The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Magic School Bus into the heart

sallychung

Magic School Bus into the heart Empty Magic School Bus into the heart

Post  sallychung Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:57 am

It’s intriguing how the heart works, how this cone-shaped organ is constantly pumping, at an average heart rate of around 72 beats per minute, how it can accelerate or skip a beat when I see my longtime crush. I’ve decided to learn the ropes, or in this case, valves of the heart so that I can possibly control it a little better because everyone knows (and boy do I know it the most) a heart has a mind of its own. Being the scientist that I am, I had to experiment. When is a better day to experiment with the human heart than Valentine’s Day, when that perfect symmetrical rosy figure we’ve labeled as a heart gets thrown and tossed around like stale Sweethearts candy? And since the best way for me to learn about the heart is to actually be there, I had to steal the Magic School Bus from PBS (I know what you are all thinking, that I am crazy. Crazy to do such a mean gesture on Valentine’s Day.) To lift my conscious a little, I’ll allow you guys to come along with me for the ride. So, hop on the Magic School Bus as I explore the human heart, an AHS student’s heart to be more exact.

Click. We are now shrinking into the size of a pollen grain. I’m now maneuvering my way through D hall, choosing a target among the 2,096 fluttery hearts on campus. In 3…2…now, the bus has entered the mouth of an unidentifiable male student, and at the moment is continuing down the esophagus. Swooshing down…down…down...lubdub…lubdub…lubdub. We have safely lubdub landed on the lubdub heart. What a horrific view out the window, the Aortic valve is meekly being tugged along with the rest of the heart. And do you hear that extra lubdub? It means that the heart is pumping harder than it should be. My hypothesis is that Student is probably being overworked. Student is focusing all of his time on acing AP tests, that he has a built up amount of stress. Poor heart is working so hard for him to ace tests, and he won't exercise to pay back for it.

Whoa...lubdublubdublubdub, can you feel that?! The bus is rocking faster-er-er now. The lubdubs are speeding up too, and getting louder! What is going on? Wait a minute, do you hear that tapping in the distance? They're footsteps, and a girl's voice, but what is she saying? I can't hear it over the beating! As if the heart heard me and listened, it becomes absolutely silent. The bus completely stops moving. Now, I can hear her voice. "Thanks for holding my flowers for me." Then, back again at work, the heart races again. "You're welcome," Student stutters. What a remarkable adventure...I've chosen the right heart! Here's my analysis. Student's heart rate increased dramatically when Girl approached and completely stopped when she spoke, so therefore, Student likes Girl.

(I'm going to write about how I see Student suppressing valve, but I experiment with it, and make Student embrace his feelings instead of suppress them. Therefore, I control the Student's action, he goes after the girl. Gives her a flower that he was going to dissect for AP Bio, but instead chose to give it to her instead. Conclusion: Give your heart a little love this Valentine's Day. After all the work it's doing for you, listen to it for once, and give it love in return.)

Last edited by sallychung on Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    ashleychi

Magic School Bus into the heart Empty Re: Magic School Bus into the heart

Post  ashleychi Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:30 pm

EDIT 1

It’s intriguing how the heart works, how this cone-shaped organ is constantly pumping, at an average heart rate of around 72 beats per minute, how it can accelerate or skip a beat when I get nervous. I’ve decided to learn the ropes, or in this case, valves of the heart so that I can possibly control it a little better because everyone knows (and boy do I know it the most) a heart has a mind of its own. Being the scientist that I am, I had to experiment. When is a better day to experiment with the human heart than Valentine’s Day, when that perfect symmetrical rosy figure we’ve labeled as a heart gets thrown and tossed around like stale Sweethearts candy? And since the best way for me to learn about the heart is to actually be there, I had to steal the Magic School Bus from PBS (I know what you are all thinking, that I am crazy [that you all are thinking that I'm crazy]. Crazy to do such a mean gesture on Valentine’s Day.) To lift my conscious [consience] a little, I’ll allow you guys to come along with me for the ride. So, hop on the Magic School Bus as I explore the human heart, an AHS student’s heart to be more exact.

Click. We are now shrinking into the size of a pollen grain. I’m now maneuvering my way through D hall, choosing a target among the 2,096 fluttery hearts on campus. In 3…2…now, the bus has entered the mouth of an unidentifiable male student, and at the moment is continuing down the esophagus. Swooshing down…down…down...lubdub…lubdub…lubdub. We have safely lubdub [?] landed on the lubdub [? I don't really get the lubdubs, are they supposed to be sounds? Razz] heart. What a horrific view out the window, the Aortic valve is meekly being tugged along with the rest of the heart. And do you hear that extra lubdub? It means that the heart is pumping harder than it should be. My hypothesis is that Student is probably being overworked. Student is focusing all of his time on acing AP tests, that he has a built up amount of stress. Poor heart is working so hard for him to ace tests, and he won't exercise to pay back for it.

Whoa...lubdublubdublubdub, can you feel that?! The bus is rocking faster-er-er now. The lubdubs are speeding up too, and getting louder! What is going on? Wait a minute, do you hear that tapping in the distance? They're footsteps, and a girl's voice, but what is she saying? I can't hear it over the beating! As if the heart heard me and listened, it becomes absolutely silent. The bus completely stops moving. Now, I can hear her voice. "Thanks for holding my flowers for me." Then, back again at work, the heart races again. "Your [You're] welcome," Student stutters.
    What a remarkable adventure...I've chosen the right heart! Here's my analysis. Student's heart rate increased dramatically when Girl approached and completely stopped when she spoke, so therefore, Student likes Girl.

(I'm going to write about how I see Student suppressing valve, but I experiment with it, and make Student embrace his feelings instead of suppress them. Therefore, I control the Student's action, he goes after the girl. Gives her a flower that he was going to dissect for AP Bio, but instead chose to give it to her instead. Conclusion: Give your heart a little love this Valentine's Day. After all the work it's doing for you, listen to it for once, and give it love in return.). [that's a cute idea Very Happy]
    sallychung

Post  sallychung Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:36 am

It’s intriguing how the heart works, how this cone-shaped organ is constantly pumping at an average heart rate of around 72 beats per minute, how it can accelerate or skip a beat when I see my longtime crush. I've decided to learn the ropes, or in this case, valves of the heart so that I can possibly control it a little better because everyone knows (and boy do I know it the most) a heart has a mind of its own. Being the scientist that I am, I had to experiment. When is a better time to experiment with the human heart than in the month of romance, when that perfect symmetrical rosy figure we've labeled as a heart gets thrown and tossed around like stale Sweethearts candy? And since the best way for me to learn about the heart is to actually be there, I had to steal the Magic School Bus from PBS (I know that you all think I'm crazy. Crazy to do such a mean gesture.) To lift my conscience a little, I’ll allow you guys to come along with me for the ride. So, hop on the Magic School Bus as I explore the human heart, an AHS student’s heart to be more exact.

Click. We are now shrinking into the size of a pollen grain and maneuvering through D hall. Let's choose a target among the 2,096 fluttery hearts on campus. In 3…2…now, the bus has entered the mouth of an unidentifiable male student, and at the moment is continuing down the esophagus. Swooshing down…down…down...lubdub…lubdub…lubdub. We have safely lubdub landed on the lubdub heart. What a horrific view out the window, the Aortic valve is meekly being tugged along with the rest of the heart. And do you hear that extra lubdub? It means that the heart is pumping harder than it should be. My hypothesis is that Student is probably being overworked. Student is focusing all of his time on acing AP tests, that he has built up an excessive amount of stress. This poor heart is in desperate need of rest, some sleep would do Student good.

Whoa...lubdublubdublubdub, can you feel that?! The bus is rocking faster-er-er now. The lubdubs are speeding up too, and getting louder! What is going on? Wait a minute, do you hear that tapping in the distance? They're footsteps, and a girl's voice, but what is she saying? I can't hear it over the beating! As if the heart heard me and listened, it becomes absolutely silent. The bus completely stops moving. Now, I can hear her voice. "Thanks for holding my flowers for me." Then, back again at work, the heart races. "You're welcome," Student stutters.
    Here's my analysis. Student's heart rate increased dramatically when Girl approached and practically stopped when she spoke, so therefore, Student likes Girl.

Before Student can even embrace his excitement, his heart fails. Student's papillary muscles begin to contract rapidly while the Chordae Tendineae tug with all their might to keep the valves from responding. It sounds like a band out of sync, with the Chordae Tendineae muffling the melodious music. Suddenly, my scientific mind grasps the concept. Student controlled his own Chordae Tendineae to suppress the valves; he is suppressing his feelings for this girl he obviously cares very much for, and his poor heart has to pay for it. Well, not on my account. With determination, I steer the bus to Student's Chordae Tendineae and loosen them, consequently freeing the valves. With excitement of my own, I watch as the pumped blood surges through his body. With satisfaction, I smile as he follows his heart.

We're rocking at a good pace now as I hear the thumps of Student's rapid footsteps. On cue, I hear Girl's voice, "Did I forget something?" Without a stutter, Student replies, "Yes. I know this isn't much. Actually, it's my Biology homework. We're dissecting flowers today, and I brought this daisy to dissect. But, I want you to have it."

Just like that, his heart sings. Lubdub...lubdub...lubdub, His beats are back on track. The Aortic Valve holds a steady note. The Chordae Tendineae strum softly in the background while the papillary muscles harmonize to the valves. Are you wondering what song this is? It's something called love. I'll leave you listening to this music and my conclusion: With just a little bit of attention, Student's heart could create melodious music. I hope you've learned from this trip to give your heart a little love this Valentine's Day. After all the work it's doing for you, it deserves some love in return.
    ashleychi

Post  ashleychi Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:17 pm

EDIT 2

It’s intriguing how the heart works, how this cone-shaped organ is constantly pumping at an average heart rate of around 72 beats per minute, how it can accelerate or skip a beat when I see my longtime crush. I've decided to learn the ropes, or in this case, valves of the heart so that I can possibly control it a little better because everyone knows (and boy do I know it the most) a heart has a mind of its own. Being the scientist that I am, I had to experiment. When is a better time to experiment with the human heart than in the month of romance, when that perfect symmetrical rosy figure we've labeled as a heart gets thrown and tossed around like stale Sweethearts candy? And [delete] since the best way for me to learn about the heart is to actually be there, I had to steal the Magic School Bus from PBS (I know that you all think I'm crazy. Crazy to do such a mean gesture.) To lift my conscience a little, I’ll allow you guys to come along with me for the ride. So, hop on the Magic School Bus as I explore the human heart, an AHS student’s heart to be more exact.

Click. We are now shrinking into the size of a pollen grain and maneuvering through D hall. Let's choose a target among the 2,096 fluttery hearts on campus. In 3…2…now, the bus has entered the mouth of an unidentifiable male student, and at the moment is continuing down the esophagus. Swooshing down…down…down...lubdub…lubdub…lubdub. We have safely lubdub landed on the lubdub heart. What a horrific view out the window, the Aortic [not capitalized] valve is meekly being tugged along with the rest of the heart. And do you hear that extra lubdub? It means that the heart is pumping harder than it should be. My hypothesis is that Student is probably being overworked. Student is focusing all of his time on acing AP tests, that he has built up an excessive amount of stress. This poor heart is in desperate need of rest, some sleep would do Student good.

Whoa...lubdublubdublubdub, can you feel that?! The bus is rocking faster-er-er now. The lubdubs are speeding up too, and getting louder! What is going on? Wait a minute, do you hear that tapping in the distance? They're footsteps, and a girl's voice, but what is she saying? I can't hear it over the beating! As if the heart heard me and listened, it becomes absolutely silent. The bus completely stops moving. Now, I can hear her voice. "Thanks for holding my flowers for me." Then, back again at work, the heart races. "You're welcome," Student stutters.
    Here's my analysis. Student's heart rate increased dramatically when Girl approached and practically stopped when she spoke, so therefore, Student likes Girl.

Before Student can even embrace his excitement, his heart fails. Student's papillary muscles begin to contract rapidly while the Chordae Tendineae [not capitalized] tug with all their might to keep the valves from responding. It sounds like a band out of sync, with the Chordae Tendineae [not capitalized] muffling the melodious music. Suddenly, my scientific mind grasps the concept. Student controlled his own Chordae Tendineae [not capitalized] to suppress the valves; he is suppressing his feelings for this girl he obviously cares very much for, and his poor heart has to pay for it. Well, not on my account. With determination, I steer the bus to Student's Chordae Tendineae [not capitalized] and loosen them, consequently freeing the valves. With excitement of my own, I watch as the pumped blood surges through his body. With satisfaction, I smile as he follows his heart.

We're rocking at a good pace now as I hear the thumps of Student's rapid footsteps. On cue, I hear Girl's voice, "Did I forget something?" Without a stutter, Student replies, "Yes. I know this isn't much. Actually, it's my Biology homework. We're dissecting flowers today, and I brought this daisy to dissect. But, I want you to have it."

Just like that, his heart sings. Lubdub...lubdub...lubdub, His beats are back on track. The Aortic Valve holds a steady note. The Chordae Tendineae [not capitalized] strum softly in the background while the papillary muscles harmonize to the valves. Are you wondering what song this is? It's something called love. I'll leave you listening to this music and my conclusion: With just a little bit of attention, Student's heart could create melodious music. I hope you've learned from this trip to give your heart a little love this Valentine's Day. After all the work it's doing for you, it deserves some love in return.
    sallychung

Post  sallychung Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:19 am

It’s intriguing how the heart works, how this cone-shaped organ is constantly pumping at an average heart rate of around 72 beats per minute, how it can accelerate or skip a beat when I see my longtime crush. I've decided to learn the ropes, or in this case, valves of the heart so that I can possibly control it a little better because everyone knows (and boy do I know it the most) a heart has a mind of its own. Being the scientist that I am, I had to experiment. When is a better time to experiment with the human heart than in the month of romance, when that perfect symmetrical rosy figure we've labeled as a heart gets thrown and tossed around like stale Sweethearts candy? Since the best way for me to learn about the heart is to actually be there, I had to steal the Magic School Bus from PBS (I know that you all think I'm crazy. Crazy to do such a mean gesture.) To lift my conscience a little, I’ll allow you guys to come along with me for the ride. So, hop on the Magic School Bus as I explore the human heart, an AHS student’s heart to be more exact.

Click. We are now shrinking into the size of a pollen grain and maneuvering through D hall. Let's choose a target among the 2,096 fluttery hearts on campus. In 3…2…now, the bus has entered the mouth of an unidentifiable male student, and at the moment is continuing down the esophagus. Swooshing down…down…down...lubdub…lubdub…lubdub. We have safely lubdub landed on the lubdub heart. What a horrific view out the window, the aortic valve is meekly being tugged along with the rest of the heart. And do you hear that extra lubdub? It means that the heart is pumping harder than it should be. My hypothesis is that Student is probably being overworked. Student is focusing all of his time on acing AP tests, that he has built up an excessive amount of stress. This poor heart is in desperate need of rest, some sleep would do Student good.

Before Student can even embrace his excitement, his heart fails. Student's papillary muscles begin to contract rapidly while the chordae tendinea tug with all their might to keep the valves from responding. It sounds like a band out of sync, with the chordae tendineae muffling the melodious music. Suddenly, my scientific mind grasps the concept. Student controlled his own chordae tendinea to suppress the valves; he is suppressing his feelings for this girl he obviously cares very much for, and his poor heart has to pay for it. Well, not on my account. With determination, I steer the bus to Student's chordae tendineae and loosen them, consequently freeing the valves. With excitement of my own, I watch as the pumped blood surges through his body. With satisfaction, I smile as he follows his heart.

Just like that, his heart sings. Lubdub...lubdub...lubdub, His beats are back on track. The aortic valve holds a steady note. The chordae tendineae strum softly in the background while the papillary muscles harmonize to the valves. Are you wondering what song this is? It's something called love. I'll leave you listening to this music and my conclusion: With just a little bit of attention, Student's heart could create melodious music. I hope you've learned from this trip to give your heart a little love this Valentine's Day. After all the work it's doing for you, it deserves some love in return.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 12:27 pm