The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

10 green words

nancyxiao

10 green words Empty 10 green words

Post  nancyxiao Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:59 pm

Ten Words - Go Green!

Greenie: a conservationist or environmentalist who participates in protest demonstrations
    My grumpy French teacher went from meanie to greenie; she hosted the Go Green! rally last Thursday.

Shagreen: the rough skin of certain sharks
    I forgot to moisturize and my skin felt like shagreen.

Greenth: green growth
    There was some greenth underneath John's thumb. I asked him if he had a knack for gardening. He didn't get it.

Greenstrips: any vegetation that does not burn easily, left uncut or planted along a roadway or waterway, usually to prevent wildfires.
    I rejected Griffin fifteen times, but he just won't let it go. He's like a greenstrip!

Greenheart: any of certain other timber trees of tropical America
    Macy tried to insult me by accusing me of having a greenheard, but I told her I'd never bought any timber.

Greenhead: a male mallard
    The greenheads near my house were quacking so loud, I wanted to make them into duck soup.

Greenhorn: a naive or gullible person; someone who is easily tricked or swindled
    I told Mike that "gullible" was not in the dictionary and he actually checked. What a greenhorn!

Greengrocer: a retailer of fresh vegetables and fruit.
    I love my greengrocer; in a time of Angus beef burgers and buttered shrimp scampi, he keeps my waistline in check.

Greenway: any scenic trail or route set aside for travel or recreational activities.
    My mom and dad took a walk on the greenway; they looked so in love.

Greenmail: the practice of buying a large block of a company's stock in order to force a rise in stock prices or an offer by the company to repurchase that block of stock at an inflated price to thwart a possible takeover bid.
    Have you heard about greenmail? Apparently in the corporate world, green is the new black.
    Joanna Liao

10 green words Empty Re: 10 green words

Post  Joanna Liao Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Ten Words - Go Green!

Greenie: a conservationist or environmentalist who participates in protest demonstrations
    My grumpy French teacher went from meanie to greenie; she hosted the Go Green! rally last Thursday.

There was some greenth underneath John's thumb. I asked him if he had a knack for gardening. He didn't get it. (delete)

Greenstrips: any (delete any) vegetation that does not burn easily, (add: and are) left uncut or planted along a roadway or waterway, usually to prevent wildfires.
    I rejected Griffin fifteen times, but he just won't let it go. He's like a greenstrip!

Macy tried to insult me by accusing me of having a greenheard, but I told her I'd never bought any timber.

The greenheads near my house were quacking so loud, I wanted to make them into duck soup.

Greenhorn: a naive or gullible person; someone who is easily tricked or swindled (delete)
    I told Mike that "gullible" was not in the dictionary and he actually checked. What a greenhorn!

I love my greengrocer; in a time of Angus beef burgers and buttered shrimp scampi, he keeps (kept) my waistline in check.

Greenway: any scenic trail or route set aside for travel or recreational activities.

Greenmail: the practice of buying a large block of a company's stock in order to force a rise in stock prices or an offer by the company to repurchase that block of stock at an inflated price to thwart a possible takeover bid (runon).
    Have you heard about greenmail? Apparently in the corporate world, green is the new black.
    nancyxiao

Post  nancyxiao Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:04 pm

Ten Words - Go Green!

There was some greenth underneath John's thumb.

Greenstrips: any (delete any) vegetation that does not burn easily, and are left uncut or planted along a roadway or waterway, usually to prevent wildfires.

Macy tried to insult me by accusing me of having a greenheart, but I told her I'd never bought any timber.

Greenhorn: a naive or gullible person

I love my greengrocer; in a time of Angus beef burgers and buttered shrimp scampi, he kept my waistline in check.

Greenmail: the practice of buying a large block of a company's stock in order to force a rise in stock prices
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:17 pm

Ten Words - Go Green!

Greenie: a (A) conservationist or environmentalist who participates in protest demonstrations (period at the end)

Shagreen: the rough skin of certain sharks (period at the end)

Greenth: green growth (period at the end)
    There was some greenth underneath John's thumb.

Greenstrips: any (delete any) vegetation that does not burn easily, and are left uncut or planted along a roadway or waterway, usually to prevent wildfires.

Greenheart: any of certain other timber trees of tropical America (period at the end)
    Macy tried to insult me by accusing me of having a greenheart, but I told her I'd never bought any timber.

Greenhead: a male mallard (period at the end)

Greenhorn: a naive or gullible person (period at the end)

I love my greengrocer; in a time of Angus beef burgers and buttered shrimp scampi, he kept my waistline in check.

Greenmail: the practice of buying a large block of a company's stock in order to force a rise in stock prices (period at the end)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 pm