The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

10 words (shadow)

Joanna Liao

10 words (shadow) Empty 10 words (shadow)

Post  Joanna Liao Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Christmas 10 words

1. Fruit cake: A mistreated, delectable, scrumptious piece of heaven typically wrapped in tin foil and passed around … and around and around. This fruity baked good is filled with tons of awesome nutritional value due to the various fruits and nuts.
    “I cried when I found out my boyfriend gave me fruitcake, but when I tasted it, it was really good.”

2. Coal: The gift that a generous man named Santa gives to the naughty kids.
    “Sally immediately regretted bashing in her teachers car windows the day before Christmas after she woke up and saw a pile of coal in her stocking.”

3. Giftcardrescue.com: Say goodbye to useless gift cards that you don’t want or need. This is a website that allows useless gift card holders to exchange a gift card for another or sell them for cash.
    “The vegetarian boy was devastated when he was given a gift card to Mike’s Meat Mania, but he quickly traded it for a Tofu Palace gift card.”

4. Trastic: Plastic fake Christmas trees that are put up every Christmas and sprayed with the scent of oak and pine and decorated as if it were real, then taken apart and put away in the dark attic for another year. A good reason for these is to be used is due to the winter homework assigned in the various several classes, therefore there is less time to actually buy or chop down a real tree. This is the AHS Apache holiday spirit!
    “Since those kids live in the desert, they decided it would be better to buy a nice reusable trastic instead of a real tree.”

5. Santa Clause: An excessively jolly and overweight man who works one day a year. With a BMI probably far past the overweight section, this cookie and milk loving man doesn’t have time to shave his massive beard due to his work. Passing out gifts to every good child in the whole world, this happy old man needs not one, not two, but twelve whole reindeer to pull his sleigh.
    “Santa Clause was eating another gingerbread cookie when his belt buckle popped.”

6. Rednoseosis: The terrible disease that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer caught during his stay at tinsel town. Santa, being as jolly and nice as he is, was forced to compliment the abnormally glowing nose and kindly let the horse with antlers lead the pack while he delivered presents. So Rudolph wouldn’t feel bad, Santa even had his elves write a catchy children’s song about how brave and helpful the reindeer was.
    “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer transmitted Rednoseosis to his children so they could keep the red nose tradition going.”

7. Eggnog: A delicious and protein filled yet vomit inducing blend of raw eggs, sugar, and milk. When ignorantly drank in excess, this festive and blissful fluid will turn a joyful and merry holiday event into a horrible and repulsive night of upchucking.
    “After drinking three cups of eggnog and realizing there were at least five or six raw eggs in the festive drink, Mary ran to the bathroom… and stayed there.”

8. Whooper: When a small, innocent, cheerful, and curious child sneakily hears Santa setting presents under the tree or stockings and tiptoes all the way to the living room to find out that Santa is merely a myth and their parents have been lying to them for all the how many years they’ve lived.
    “My little brother experienced his first Whopper Christmas night, when he got up for a glass of water and witnessed our daddy silently but conspicuously putting gifts under the tree boldly and clearly labeled ‘From Santa’.”

9. Santa’s theme song: Songs sang annually to bring joy and x-mas spirit to the hearts of many. When sang during the holiday, people cheer and listen respectfully. When sang outside the holiday season, people listen in disgust and the carolers are sadly booed upon.
    “All December long, Santa’s theme song is played on the TV, the radio, and even sung by young elementary school children.”

10. x-mas-lighting-mania: A ridiculous array of dangly little lights all over roofs with a carefully arranged course of waving Santa’s, sick reindeers, outrageously dressed snowmen, and boxes of glowing and luminous gifts. Not only does this little light show get constant praises of ooh’s and ah’s, it can also cause car accidents all over. Once the lights are plugged in, cars driving in the dark with only streetlights and headlights to light the way are suddenly surprised with 100 watts of blaring white light dangerously blinding drivers and causing them to crash into nearby cars and young children.
    “5th Avenue decided to see which household would be struck the most with x-mas-lighting-mania by having a contest on seeing who would put up the most lights, ornaments, and decorations around their houses.”
    jennylin

10 words (shadow) Empty Re: 10 words (shadow)

Post  jennylin Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:05 am

You need an intro too.

Replace Giftcardrescue.com, we can't advertise companies that don't purchase ads from us. Also, replace Fruit Cake and Eggnog because having food as a vocabulary seems too much Features-like.
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:22 pm

With the holidays coming around so soon, all the fun and games during winter break will surely bore some of those overactive, ready-to-learn brain cells. To prevent that from happening, here’s some Holiday influenced vocabulary to keep you busy and learning.

1. Fruit cake: A mistreated, delectable, scrumptious piece of heaven typically wrapped in tin foil and passed around … and around and around. This fruity baked good is filled with tons of awesome nutritional value due to the various fruits and nuts.
    “I cried when I found out my boyfriend gave me fruitcake, but when I tasted it, it was really good.”

“Sally immediately regretted bashing in her teachers car windows the day before Christmas after she woke up and saw a pile of coal in her stocking.”

3. x-masscre – A sad, miserable, disappointing, and lonely Christmas. No gifts, no Santa, no snow, no good sales… nothing. Thus, the feelings from this holiday are compared to the reactions of a massacre.
    “Last year, I suffered through an x-masscre because not only did my ex-fiancé decide not to marry me anymore, my house burned down and I lost everything.”

4. Trastic: Plastic fake Christmas trees that are put up every Christmas and sprayed with the scent of oak and pine and decorated as if it were real, then taken apart and put away in the dark attic for another year. A good reason for these is to be used is due to the winter homework assigned in the various several classes, therefore there is less time to actually buy or chop down a real tree. This is the AHS Apache holiday spirit!
    “Since those kids live in the desert, they decided it would be better to buy a nice reusable trastic instead of a real tree.”

5. Santa Clause: An excessively jolly and overweight man who works one day a year. With a BMI probably far past the overweight section, this cookie and milk loving man doesn’t have time to shave his massive beard due to his work. Passing out gifts to every good child in the whole world, this happy old man needs not one, not two, but twelve whole reindeer to pull his sleigh.
    “Santa Clause was eating another gingerbread cookie when his belt buckle popped.”

6. Rednoseosis: The terrible disease that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer caught during his stay at tinsel town. Santa, being as jolly and nice as he is, was forced to compliment the abnormally glowing nose and kindly let the horse with antlers lead the pack while he delivered presents. So Rudolph wouldn’t feel bad, Santa even had his elves write a catchy children’s song about how brave and helpful the reindeer was.
    “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer transmitted Rednoseosis to his children so they could keep the red nose tradition going.”

7. Eggnog: A delicious and protein filled yet vomit inducing blend of raw eggs, sugar, and milk. When ignorantly drank in excess, this festive and blissful fluid will turn a joyful and merry holiday event into a horrible and repulsive night of upchucking.
    “After drinking three cups of eggnog and realizing there were at least five or six raw eggs in the festive drink, Mary ran to the bathroom… and stayed there.”

8. Whooper: When a small, innocent, cheerful, and curious child sneakily hears Santa setting presents under the tree or stockings and tiptoes all the way to the living room to find out that Santa is merely a myth and their parents have been lying to them for all the how many years they’ve lived.
    “My little brother experienced his first Whopper Christmas night, when he got up for a glass of water and witnessed our daddy silently but conspicuously putting gifts under the tree boldly and clearly labeled ‘From Santa’.”

9. Santa’s theme song: Songs sang annually to bring joy and x-mas spirit to the hearts of many. When sang during the holiday, people cheer and listen respectfully. When sang outside the holiday season, people listen in disgust and the carolers are sadly booed upon.
    “All December long, Santa’s theme song is played on the TV, the radio, and even sung by young elementary school children.”

10. x-mas-lighting-mania: A ridiculous array of dangly little lights all over roofs with a carefully arranged course of waving Santa’s, sick reindeers, outrageously dressed snowmen, and boxes of glowing and luminous gifts. Not only does this little light show get constant praises of ooh’s and ah’s, it can also cause car accidents all over. Once the lights are plugged in, cars driving in the dark with only streetlights and headlights to light the way are suddenly surprised with 100 watts of blaring white light dangerously blinding drivers and causing them to crash into nearby cars and young children.
    “5th Avenue decided to see which household would be struck the most with x-mas-lighting-mania by having a contest on seeing who would put up the most lights, ornaments, and decorations around their houses.”
    lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:56 pm

“I cried when I found out my boyfriend gave me fruitcake[is it one or two words?], but when I tasted it, it was really good.”

3. Giftcardrescue.com: Say goodbye to useless gift cards that you don’t want or need. This is a website that allows useless gift card holders to exchange a gift card for another or sell them for cash.
    “The vegetarian boy was devastated when he was given a gift card to Mike’s Meat Mania, but he quickly traded it for a Tofu Palace gift card.”

4. Trastic: Plastic fake Christmas trees that are put up every Christmas and sprayed with the scent of oak and pine and decorated as if it were real, then taken apart and put away in the dark attic for another year. A good reason for these is [delete is] to be used is due to the winter homework assigned in the various several [use one or the other, several is better and delete "the"] classes, therefore there is less time to actually buy or chop down a real tree. This is the AHS Apache holiday spirit!

6. Rednoseosis: The terrible disease that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer caught during his stay at tinsel town [should this be capitalized?]. Santa, being as jolly and nice as he is, was forced to compliment the abnormally glowing nose and kindly let the horse with antlers[ a horse with antlers is basically a deer. so maybe say the flying deer.] lead the pack while he delivered presents. So Rudolph wouldn’t feel bad, Santa even had his elves write a catchy children’s song about how brave and helpful the reindeer was.

7. Eggnog: A delicious and protein filled yet vomit inducing blend of raw eggs, sugar, and milk. When ignorantly drank[doesnt work] in excess, this festive and blissful fluid will turn a joyful and merry holiday event into a horrible and repulsive night of upchucking.

8. Whooper: When a small, innocent, cheerful, and curious child sneakily hears Santa setting presents under the tree or stockings and tiptoes all the way to the living room to find out that Santa is merely a myth and their parents have been lying to them for all the how many years they’ve lived [run on]. “My little brother experienced his first Whopper[ is it two p's and one o or two o's and one p?] Christmas night,[delete comma] when he got up for a glass of water and witnessed our daddy silently[,] but conspicuously[,] putting gifts under the tree boldly and clearly labeled ‘From Santa’.”

9. Santa’s theme song: Songs sang annually to bring joy and x-mas [X-mas or put Christmas] spirit to the hearts of many. When sang during the holiday, people cheer and listen respectfully. When sang outside the holiday season, people listen in disgust and the carolers are sadly booed upon.

lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:58 pm

sorry! i didnt see the last post without the giftcard one and with the intro! nothing is wrong with either one though so you're fine. just make sure you copy and paste those two in the one i just copy edited for you.
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:29 pm

With the holidays coming around so soon, all the fun and games during winter break will surely bore some of those overactive, ready-to-learn brain cells. To prevent that from happening, here’s some Holiday influenced vocabulary to keep you busy and learning.

1. Fruitcake: A mistreated, delectable, scrumptious piece of heaven typically wrapped in tin foil and passed around … and around and around. This fruity baked good is filled with tons of awesome nutritional value due to the various fruits and nuts.

3. X-masscre – A sad, miserable, disappointing, and lonely Christmas. No gifts, no Santa, no snow, no good sales… nothing. Thus, the feelings from this holiday are compared to the reactions of a massacre.
    “Last year, I suffered through an X-masscre because not only did my ex-fiancé decide not to marry me anymore, my house burned down and I lost everything.”

4. Trastic: Plastic fake Christmas trees that are put up every Christmas and sprayed with the scent of oak and pine and decorated as if it were real, then taken apart and put away in the dark attic for another year. A good reason for these to be used is due to the winter homework assigned in several classes, therefore there is less time to actually buy or chop down a real tree. This is the AHS Apache holiday spirit!

6. Rednoseosis: The terrible disease that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer caught during his stay at Tinsel Town. Santa, being as jolly and nice as he is, was forced to compliment the abnormally glowing nose and kindly let the airborne horse with antlers lead the pack while he delivered presents. So Rudolph wouldn’t feel bad, Santa even had his elves write a catchy children’s song about how brave and helpful the reindeer was.

7. Eggnog: A delicious and protein filled yet vomit inducing blend of raw eggs, sugar, and milk. When ignorantly consumed in excess, this festive and blissful fluid will turn a joyful and merry holiday event into a horrible and repulsive night of upchucking.

8. Whopper: When a small, innocent, cheerful, and curious child tiptoes to the living room because they heard Santa setting presents under the tree or stockings. Afterwards they see a dark Santa-like figure only to find out that Santa is merely a myth and their parents have been lying to them for all the how many years they’ve lived.
    “My little brother experienced his first Whopper Christmas night when he got up for a glass of water and witnessed our daddy silently, but conspicuously, putting gifts under the tree boldly and clearly labeled ‘From Santa’.”

9. Santa’s theme song: Songs sang annually to bring joy and X-mas spirit to the hearts of many. When sang during the holiday, people cheer and listen respectfully. When sang outside the holiday season, people listen in disgust and the carolers are sadly booed upon.

lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:53 pm

1. Fruitcake: A mistreated, delectable, scrumptious piece of heaven typically wrapped in tin foil and passed around … and around and around. This fruity baked good is filled with tons of awesome nutritional value due to the various fruits and nuts.

3. X-masscre – A sad, miserable, disappointing, and lonely Christmas. No gifts, no Santa, no snow, no good sales… nothing. Thus, the feelings from this holiday are compared to the reactions of a massacre.
    “Last year, I suffered through an X-masscre because not only did my ex-fiancé decide not to marry me anymore, my house burned down and I lost everything.”

4. Trastic:Plastic fake [say either plastic or fake. they both mean the same thing when talking about the context]Christmas trees that are put up every Christmas and sprayed with the scent of oak and pine and decorated as if it were real, then taken apart and put away in the dark attic for another year. A good reason for these to be used is due to the winter homework assigned in several classes, therefore there is less time to actually buy or chop down a real tree. This is the AHS Apache holiday spirit!

5. Santa Clause [Santa Claus] : An excessively jolly and overweight man who works one day a year. With a BMI probably far past the overweight section, this cookie and milk loving man doesn’t have time to shave his massive beard due to his work. Passing out gifts to every good child in the whole world, this happy old man needs not one, not two, but twelve whole reindeer to pull his sleigh.
    Santa Clause [Santa Claus] was eating another gingerbread cookie when his belt buckle popped.”

6. Rednoseosis: The terrible disease that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer caught during his stay at Tinsel Town. Santa, being as jolly and nice as he is, was forced to compliment [?] the abnormally glowing nose and kindly let the airborne horse with antlers lead the pack while he delivered presents. So Rudolph wouldn’t feel bad, Santa even had his elves write a catchy children’s song about how brave and helpful the reindeer was.

7. Eggnog: A delicious and protein filled yet vomit inducing blend of raw eggs, sugar, and milk. When ignorantly consumed in excess, this festive and blissful fluid will turn a joyful and merry holiday event into a horrible and repulsive night of upchucking.

8. Whopper: When a small, innocent, cheerful, and curious child tiptoes to the living room because they heard Santa setting presents under the tree or stockings. Afterwards they see a dark Santa-like figure only to find out that Santa is merely a myth and their parents have been lying to them for all the how many years they’ve lived.
    “My little brother experienced his first Whopper Christmas night when he got up for a glass of water and witnessed our daddy silently, but conspicuously, putting gifts under the tree boldly and clearly labeled ‘From Santa’.”

9. Santa’s theme song: Songs sang annually to bring joy and X-mas spirit to the hearts of many. When sang during the holiday, people cheer and listen respectfully. When sang outside the holiday season, people listen in disgust and the carolers are sadly booed upon.
    “All December long, Santa’s theme song is played on the TV, the radio, and even sung by young elementary school children [students] .”

10. x[X] -mas-lighting-mania: A ridiculous array of dangly little lights all over roofs with a carefully arranged course of waving Santa’s, sick reindeers[reindeer, plural on its own] , outrageously dressed snowmen, and boxes of glowing and luminous gifts. Not only does this little light show get constant praises of ooh’s and ah’s, it can also cause car accidents all over. Once the lights are plugged in, cars driving in the dark with only streetlights and headlights to light the way are suddenly surprised with 100 watts of blaring white light dangerously blinding drivers and causing them to crash into nearby cars and young children. [the beginning is good, but this part is kind of a let down...]
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:03 am

4. Trastic:Plastic Christmas trees that are put up every Christmas and sprayed with the scent of oak and pine and decorated as if it were real, then taken apart and put away in the dark attic for another year. A good reason for these to be used is due to the winter homework assigned in several classes, therefore there is less time to actually buy or chop down a real tree. This is the AHS Apache holiday spirit!

5. Santa Claus: An excessively jolly and overweight man who works one day a year. With a BMI probably far past the overweight section, this cookie and milk loving man doesn’t have time to shave his massive beard due to his work. Passing out gifts to every good child in the whole world, this happy old man needs not one, not two, but twelve whole reindeer to pull his sleigh.
    “Santa Claus was eating another gingerbread cookie when his belt buckle popped.”

6. Rednoseosis: The terrible disease that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer caught during his stay at Tinsel Town. Santa, being as jolly and nice as he is, was forced to compliment [?] the abnormally glowing nose and kindly let the airborne horse with antlers lead the pack while he delivered presents. So Rudolph wouldn’t feel bad, Santa even had his elves write a catchy children’s song about how brave and helpful the reindeer was.

“All December long, Santa’s theme song is played on the TV, the radio, and even sung by young elementary school students.”

10. X -mas-lighting-mania: A ridiculous array of dangly little lights all over roofs with a carefully arranged course of waving Santa’s, sick reindeer, outrageously dressed snowmen, and boxes of glowing and luminous gifts. Not only does this little light show get constant praises of ooh’s and ah’s, it can also cause car accidents all over. Once the lights are plugged in, cars driving in the dark with only streetlights and headlights to light the way are suddenly surprised with 100 watts of blaring white light dangerously blinding drivers and causing them to crash into nearby cars and young children.
    lenakalemkiarian

Post  lenakalemkiarian Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:14 pm

4. Trastic:[space]Plastic Christmas trees that are put up every Christmas and sprayed with the scent of oak and pine and decorated as if it were real, then taken apart and put away in the dark attic for another year. A good reason for these to be used is due to the winter homework assigned in several classes, therefore there is less time to actually buy or chop down a real tree. This is the AHS Apache holiday spirit!

5. Santa Claus: An excessively jolly and overweight man who works one day a year. With a BMI probably far past the overweight section, this cookie and milk loving man doesn’t have time to shave his massive beard due to his work. Passing out gifts to every good child in the whole world, this happy old man needs not one, not two, but twelve whole reindeer to pull his sleigh.
    “Santa Claus was eating another gingerbread cookie when his belt buckle popped.”

6. Rednoseosis: The terrible disease that Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer caught during his stay at Tinsel Town. Santa, being as jolly and nice as he is, was forced to compliment the abnormally glowing nose and kindly let the airborne horse with antlers lead the pack while he delivered presents. So Rudolph wouldn’t feel bad, Santa even had his elves write a catchy children’s song about how brave and helpful the reindeer was.

8. Whopper: When a small, innocent, cheerful, and curious child tiptoes to the living room because they heard Santa setting presents under the tree or [in] stockings. Afterwards they see a dark Santa-like figure only to find out that Santa is merely a myth and their parents have been lying to them for all the how many years they’ve lived.

“All December long, Santa’s theme song is played on the TV, the radio, and even sung by young elementary school students.”

10. X -mas-lighting-mania: A ridiculous array of dangly little lights all over roofs with a carefully arranged course of waving Santa’s, sick reindeer, outrageously dressed snowmen, and boxes of glowing and luminous gifts. Not only does this little light show get constant praises of ooh’s and ah’s, it can also cause car accidents all over. Once the lights are plugged in, cars driving in the dark with only streetlights and headlights to light the way are suddenly surprised with 100 watts of blaring white light dangerously blinding drivers and causing them to crash into nearby cars and young children.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 11:03 am