The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

10 words - School (shadow)

Joanna Liao

10 words - School (shadow) Empty 10 words - School (shadow)

Post  Joanna Liao Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:45 pm

10 Words

Homework: Agonizing and time-consuming labor given by teachers in attempt to further educate your (already) fried and overused brain.

Golf carts: Death vehicle, most cases carrying the extremely overworked and definitely overpaid deans. Often this automobile carries poor, tardy student-victims that spent the night diligently cramming for an exam.

Students: Poor victims of the law, forced to sit through the joyous process of being enlightened.

Classroom: A beautiful sanctuary for the underprivileged and uneducated. This is the wonderful place where all tests, quizzes, and homework will be given. (Typically contains an air conditioner on full blast).

D Hall: A densely populated route that is notorious as the epicenter of the invasion of personal space. This hallway is generally a serene, open walkway during class hours. If you are ever wandering the halls while classes are still in session, take the opportunity to stop by D Hall to experience the spacious tranquility and breathe in the stillness of the air.

Rolling backpacks: An endangered backpack species, uncommon to be seen used at AHS. Highly misunderstood baggage, its wheels on the bottom make rolling heavy books a simple task. Unfortunately due to outrageous trends, students prefer stunting their growth by carrying all their weighty belongings on their back.

P-J Commute: A harsh and difficult test of agility, challenging all students blessed with this classroom combination in their daring schedule. (Hint: Try to avoid D-Hall; speed walking or jogging is recommended).

Extra credit: A small reminder that confirms the fact that teachers have hearts.

Gum: A gummy substance sneakily chewed in attempt to conceal the course of action from teachers, found typically under the desks or on the floors in many classrooms.

Astroturf: Small, black pieces of plastic that aimlessly slip into your shoes and socks by the hundreds. Usually this process goes without notice, then afterward infuriatingly found scattered inside your house.
    debbiejong

10 words - School (shadow) Empty Re: 10 words - School (shadow)

Post  debbiejong Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:23 am

EDIT 1

10 Words

Homework: Agonizing and time-consuming labor given by teachers in attempt to further educate your (already) fried and overused brain.

Golf carts [make singular since you describe it in singular]: Death vehicle, most cases [change to "usually"] carrying the extremely overworked and definitely overpaid [change wording because deans may be offended] deans. Often this automobile carries poor, tardy student-victims that [change to "who"] spent the night diligently cramming for an exam.

Students: Poor victims of the law, forced to sit through the joyous process of being enlightened.

Classroom: A beautiful sanctuary for the underprivileged and uneducated. This is the wonderful place where all tests, quizzes, and homework will be [change to present tense, "are"] given. (Typically contains an air conditioner on full blast).

D Hall [change to "D-Hall"]: A densely populated route that is notorious as the epicenter of the invasion of personal space. This hallway is generally a serene, open walkway during class hours. If you are ever wandering the halls while classes are still in session, take the opportunity to stop by D Hall [change to "D-Hall"] to experience the spacious tranquility and breathe in the stillness of the air.

Rolling backpacks: An endangered backpack species, uncommon to be seen used at AHS. Highly misunderstood baggage, its wheels on the bottom make rolling heavy books a simple task. Unfortunately[,] due to outrageous trends, students prefer stunting their growth by carrying all their weighty belongings on their back.

P-J Commute: A harsh and difficult test of agility, challenging all students blessed with this classroom combination in their daring schedule. (Hint: Try to avoid D-Hall; speed walking or jogging is recommended.)

Extra credit: A small reminder that confirms the fact that teachers have hearts.

Gum: A gummy substance sneakily chewed in attempt to conceal the course of action from teachers, found typically under the desks or on the floors in many classrooms.

Astroturf: Small, black pieces of plastic that aimlessly slip into your shoes and socks by the hundreds. Usually this process goes without notice, then afterward infuriatingly found scattered inside your house [change to "but later you find them infuriatingly scattered around your house"].
    Joanna Liao

10 words - School (shadow) Empty 10 words (shadow) REDONE

Post  Joanna Liao Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:34 pm

10 Words

Clomework: Agonizing and time-consuming labor given by teachers in attempt to further educate your (already) fried and overused brain. Usually supposed to be done at home, but often finished during class time.
    “The teacher caught Mary doing her clomework when she was supposed to be working on a project.”

Glart: Death vehicle, usually carrying the extremely overworked and exhausted deans. Just like a golf cart but never seen used for golf. Often this automobile carries poor, tardy student-victims who spent the night diligently cramming for an exam.
    “I was on crutches due to my leg injury and when I was slowly walking to class, a glart almost ran me over.”

Vicdents: Poor victims of the law, forced to sit through the joyous process of being enlightened.
    “When I saw all the nerdy vicdents in the school, I immediately decided not to apply there.

Sassroom: A beautiful sanctuary for the underprivileged and uneducated. This is the wonderful place where all tests, quizzes, sass, and homework are given. (Typically contains an air conditioner on full blast).
    “Detention is held in a classroom.
    “When the bell rang I went to my first period sassroom to get a good seat but all the good seats were taken and people were sassing each other in protest.”

D Hell: A densely populated route that is notorious as the epicenter of the invasion of personal space. This hallway is generally a serene, open walkway during class hours. If you are ever wandering the halls while classes are still in session, take the opportunity to stop by D Hell to experience the spacious tranquility and breathe in the stillness of the air.
    “After walking through D Hell, I realized my wallet was missing.”

Rollpacks: An endangered backpack species, uncommon to be seen used at AHS. Highly misunderstood baggage, its wheels on the bottom make rolling heavy books a simple task. Unfortunately, due to outrageous trends, students prefer stunting their growth by carrying all their weighty belongings on their back.
    “Mother! I don’t want a rollpack for school, no one uses them anymore.”

PTOJ: (pee-toh-juh) P to J commute. A harsh and difficult test of agility, challenging all students blessed with this classroom combination in their daring schedule. (Hint: Try to avoid D-Hell; speed walking or jogging is recommended).
    “My PTOJ often involves stealing a golf cart and running over a few slow students”

Credextra: A small reminder that confirms the fact that teachers have hearts. Also known as extra credit.
    “That is the most big-hearted teacher on campus because he gives so much credextra.”

Gack: A gummy substance sneakily chewed in attempt to conceal the course of action from teachers, found typically under the desks or on the floors in many classrooms. When accidentally touched, people normally say the word “Gack!”
    “I accidentally put my hand under the desk and when I got my hand out of the mess it was full of gack.”

Plastoturf: Small, black pieces of plastic that aimlessly slip into your shoes and socks by the hundreds. Usually this process goes without notice, but later you find them infuriatingly scattered around your house.
    “Our lawn is flooded with plastoturf up to the point where it looks like the football field.”
    jennylin

Post  jennylin Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:28 pm

LMFAOOOOOO BETTER. I LIKE IT (:
    debbiejong

Post  debbiejong Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:06 pm

EDIT 2

10 Words

Clomework: Agonizing and time-consuming labor given by teachers in [an] attempt to further educate your (already) fried and overused brain. Usually supposed to be done at home, but often finished during class time.
    “The teacher caught Mary doing her clomework when she was supposed to be working on a project.”

Glart: Death vehicle, usually carrying the extremely overworked and exhausted deans. Just like a golf cart but never seen used for golf. Often this automobile carries poor, tardy student-victims who spent the night [before] diligently cramming for an exam.
    “I was on crutches due to my leg injury and when I was slowly walking to class, a glart almost ran me over.”

Vicdents: Poor victims of the law, forced to sit through the joyous process of being enlightened.
    “When I saw all the nerdy vicdents in the school, I immediately decided not to apply there.["]

Sassroom: A beautiful sanctuary for the underprivileged and uneducated. This is the wonderful place where all tests, quizzes, sass, and homework are given. (Typically contains an air conditioner on full blast).
    “Detention is held in a classroom. {<--what's this part for?]
    “When the bell rang[,] I went to my first period sassroom to get a good seat but all the good seats were taken and people were sassing each other in protest.”

D-Hell: A densely[-]populated route that is notorious as the epicenter of the invasion of personal space. This hallway is generally a serene, open walkway during class hours. If you are ever wandering the halls while classes are still in session, take the opportunity to stop by D-Hell to experience the spacious tranquility and breathe in the stillness of the air.
    “After walking through D-Hell, I realized my wallet was missing.”

Rollpacks: An endangered backpack species, uncommon to be seen used at AHS. Highly misunderstood baggage, its wheels on the bottom make rolling heavy books a simple task. Unfortunately, due to outrageous trends, students prefer stunting their growth by carrying all their weighty belongings on their back.
    “Mother! I don’t want a rollpack for school[;] no one uses them anymore.”

PTOJ: (pee-toh-juh) P to J commute. A harsh and difficult test of agility, challenging all students blessed with this classroom combination in their daring schedule. (Hint: Try to avoid D-Hell; speed walking or jogging is recommended).
    “My PTOJ often involves stealing a golf cart and running over a few slow students[.]

Credextra: A small reminder that confirms the fact that teachers have hearts. Also known as extra credit.
    “That is the most big-hearted teacher on campus because he gives so much credextra.”

Gack: A gummy substance sneakily chewed in attempt to conceal the course of action from teachers, found typically under the desks or on the floors in many classrooms. When accidentally touched, people normally say the word “Gack!”
    “I accidentally put my hand under the desk and when I got my hand out of the mess it was full of gack.”

Plastoturf: Small, black pieces of plastic that aimlessly slip into your shoes and socks by the hundreds. Usually this process goes without notice, but later you find them infuriatingly scattered around your house.
    “Our lawn is flooded with plastoturf up to the point where it looks like the football field.”
    Joanna Liao

10 words - School (shadow) Empty 10 words #3

Post  Joanna Liao Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:33 pm

10 Words

Since we’re all sure that everyone’s been diligently “studying” their vocabulary over the summer, here is a mere ten extra words we think is essential for you to know for a better education at AHS.

Clomework: Agonizing and time-consuming labor given by teachers in an attempt to further educate your (already) fried and overused brain. Usually supposed to be done at home, but often finished during class time.

Glart: Death vehicle, usually carrying the extremely overworked and exhausted deans. Just like a golf cart but never seen used for golf. Often this automobile carries poor, tardy student-victims who spent the night before diligently cramming for an exam.

“When I saw all the nerdy vicdents in the school, I immediately decided not to apply there."

“When the bell rang, I went to my first period sassroom to get a good seat but all the good seats were taken and people were sassing each other in protest.”

D-Hell: A densely-populated route that is notorious as the epicenter of the invasion of personal space. This hallway is generally a serene, open walkway during class hours. If you are ever wandering the halls while classes are still in session, take the opportunity to stop by D-Hell to experience the spacious tranquility and breathe in the stillness of the air.
    “After walking through D-Hell, I realized my wallet was missing.”

“Mother! I don’t want a rollpack for school; no one uses them anymore.”

“My PTOJ often involves stealing a golf cart and running over a few slow students.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:22 pm