Center. It provides an entry presence [?] and will be the “front door” to Arcadia High School on Campus Drive. The two story structure will include general and special education classrooms, three computer labs, television studio, graphic design and digital photography classrooms, and the high school’s career center and health, counseling and administrative offices. The brick and glass exterior finishes blend responsibly [word choice] with other elements of the campus, the community and the budget. Next is the Performing Arts Center which won’t start construction until the District Office on Campus Drive is torn down. There will also be a new District Office, no longer right [delete] next door to the high school [replace with 'AHS']but will be located tentatively on First Avenue and Bonita [Avenue? Street? specify]. The 40,000 square foot Arcadia High School [delete] Performing Arts Center will anchor the campus at the northwest corner. The center will have ground level and mezzanine seating for 1200, a stage which can accommodate 150 musicians and state-of-the art acoustics. The facility will have a small theater and orchestra and dance rooms which will be set off by an internal courtyard. Last but not least, the Science Building [insert comma]which is scheduled to be completed by June, this year and where teachers will be moving into during the summer. The Arcadia High School Science Center will be located on the south side of the campus on Duarte Road. The two-story center includes chemistry labs with preparation areas and collegiate designed biology and physics classrooms separated by lecture rooms. A landscaped pedestrian arrival court will connect to a north to south canopy, defining the spine of the campus. One particular student,[delete] junior Jane Liu is especially excited about the Science building as she exclaims, “I love the construction and I really want to thank them because I’m getting free extra credit points for packing chemistry materials in Ms. Young’s AP Chemistry Class.” However, for the seniors who won’t be here next year to enjoy the new buildings and had to deal with all those inconveniences, Mrs. Mynster reasons that “When you guys come and visit me, you’ll be able to see and experience all the new features of the construction.” Other views on this long term project include junior Spencer Huynh who indignantly stated, “Hopefully I will be able to have a class in one of the new building my senior year to somewhat compensate for all this trouble.”
    JadeShao

rough construction draft Empty 2

Post  JadeShao Mon May 17, 2010 11:56 am

Students of AHS, prepare yourselves to experience the new facelift of the school. From the Science Building, to the Student Services Center to the Performing Arts Center, Arcadia will be a host of all sorts of new state of the art technology and classroom conveniences next year. Let’s start off with a brief introduction of the Student Services Center. It provides an entryway and will be the “front door” to Arcadia High School on Campus Drive. The two story structure will include general and special education classrooms, three computer labs, television studio, graphic design and digital photography classrooms, and the high school’s career center and health, counseling and administrative offices. The brick and glass exterior finishes blend well with other elements of the campus, the community and the budget. Next is the Performing Arts Center which won’t start construction until the District Office on Campus Drive is torn down. There will also be a new District Office, no longer next door to AHS but will be located tentatively on First Avenue and Bonita Street. The 40,000 square foot Performing Arts Center will anchor the campus at the northwest corner. The center will have ground level and mezzanine seating for 1200, a stage which can accommodate 150 musicians and state-of-the art acoustics. The facility will have a small theater and orchestra and dance rooms which will be set off by an internal courtyard. Last but not least, the Science Building, which is scheduled to be completed by June, this year and where teachers will be moving into during the summer. The Arcadia High School Science Center will be located on the south side of the campus on Duarte Road. The two-story center includes chemistry labs with preparation areas and collegiate designed biology and physics classrooms separated by lecture rooms. A landscaped pedestrian arrival court will connect to a north to south canopy, defining the spine of the campus. Junior Jane Liu is especially excited about the Science building as she exclaims, “I love the construction and I really want to thank them because I’m getting free extra credit points for packing chemistry materials in Ms. Young’s AP Chemistry Class.” However, for the seniors who won’t be here next year to enjoy the new buildings and had to deal with all those inconveniences, Mrs. Mynster reasons that “When you guys come and visit me, you’ll be able to see and experience all the new features of the construction.” Other views on this long term project include junior Spencer Huynh who indignantly stated, “Hopefully I will be able to have a class in one of the new building my senior year to somewhat compensate for all this trouble.”
    nancyxiao

Post  nancyxiao Tue May 18, 2010 10:39 pm

hi Jade!

This is really great Smile thank you!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 1:11 pm