The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Jobs of AHS Teachers

amyleong

Jobs of AHS Teachers Empty Jobs of AHS Teachers

Post  amyleong Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:11 am

Other Titles:
    Perks from Teacher’s Summer Works
    Teacher’s Enjoyment from Summer Employment
    Loads of Inspirations from Past Occupations
    Outstanding Features from Our Very Own AHS Teachers

The teachers at Arcadia High School are truly one of a kind. Not only are they known for their huge heaps of homework and their terrific teaching talents, but also their incredible flying skills, naming the history about hardware, superb ice-cream scooping skills, or even writing the essays of our very own E-notes.
    Take our very own Teacher Mr. John Panza for example, who fresh out of college managed his own McDonalds and ‘cook[ed] up crazy food concoctions’ known as his very own unique “Panza-burgers”. But after his 18-month endeavor of “having 80 employees under [him],” he transferred “into accounting for about three years with a medical insurance firm.” Though dealing with spreadsheets all day long wasn’t his cup of tea, Mr. Panza’s real dream job was flying – specifically a commercial pilot and fly for the airlines. Like every fairytale his dream came true, for soon enough he became a flight instructor for two years, teaching others how to fly. He also admitted that “the craziest part was practicing 'Spin training'” and informed us that “Being upside down in a flexing 'tin can' at five thousand feet can really focus the mind.” But soon enough, “the events of 9/11 caused a career shift and [he] translated [his] love of teaching people to fly, into teaching at AHS.”
    If Mr. Panza’s mind-blowing flying lessons blew you away, this can definitely be challenged by Mr. Oliver Beckwith’s heartwarming tale. It all started at a hardware store, where, of course our history lover Mr. Beckwith is charged with telling “customers about the history of a tool, or when a certain plant was first imported to the United States.” By hiring young people, “they told [him] that [he] should be a history teacher because [he] was teaching them more about history than their high school history teacher,” which led him down the pathway to being a teacher at Arcadia High School. However, it was not just the facts of tools that sparked Mr. Beckwith’s attention at the hardware store, but also meeting his future wife at that exact location. To give you a little insider, Mr. Beckwith also said, “She called me for a price check and when I walked up she looked unhappy because I was new to the store and, she thought, I wouldn't know the correct code for the price. But I'm a pretty sharp guy and I had the codes memorized. She was surprised and impressed; we've been married now more than 27 years.”
    If that charming chronicle didn’t catch your eye, I’m sure that Ms. Charmaine Cordero’s previous work experience will be another fascinating tale to add to your collection. As far as her work experience goes, she has spent three years working in a Disney store in London and a year writing essays for E-notes, which were usually focused on the works of William Shakespeare and Jane Austen. One of her most memorable moments was when Mickey Mouse came to visit the Disney store and all the little kids would go line up to see him. It was especially her favorite part when she was asking the shy kids if they wanted to see Mickey and bring them to him to sign autographs and take pictures.
    Although Mickey Mouse is quite a character to remember, another story also strikes our attention even further. Currently teaching Biophysical 2, Human Physiology, and Leadership Dynamics, Mr. Tal Jones is also known to be very innovative when it comes to the subject of previous occupations. During college, Mr. Jones worked as “a back hoe operator at a cemetery digging graves” for a year and “also worked in a surgical ward, transporting patients to the surgical suites for their surgeries” for about two years. Later in life, Mr. Jones and his brother “owned and operated two Baskin Robbins stores in Utah, actually open[ing] the first drive thru BR in the nation.” For seven years, he had a lot of fun in the ice cream industry, but eventually turned to teaching at the Arcadia Unified School District (AUSD). First he taught at Foothills Middle School and then, he finally transferred to Arcadia High School.
    Last but not least, Mr. Matthew Woodin takes it away with his insightful experience on the field. Starting off in high school with mowing lawns, working in a screen printing shop during the summer, and other odd jobs in his neighborhood to help earn spending money, Mr. Woodin was indeed a very involved student. He exclaimed, that “In those days the money went for gas, surfing, records (vinyl discs that you played on a record player!) My first "real" job (where you pay taxes and get screwed out of what you worked for) was at Penguins frozen yogurt- it was like Yogurtland, but it was not do-it-yourself. I did this from 1987-1990.” Along with all those outside job opportunities, Mr. Woodin also added, “Then I delivered flowers until I went to college. This was eye-opening. It taught me why education is important, because without it you are stuck! I made a delivery once and the lady refused the flowers- weird!” In addition, he was working at Tom Sawyer Camp during the summers from college and also learned that he was scared of horses. And with all that exciting information, he leaves us with this advice: Each job you do says something about you. If your heart's not in it, then get out. However, if your education and skills are limited you may be stuck for life. Thus, choose wisely, scholar!
    So the next time you step on foot to Arcadia High School, think twice about your cliff note sources, your college careers, and of course, summer jobs – vacations filled with memories to be embedded in your heart forever, right down to the core of funny, cute, and inspirational all in one.
    lenakalemkiarian

Jobs of AHS Teachers Empty Re: Jobs of AHS Teachers

Post  lenakalemkiarian Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:53 pm

The teachers at Arcadia High School are truly one of a kind. Not only are they known for their huge heaps of homework and their terrific teaching talents, but also their incredible flying skills, naming the history about hardware, superb ice-cream scooping skills, or even writing the essays of our very own E-notes.
    Take our very own Teacher Mr. John Panza for example, who fresh out of college managed his own McDonalds and ‘cook[ed] up crazy food concoctions’ known as his very own[delete: very own] unique “Panza-burgers”. But after his 18-month endeavor of “having 80 employees under [him],” he transferred “into accounting for about three years with a medical insurance firm.” Though dealing with spreadsheets all day long wasn’t his cup of tea, Mr. Panza’s real dream job was flying – specifically a commercial pilot and fly for the airlines. Like every fairytale[,] his dream came true,[.] for soon enough he [Mr. Panza] became a flight instructor for two years, teaching others how to fly. He also admitted that “the craziest part was practicing 'Spin training'” and informed us that “Being[being] upside down in a flexing 'tin can' at five thousand feet can really focus the mind.” But soon enough, “the events of 9/11 caused a career shift and [he] translated [his] love of teaching people to fly, into teaching at AHS.”
    If Mr. Panza’s mind-blowing flying lessons blew you away, this can definitely be challenged by Mr. Oliver Beckwith’s heartwarming tale. It all started at a hardware store, where, of course[,] our history lover Mr. Beckwith is charged with telling “customers about the history of a tool, or when a certain plant was first imported to the United States.” By hiring young people, “they told [him] that [he] should be a history teacher because [he] was teaching them more about history than their high school history teacher,” which led him down the pathway to being a teacher at Arcadia High School. However, it was not just the facts of tools that sparked Mr. Beckwith’s attention at the hardware store, but also meeting his future wife at that exact location. To give you a little insider, Mr. Beckwith also said,[delete comma] “She called me for a price check and when I walked up she looked unhappy because I was new to the store and, she thought, I wouldn't know the correct code for the price. But I'm a pretty sharp guy and I had the codes memorized. She was surprised and impressed; we've been married now more than 27 years.”
    If that charming chronicle didn’t catch your eye, I’m sure that Ms. Charmaine Cordero’s previous work experience will be another fascinating tale to add to your collection. As far as her work experience goes, she has spent three years working in a Disney store in London and a year writing essays for E-notes, which were usually focused on the works of William Shakespeare and Jane Austen. One of her most memorable moments was when Mickey Mouse came to visit the Disney store and all the little kids would go line up to see him. It was especially her favorite part when she was asking the shy kids if they wanted to see Mickey and bring them to him to sign autographs and take pictures.
    Although Mickey Mouse is quite a character to remember, another story also strikes our attention even further. Currently teaching Biophysical 2, Human Physiology, and Leadership Dynamics, Mr. Tal Jones is also known to be very innovative when it comes to the subject of previous occupations. During college, Mr. Jones worked as “a back hoe operator at a cemetery digging graves” for a year and “also worked in a surgical ward, transporting patients to the surgical suites for their surgeries” for about two years. Later in life, Mr. Jones and his brother “owned and operated two Baskin Robbins stores in Utah, actually open[ing] the first drive thru BR in the nation.” For seven years, he had a lot of fun in the ice cream industry, but eventually turned to teaching at the Arcadia Unified School District (AUSD). First he taught at Foothills Middle School and then, he finally transferred to Arcadia High School.
    Last but not least, Mr. Matthew Woodin takes it away with his insightful experience on the field. Starting off in high school with mowing lawns, working in a screen printing shop during the summer, and other odd jobs in his neighborhood to help earn spending money, Mr. Woodin was indeed a very involved student. He exclaimed, that “In those days the money went for gas, surfing, records (vinyl discs that you played on a record player!), My[my] first "real" job (where you pay taxes and get screwed out of what you worked for) was at Penguins frozen yogurt- it was like Yogurtland, but it was not do-it-yourself. I did this from 1987-1990.” Along with all those outside job opportunities, Mr. Woodin also added, “Then I delivered flowers until I went to college. This was eye-opening. It taught me why education is important, because without it you are stuck! I made a delivery once and the lady refused the flowers- weird!” In addition, he was working at Tom Sawyer Camp during the summers from college and also learned that he was scared of horses. And with all that exciting information, he leaves us with this advice: Each job you do says something about you. If your heart's not in it, then get out. However, if your education and skills are limited you may be stuck for life. Thus, choose wisely, scholar!
    So the next time you step on foot to [step foot on] Arcadia High School, think twice about your cliff note sources, your college careers, and of course, summer jobs – vacations filled with memories to be embedded in your heart forever, right down to the core of funny, cute, and inspirational all in one.[the last part doesnt really work...i feel like it is just... there. maybe add a transition or soemthing.]
    amyleong

Jobs of AHS Teachers Empty Revision #1

Post  amyleong Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:30 pm

The teachers at Arcadia High School are truly one of a kind. They are known not only for their huge heaps of homework and their terrific teaching talents but also their incredible flying skills, historical interests about hardware, or even superb ice-cream scooping skills.
    Take our very own teacher Mr. John Panza for example, who fresh out of college managed his own McDonalds and “cooked up crazy food concoctions” known as his unique “Panza-burgers.” But after his 18-month endeavor of “having 80 employees under [him],” he transferred “into accounting for about three years with a medical insurance firm.” Though dealing with spreadsheets all day long wasn’t his cup of tea, Mr. Panza’s real dream job was flying—specifically a plane for the airlines, or even to be a commercial pilot. Like in every fairytale, his dream came true, for soon enough he became a flight instructor for two years, teaching others how to fly. But soon enough, “the events of 9/11 caused a career shift and [he] translated [his] love of teaching people to fly into teaching at AHS.”
    If Mr. Panza’s mind-blowing flying lessons blew you away, this can be challenged by Mr. Oliver Beckwith’s heartwarming tale. It all started at a hardware store, where, our history lover Mr. Beckwith was charged with telling “customers about the history of a tool, or when a certain plant was first imported to the United States.” Hired young people also “told [him] that [he] should be a history teacher because [he] was teaching them more about history than their high school history teacher,” which led him down the pathway to being a teacher at Arcadia High School. However, it was not just the facts of tools that sparked Mr. Beckwith’s attention at the hardware store, but also meeting his future wife at that exact location. They have been married for 27 years.
    Another story strikes our attention even further. Currently teaching Science, Human Physiology, and Leadership Dynamics, Mr. Tal Jones is also very fascinating when it comes to the subject of previous occupations. During college, Mr. Jones worked as “a back hoe operator at a cemetery digging graves” and “also worked in a surgical ward, transporting patients to the surgical suites for their surgeries.” Later in life, Mr. Jones and his brother “owned and operated two Baskin Robbins stores in Utah, actually open[ing] the first drive thru BR in the nation.” For seven years, he had a lot of fun in the ice cream industry, but eventually turned to teaching at Arcadia High School.
    Last but not least, Mr. Matthew Woodin takes it away with his insightful experience on the field. In high school, he started off mowing lawns, working in a screen printing shop, and other odd jobs in his neighborhood to earn money. He exclaimed, “In those days the money went for gas, surfing, records (vinyl discs that you played on a record player!). My first ‘real’ job (where you pay taxes and get screwed out of what you worked for) was at Penguins frozen yogurt—it was like Yogurtland, but it was not do-it-yourself.” Along with all those outside job opportunities, Mr. Woodin also added, “Then I delivered flowers until I went to college. This was eye-opening. It taught me why education is important because without it you are stuck! I made a delivery once and the lady refused the flowers—weird!” And with all that exciting information, he leaves us with this advice: Each job you do says something about you. If your heart's not in it, then get out. However, if your education and skills are limited you may be stuck for life. Thus, choose wisely, scholar!
    So the next time you enter Arcadia High School, think twice about your cliff note sources, your college careers, and of course, summer jobs—vacations filled with memories to be embedded in your heart forever.

P.S. I left the Panza part because I think it doesn't sound like a complete sentence when it starts with "For soon enough..."

Sponsored content

Jobs of AHS Teachers Empty Re: Jobs of AHS Teachers

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:51 pm