The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Chicken Now or Later?

theresalee

Chicken Now or Later? Empty Chicken Now or Later?

Post  theresalee Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:22 am

As the school year begins to pick up speed, we all get sucked back into the stressful tornado of sleepless nights, last minute cram sessions, and homework headaches. And what better way to relax those nerves than to spend an afternoon cruising around at our very own Santa Anita Mall?
    Among the many restaurants located in the food court at Westfield, Chicken now is the newest installment, located right next to Johnny Rockets near the far side. The setup is basically the same as all the other stores; small shop front counter to order and pick up food and the shared public tables directly in front. Although this is conveniently positioned among all the other food choices and nearby the mall shops, the openness of Chicken now is accompanied with the usual hustle and bustle of customers.
    Walking by the store, I am immediately called out by an cashier who is giving out free chicken samples. “SAMPLES! Free chicken tenders, better than hamburger, better than McDonalds.” he calls out over and over again to the passersby. And then, I hear something unfamiliar and unrecognizable which sounded like “ta gee.” It took me a few minutes to finally realize that he was speaking a different language. It finally dawned upon me that he was saying “chicken.” In Chinese. For the next hour I watched him shout those same words at the Asian bystanders, who looked as confused and bewildered as I did when I first heard him.
    I quickly scanned through the menu to see what variety of dishes they offered. Items range from chicken tenders to chicken sandwiches and from BLT wraps to Southwest Salads, all of which, I assumed, include some form of chicken chunks. Prices averaged around $5, but a few bucks more for combos and side dishes. The chicken sandwich seemed to be whispering my name so I ordered the regular chicken sandwich combo. Unfortunately, the wait time dragged on longer than I expected and they gave me my entrée about ten minutes after. The service may have been flawed, but the scrumptious meal made up for it entirely. Sandwiched between two perfectly chewy buns (not too puffy, but not too condensed), were two strips of crispy chicken, crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. This perfect “100% all white meat chicken fried in 100% soybean oil in-house” infused with the tangy spring of barbecue and the fresh lettuce and tomato slices exploded into a cuckoo crazy goodness in my mouth. The slightly salted fries complimented the holistic taste of my meal, though they were not anything out of the blue from a fast food restaurant.
    Although the service could have been more professional, the quality of their meals is definitely something to check out! But don’t chicken out because of their queer name, go grab some chicken…NOW!

XOXO, Glutton Girl
    ashleychi

Chicken Now or Later? Empty Re: Chicken Now or Later?

Post  ashleychi Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:17 pm

EDIT 1

As the school year begins to pick up speed, we all get sucked back into the stressful tornado of sleepless nights, last minute cram sessions, and homework headaches. And what better way to relax those nerves than to spend an afternoon cruising around at our very own [replace with 'the'] Santa Anita Mall?
    Among the many restaurants located in the food court at Westfield, Chicken now [it's 'NOW'] is the newest installment, located right next to Johnny Rockets near the far side [delete]. The setup is basically the same as all the other stores [replace with 'restaurants']; [replace with colon] small shop front counter to order and pick up food and the shared public tables directly in front. Although this is conveniently positioned among all the other food choices and nearby the mall shops, the openness of Chicken now [NOW] is accompanied with the usual hustle and bustle of customers.
    Walking by the store [restaurant], I am immediately called out by an [a] cashier who is giving out free chicken samples. “SAMPLES! Free chicken tenders, better than hamburger, better than McDonalds.” [McDonalds,"] he calls out over and over again to the passersby. And then, [change to 'After a while,'] I hear something unfamiliar and unrecognizable which sounded [sounds] like “ta gee.” It took me a few minutes to finally realize that he was speaking a different language. [rewrite to: "It takes me a few minutes to realize that he is saying the word 'chicken' in a different language, Chinese."] It finally dawned upon me that he was saying “chicken.” In Chinese. [delete] For the next hour I watched him shout those same words at the [delete] Asian bystanders, who looked as confused and bewildered as I did when I first heard him.
    I quickly scanned [scan] through [delete]the menu to see what variety [replace with 'types of'] of dishes they offered. Items range from chicken tenders to chicken sandwiches and from BLT wraps to Southwest Salads, all of which, I assumed [assume] , include some form of chicken chunks. Prices averaged [average] around $5, but a few bucks more for combos and side dishes. The chicken sandwich seemed to be whispering my name [insert comma] so I ordered the regular chicken sandwich combo. Unfortunately, the wait time dragged on longer than I expected and they gave me my entrée about ten minutes after. The service may have been flawed, but the scrumptious meal made up for it entirely. Sandwiched between two perfectly chewy buns (not too puffy, but not too condensed), were two strips of crispy chicken, crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. This perfect “100% all white meat chicken fried in 100% soybean oil in-house” infused with the tangy spring of barbecue and the fresh lettuce and tomato slices exploded into a cuckoo crazy goodness in my mouth. The slightly salted fries complimented the holistic taste of my meal, though they were not anything out of the blue from a fast food restaurant.
    Although the service could have been more professional, the quality of their meals is definitely something to check out! But don’t chicken out because of their queer name [a bit awkward?], go grab some chicken…NOW!

XOXO, Glutton Girl

**note from copy-editor: I changed all the verbs to present tense, because that's how the article started out.**
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:08 am

As the school year begins to pick up speed, we all get sucked back into the stressful tornado of sleepless nights, last minute cram sessions, and homework headaches. And what better way to relax those nerves than to spend an afternoon cruising around at the Santa Anita Mall?
    Among the many restaurants located in the food court at Westfield, Chicken NOW is the newest installment, located right next to Johnny Rockets. The setup is basically the same as all the other restaurants: small shop front counter to order and pick up food and the shared public tables directly in front. Although this is conveniently positioned among all the other food choices and nearby the mall shops, the openness of Chicken NOW is accompanied with the usual hustle and bustle of customers.
    Walking by the restaurant, I am immediately called out by a cashier who is giving out free chicken samples. “SAMPLES! Free chicken tenders, better than hamburger, better than McDonalds,” he calls out over and over again to the passersby. After awhile, I hear something unfamiliar and unrecognizable which sounds like “ta gee.” It takes me a few minutes to realize that he is saying the word 'chicken' in a different language, Chinese. For the next hour I watched him shout those same words at the Asian bystanders, who looked as confused and bewildered as I did when I first heard him.
    Aside from the entertaining employee, I quickly scan the menu to see what types of dishes they offered. Items range from chicken tenders to chicken sandwiches and from BLT wraps to Southwest Salads, all of which, I assume, include some form of chicken chunks. Prices average around $5, but a few bucks more for combos and side dishes. The chicken sandwich seemed to be whispering my name, so I ordered the regular chicken sandwich combo. Unfortunately, the wait time dragged on longer than I expected and they gave me my entrée about ten minutes after. The service may have been flawed, but the scrumptious meal made up for it entirely. Sandwiched between two perfectly chewy buns (not too puffy, but not too condensed), were two strips of crispy chicken, crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. This perfect “100% all white meat chicken fried in 100% soybean oil in-house” infused with the tangy spring of barbecue and the fresh lettuce and tomato slices exploded into a cuckoo crazy goodness in my mouth. The slightly salted fries complimented the holistic taste of my meal, though they were not anything out of the blue from a fast food restaurant.
    Although the service could have been more professional, the quality of their meals is definitely worth it! Don’t chicken out on a fabulous meal, go grab some chicken…NOW!

XOXO, Glutton Girl
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:11 pm

EDIT 2

As the school year begins to pick up speed, we all get sucked back into the stressful tornado of sleepless nights, last minute cram sessions, and homework headaches. And what better way to relax those nerves than to spend an afternoon cruising around at the Santa Anita Mall?
    Among the many restaurants located in the food court at Westfield, Chicken NOW is the newest installment, located right [delete] next to Johnny Rockets. The setup is basically the same as all the other restaurants: small shop front counter [do you mean small shop counter or small front counter or something else?] to order and pick up food and the shared [delete] public tables directly in front. Although[delete] this [replace with 'Chicken NOW'] is conveniently positioned among all the other food choices [replace with 'restaurants'] and nearby the mall shops, [insert 'so'] the openness of Chicken NOW [replace with 'the restaurant'] is accompanied with [replace with 'by'] the usual hustle and bustle of customers.
    Walking by the restaurant, I am immediately called out by a cashier who is giving out free chicken samples. “SAMPLES! Free chicken tenders, better than hamburger, better than McDonalds,” he calls out over and over again to the passersby. After awhile, I hear something unfamiliar and unrecognizable which sounds like “ta gee.” It takes me a few minutes to realize that he is saying the word 'chicken' in a different language, Chinese. For the next hour I watched [watch] him shout those same words at the Asian bystanders, who looked as confused and bewildered as I did when I first heard him.
    Aside from the entertaining employee, I quickly scan the menu to see what types of dishes they offered. Items range from chicken tenders to chicken sandwiches and from BLT wraps to Southwest Salads, all of which, I assume, include some form of chicken chunks [delete]. Prices average around $5, but a few bucks more for combos and side dishes. [rewrite, run-on] The chicken sandwich seemed to be whispering my name, so I ordered the regular chicken sandwich combo. Unfortunately, the wait time dragged on longer than I expected and they gave me my entrée about ten minutes after. The service may have been flawed, but the scrumptious meal made up for it entirely. Sandwiched between two perfectly chewy buns (not too puffy, but not too condensed), were two strips of crispy chicken, crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. This perfect “100% all white meat chicken fried in 100% soybean oil in-house” infused with the tangy spring of barbecue and the [delete] fresh lettuce and tomato slices exploded into a cuckoo crazy goodness in my mouth. The slightly salted fries complimented the holistic taste of my meal, though they were not anything out of the blue from a fast food restaurant.
    Although the service could have been more professional, the quality of their meals is definitely worth it! Don’t chicken out on a fabulous meal, go grab some chicken…NOW!

XOXO, Glutton Girl
    theresalee

Post  theresalee Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:49 am

Among the many restaurants located in the food court at Westfield, Chicken NOW is the newest installment, located next to Johnny Rockets. The setup is basically the same as all the other restaurants: small shop counter to order and pick up food and public tables directly in front. Chicken NOW is conveniently positioned among all the other restaurants and nearby the mall shops, so the openness of Chicken NOW is accompanied by the usual hustle and bustle of customers.
    Walking by the restaurant, I am immediately called out by a cashier who is giving out free chicken samples. “SAMPLES! Free chicken tenders, better than hamburger, better than McDonalds,” he calls out over and over again to the passersby. After awhile, I hear something unfamiliar and unrecognizable which sounds like “ta gee.” It takes me a few minutes to realize that he is saying the word 'chicken' in a different language, Chinese. For the next hour I watch him shout those same words at the Asian bystanders, who looked as confused and bewildered as I did when I first heard him.
    Aside from the entertaining employee, I quickly scan the menu to see what types of dishes they offered. Items range from chicken tenders to chicken sandwiches and from BLT wraps to Southwest Salads, all of which, I assume, include some form of chicken. Prices average around $5, but it costs a few bucks more for combos and side dishes. The chicken sandwich seemed to be whispering my name, so I ordered the regular chicken sandwich combo. Unfortunately, the wait time dragged on longer than I expected and they gave me my entrée about ten minutes after. The service may have been flawed, but the scrumptious meal made up for it entirely. Sandwiched between two perfectly chewy buns (not too puffy, but not too condensed), were two strips of crispy chicken, crunchy on the outside and moist and tender on the inside. This perfect “100% all white meat chicken fried in 100% soybean oil in-house” infused with the tangy spring of barbecue and fresh lettuce and tomato slices exploded into a cuckoo crazy goodness in my mouth. The slightly salted fries complimented the holistic taste of my meal, though they were not anything out of the blue from a fast food restaurant.

XOXO, Glutton Girl

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content