The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

Sierra Club

rhiannonyee

Sierra Club Empty Sierra Club

Post  rhiannonyee Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:12 am

Sierra Club
    Rhiannon Yee

Introducing the AHS Student Sierra Club, saving the environment one tree at a time!

The students of the Sierra Club are gearing up for Earth Day and Arbor Day, which are both right around the corner. The club, which was founded by naturalist John Muir in 1892 has exciting plans for both of these holidays. Under the guidance of Ms. Joan Stevens, the members of the Student Sierra Club participate in many things to learn about the natural world and to help protect it. These adventures include going on hikes in the mountains and going on cleaning sprees at the beach, along with regular meetings at lunch every week.

The Sierra Club strives to leave the world a cleaner and greener place, so do them a favor and the next time you see trash on the floor, pick it up and throw it away!
    Joanna Liao

Sierra Club Empty Re: Sierra Club

Post  Joanna Liao Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:20 pm

Sierra Club
    Rhiannon Yee

Introducing the AHS Student Sierra Club, saving the environment one tree at a time!

The students of the Sierra Club are gearing up for Earth Day and Arbor Day, which are both right around the corner. The club, which was founded by naturalist John Muir in 1892 (comma) has exciting plans for both of these holidays. Under the guidance of Ms. Joan Stevens, the members of the Student Sierra Club participate in many things to learn about the natural world and to help protect it. These adventures include going on hikes in the mountains and (replace and with a comma) going on cleaning sprees at the beach, along with regular meetings at lunch every week.

The Sierra Club strives to leave the world a cleaner and greener place, so do them a favor and the next time you see trash on the floor, pick it up and throw it away!
    rhiannonyee

Post  rhiannonyee Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:32 am

Sierra Club
    Rhiannon Yee

The students of the Sierra Club have put up colorful posters all around campus concerning Earth Day. Containing interesting facts and trivia about the earth and many of the environmental problems that plague it, Sierra Club wants students to be more aware of the world around them. The club was founded by naturalist John Muir in 1892, and has been continued by zealous students ever since. Under the guidance of Ms. Joan Stevens here at AHS, the members of the Student Sierra Club participate in many things to learn about the natural world and to help protect it. "We talk about trying to save and protect the environment and some of the problems that are occurring in the world and how to stop them...like not using as much water and electricity up" say freshmen Bianco Picasso and Sangha Gurleen. These adventures include going on hikes in the mountains, going on cleaning sprees at the beach, along with regular meetings at lunch every week. Co-president, junior Sophia Chung says the club plans "to have a bike ride for [their] next event" and have watched the movie "Wall-E because it has to do with the earth" as well. Sophia adds, "we recently made a video to raise awareness for the earth and all the problems in it", which will be published soon, and they encourage all AHS students to watch and learn something new.

Publicity commissioner, sophomore Amy Wen, has nothing but good things to say about being a member of this club as she exclaimed, "I love being an officer of this club! It's fun and being able to help out environment is always a good thing." If interested in becoming a part of this helpful eco-friendly club, feel free to join them in E-2 every Thursday at lunch. The Sierra Club strives to leave the world a cleaner and greener place, so do them a favor and the next time you see trash on the floor, pick it up and throw it away!
    Joanna Liao

Post  Joanna Liao Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Sierra Club
    Rhiannon Yee

The students of the Sierra Club have put up colorful posters all around campus concerning Earth Day. Containing interesting facts and trivia about the earth and many of the environmental problems that plague it, Sierra Club wants students to be more aware of the world around them. The club was founded by naturalist John Muir in 1892, and has been continued by zealous students ever since. Under the guidance of Ms. Joan Stevens here at AHS, the members of the Student Sierra Club participate in many things to learn about the natural world and [how] to help protect it. "We talk about trying to save and protect the environment and some of the problems that are occurring in the world and how to stop them...like not using as much water and electricity up" say [said] freshmen Bianco Picasso and Sangha Gurleen [they said the same thing?]. These adventures include going on hikes in the mountains, going on cleaning sprees at the beach, along with regular meetings at lunch every week. Co-president, junior Sophia Chung says the club plans "to have a bike ride for [their] next event" and have watched the movie "Wall-E because it has to do with the earth" as well. Sophia adds, "we [We] recently made a video to raise awareness for the earth and all the problems in it", which will be published soon, and they encourage all AHS students to watch and learn something new.

Publicity commissioner, sophomore Amy Wen, has nothing but good things to say about being a member of this club as she exclaimed, "I love being an officer of this club! It's fun and being able to help out environment is always a good thing." If interested in becoming a part of this helpful eco-friendly club, feel free to join them in E-2 every Thursday at lunch. The Sierra Club strives to leave the world a cleaner and greener place, so do them a favor and the next time you see trash on the floor, pick it up and throw it away!
    rhiannonyee

Post  rhiannonyee Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Sierra Club
    Rhiannon Yee

The students of the Sierra Club have put up colorful posters all around campus concerning Earth Day. Containing interesting facts and trivia about the earth and many of the environmental problems that plague it, Sierra Club wants students to be more aware of the world around them. The club was founded by naturalist John Muir in 1892, and has been continued by zealous students ever since. Under the guidance of Ms. Joan Stevens here at AHS, the members of the Student Sierra Club participate in many things to learn about the natural world and [how] to help protect it. "We talk about trying to save and protect the environment and some of the problems that are occurring in the world" said freshman Bianco Picasso. Freshman Sangha Gurleen adds, we also think of "ways to stop some of these problems, like using up less water and electricity." These adventures include going on hikes in the mountains, going on cleaning sprees at the beach, along with regular meetings at lunch every week. Co-president, junior Sophia Chung says the club plans "to have a bike ride for [their] next event" and have watched the movie "Wall-E because it has to do with the earth" as well. Sophia adds, "We recently made a video to raise awareness for the earth and all the problems in it", which will be published soon, and they encourage all AHS students to watch and learn something new.

debbiejong

Post  debbiejong Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm

hey, just a heads up: the verbs "says," "adds," etc should be in past tense!
    debbiejong

Post  debbiejong Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:36 am

cool beans thanks!! i'll fix it later today Smile
    rhiannonyee

Post  rhiannonyee Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:37 am

sorry debbie! you didn't sign out so that was me. my bad
    rhiannonyee

Post  rhiannonyee Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:22 am

Sierra Club
    Rhiannon Yee

The students of the Sierra Club have put up colorful posters all around campus concerning Earth Day. Containing interesting facts and trivia about the earth and many of the environmental problems that plague it, Sierra Club wants students to be more aware of the world around them. The club was founded by naturalist John Muir in 1892, and has been continued by zealous students ever since. Under the guidance of Ms. Joan Stevens here at AHS, the members of the Student Sierra Club participate in many things to learn about the natural world and how to help protect it. "We talk about trying to save and protect the environment and some of the problems that are occurring in the world" said freshman Bianco Picasso. Freshman Sangha Gurleen added that members of the club also think of "ways to stop some of these problems, like using up less water and electricity." These adventures include going on hikes in the mountains and going on cleaning sprees at the beach, along with regular meetings at lunch every week. Co-president, junior Sophia Chung said the club plans "to have a bike ride for [their] next event" and have watched the movie "Wall-E because it has to do with the earth" as well. Sophia adds, "We recently made a video to raise awareness for the earth and all the problems in it", which will be published soon, and they encourage all AHS students to watch and learn something new.

Publicity commissioner, sophomore Amy Wen, has nothing but good things to say about being a member of this club as she exclaimed, "I love being an officer of this club! It's fun and being able to help out environment is always a good thing." If interested in becoming a part of this helpful eco-friendly club, feel free to join them in E-2 every Thursday at lunch. Co-president, senior Phillip Tran, says, "We all live our lives independently from one another, yet we are more connected than we think. We live our days just passing through life, not quite understanding how the consequences of our actions today will affect the inevitable tomorrow. I joined the club hoping to make a difference, even if it's small. For the longest time, no one seemed to care about what was happening to the environment, and I thought.... if no one ever cared, then no one would ever do something to help the environment. So I wanted to step up, and stand up for what i believed was an important cause. I want to save our planet so i can save our future. The future of mankind lies in our hands, and most of us don't even know it. Although our actions in Student Sierra Club may not have the same effects as our nation's leading scientist, I follow my passion because I believe someday, I can make a world of a difference!" Do Phillip and the rest of the Student Sierra Club a favor and the next time you see trash on the floor, pick it up and throw it away!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:55 am