The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

Girls Varsity Golf

reginaliu

Girls Varsity Golf Empty Girls Varsity Golf

Post  reginaliu Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Unlike many other athletic teams, the Arcadia Girls Varsity Golf Team has successfully prevented the poor air quality to interfere significantly with their preparation for the upcoming season. The dedicated team players have sacrificed their time to practice on their own in order to avoid any complications. Not to mention, the team has been practicing ever since last winter when their season ended. It seems as though lack of practice will not be an issue for the Girls Varsity Golf Team.
    However, the air quality has found other ways to raise problems for the Girls Varsity Golf Team. The cancellation of a number of matches has forced them to compete in their first league match with only a single warm up match to prepare them.
    “I was really mad when I heard about our cancelled match,” voiced Junior Mya Maw, a member on the team.
    Though some may fear for the team due to their lack of practice matches, Girls Varsity Golf Coach Robert Greep says, “I’m very confident in the girls this season. I know they want to be successful and so far they have been.” It’s hard to doubt a team when their coach can express his confidence in them so easily and freely.
    Likewise, Maw refuses to let the cancelled matches waver her confidence. She stated the night before the match of Sep. 10, “I feel that we are totally prepared for Thursday, only one warm up match or not.”
    Perhaps some of this confidence comes from the outstanding play during the warm up match. Arcadia dominated San Marino 193-226 at their own home course!
    Maw has high expectations for the team of 2009-2010. “[L]ast year all we shot for was winning league, this year we hope to also do well in CIF, team and individual.”
    Maw has raised her goals for the upcoming year with good reason as she observes, “Usually only our top three or four [starters] are solid but this year all six of us are pretty consistent.”
    More than anything, Greep believes that their strong confidence in themselves and each other — “the area of weakness that truly cost them last year at CIF team play” — will bring them to victory this season.
    Whether it’s because of an increased level of skill, a stronger level of confidence, or a mixture of the two, there is hardly any question that this year the team will excel beyond those prior. Especially considering that by the first match of the year, the team of 2009-2010 had already scored better than every single match of 2008-2009.
    You better keep an eye on this team. No doubt, they’re going places!
    oisheeshemontee

Girls Varsity Golf Empty Re: Girls Varsity Golf

Post  oisheeshemontee Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:14 pm

Unlike many [some] other athletic teams, the Arcadia Girls Varsity Golf Team has successfully prevented the poor air quality to interfere [from interfering] significantly with their preparation for the upcoming season. The dedicated team players have sacrificed their time [for individual practice] to practice on their own in order to avoid any complications [can you rephrase this bit? It sounds like they're about to undergo surgery, not compete]. Not to mention, the team has been practicing ever since last winter when their [last] season ended. It seems as though lack of practice will not be an issue for the Girls Varsity Golf Team.
    However, the air quality has found other ways to raise problems for the Girls Varsity Golf Team. The cancellation of a number of matches has forced them to compete in their first league match with only a single warm[-] up match to prepare them.
    “I was really mad when I heard about our cancelled match,” voiced Junior Mya Maw, a member on the team.
    Though some may fear for the team due to their lack of practice matches, Girls Varsity Golf Coach Robert Greep says, “I’m very confident in the girls this season. I know they want to be successful and so far they have been.” It’s hard to doubt a team when their coach can express his confidence in them so easily and freely.
    Likewise, Maw refuses to let the cancelled matches waver her confidence [try to find another word besides confidence - optimism, maybe?]. She stated the night before the match of Sep. 10, “I feel that we are totally prepared for Thursday, only one warm[-] up match or not.”
    Perhaps some of this confidence [find a new word] comes from the outstanding play during the warm up match. Arcadia dominated San Marino 193-226 at their own home course!
    Maw has high expectations for the team of 2009-2010. “[L][you don't need the brackets for capitalization] ast year all we shot for was winning league, this year we hope to also do well in CIF, team and individual.”
    Maw has raised her goals for the upcoming year with good reason as she observes, “Usually only our top three or four [starters] are solid but this year all six of us are pretty consistent.”
    More than anything, Greep believes that their strong confidence in themselves and each other — “the area of weakness that truly cost them last year at CIF team play” — will bring them to victory this season.
    Whether it’s because of an increased level of skill, a stronger level of confidence, or a mixture of the two, there is hardly any question that this year the team will excel beyond those prior. Especially considering that by the first match of the year, the team of 2009-2010 had already scored better than every single match of 2008-2009.
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:31 pm

Unlike some other athletic teams, the Arcadia Girls Varsity Golf Team has successfully prevented the poor air quality from interfering significantly with their preparation for the upcoming season. The dedicated team players have sacrificed their time for individual practice in order to maintain and improve their abilities. Not to mention, the team has been practicing ever since their last season ended. It seems as though lack of practice will not be an issue for the Girls Varsity Golf Team.
    However, the air quality has found other ways to raise problems for the Girls Varsity Golf Team. The cancellation of a number of matches has forced them to compete in their first league match with only a single warm-up match to prepare them.
    “I was really mad when I heard about our canceled match,” voiced Junior Mya Maw, a member on the team.
    Likewise, Maw refuses to let the canceled matches waver her optimism. She stated the night before the match of Sept. 10, “I feel that we are totally prepared for Thursday, only one warm-up match or not.”
    Perhaps some of this certainty comes from the outstanding play during the warm-up match. Arcadia dominated San Marino 193-226 at their own home course!
    Maw has high expectations for the team of 2009-2010. “Last year all we shot for was winning league, this year we hope to also do well in CIF, team and individual.”
    kristietom

Post  kristietom Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:37 am

hey regina - your article looks pretty good! you did a really good job getting quotes from the golfers and the coach.

but try to stay away from the cheesy stuff, like your last sentence. other than that, you're good! keep updating your article with game scores and stuff!

- kristie
    reginaliu

Post  reginaliu Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am

Unlike some other athletic teams, the Arcadia Girls Varsity Golf Team has successfully prevented the poor air quality from interfering significantly with their preparation for the upcoming season. The dedicated team players have sacrificed their time for individual practice in order to maintain and improve their abilities. Not to mention, the team has been practicing ever since their last season ended. It seems as though lack of practice will not be an issue for the Girls Varsity Golf Team.
    However, the air quality has found other ways to raise problems for the Girls Varsity Golf Team. The cancellation of a number of matches has forced them to compete in their first league match with only a single warm-up match to prepare them.
    “I was really mad when I heard about our canceled match,” voiced Junior Mya Maw, a member on the team.
    Likewise, Maw refuses to let the canceled matches waver her optimism. She stated the night before the match of Sept. 10, “I feel that we are totally prepared for Thursday, only one warm-up match or not.”
    Perhaps some of this certainty comes from the outstanding play during the warm-up match. Arcadia dominated San Marino 193-226 at their own home course!
    Maw has high expectations for the team of 2009-2010. “Last year all we shot for was winning league, this year we hope to also do well in CIF, team and individual.”
    Coach Greep acknowledges this strength as well when he says, "Several of my girls truly put forth the effort that was needed in the off season. Fortunately, most of those girls are the ones who are currently in the top portion of the line up."
    Their deep line up will also prove to be an asset as there is a large selection of strong players of whom he can use to build an unbeatable team. And luckily for us, "most teams we'll compete against won't have that luxury" the way that we do. As stated by Coach Greep, "this makes a big difference in golf competition where 5 scores are kept out of 6."
    More than anything, Coach Greep believes that their strong confidence in themselves and each other — “the area of weakness that truly cost them last year at CIF team play” — will bring them to victory this season.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:48 am