The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

3 posters

Spring Break

rhiannonyee

Spring Break Empty Spring Break

Post  rhiannonyee Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:15 am

Rhiannon Yee and Jade Shao

While the majority of AHS students spent their spring breaks slaving away at mountainous piles of homework, not everyone chose to be shut up inside the house all work and no play. From going to the beach, rock concerts, picking strawberries to bikram yoga, find out what your peers did during the holidays!

Alex Rousset, senior
    "I went [to the beach] with a bunch of my friends…the first time I went it was windy and not that sunny so I didn't put any sun block [on] and then I put tanning oil on and when I came home I had the worst sun burn ever. I have never gotten one this bad and then two days later I went to the beach again...that made it even worse and now I am paying for the sunburn. I look like a reptile on my back the way I am peeling!"

Keelan Ellis, senior
    "My dad's band [The Cauze] played at this huge event in Lake Elsinore called Warrior Dash where people race through mud, flames, and all kinds of stuff and [my dad] let me sing “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath with them. After singing in front of huge crowds since I was five [the nervousness] isn't so bad...I love the feeling when I get on stage and I feel the audience's energy!"

Shannon Hsu, junior
    “Carnegie Hall is every musician's dream. Luckily, I was not the only musician from AHS to have been selected for this fantastic opportunity. Kathleen Chen, a freshman at AHS, was not only selected to tour, but also my roommate! It was great getting to know a fellow musician. While at NY, we took master classes at Juilliard, rehearsed at Steinway Hall, and finally performed in Carnegie Hall on Sunday night. I was so nervous! While in New York, I developed a hasty stride and a preference of walking up fourteen flights of stairs in the Salisbury Hotel to taking the slow elevator up.”

Ray Chao, junior
    “Over spring break, my friend Virginia and I went to a bikram yoga class in South Pasadena. Bikram yoga is similar to normal yoga, however the room is heated to 110 degrees with 60% humidity. The heat is intended to increase flexibility and has a detoxifying effect, but is excruciatingly painful. Virginia and I almost passed out during the 90 min. class, contorted into different poses with sweat rolling off of our bodies. The class was so intense, several of the other people in the class were crying (but not us). After all the torture, the class was extremely refreshing, rewarding, and worth the pain.”

Grace Song, sophomore
    "This spring break was super fun for me because I got to do the one thing that I never have time to do...travel and do nothing! Not only was the food amazing in Chicago but also I was able to play video games, sleep in, watch movies, and have the freedom to relax! I think doing nothing and just hanging out with my brother [in Chicago] was the highlight of my spring break. Although my trip wasn’t adorned with trips to all the famous places, I enjoyed every second of doing nothing with the people I love."

Phillip Juarez, sophomore
    “I went to Chuck E. Cheese over my spring break with my friend many and his family. We went so that his little sisters could play the games and use up old tokens…well we ended up getting really into it and tried beating all the high scores possible. It was so fun bringing out my inner kid again. ”

Bobby McDaniels, freshman
    "Over my spring break I was privileged enough to get to go strawberry picking. I was running up and down the fields grabbing as many berries as I could eat. I was having a spectacular time while getting a healthy snack. It was the best way to spend spring break!"

Shelby Dreves, freshman
    "One day I went to Downtown Disney with my church Friends and played a giant game of hide and seek. When we played, we would get really into it and start walking with giant groups of people to blend in and we would try to change our look...we would put up our hair take off our sweatshirts roll up our jeans."
    Joanna Liao

Spring Break Empty Re: Spring Break

Post  Joanna Liao Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:18 pm

While the majority of AHS students spent their spring breaks (break) slaving away at mountainous piles of homework, not everyone chose to be shut up (delete: up) inside the house all work and no play. From going to the beach, rock concerts, picking strawberries to bikram yoga, find out what your peers did during the holidays (is spring break really a holiday? lol)!

Alex Rousset, senior
    "I went [to the beach] with a bunch of my friends…the first time I went it was windy and not that sunny (comma) so I didn't put any sun block [on] and then I put tanning oil on (period) and (delete and) when I came home I had the worst sun burn ever. I have never gotten one this bad and then two days later (comma) I went to the beach again...that made it even worse and now I am paying for the sunburn. I look like a reptile on my back the way I am peeling!"

Keelan Ellis, senior
    "My dad's band [The Cauze] played at this huge event in Lake Elsinore called Warrior Dash where people race through mud, flames, and all kinds of stuff and [my dad] let me sing “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath with them. After singing in front of huge crowds since I was five [the nervousness] isn't so bad...I love the feeling when I get on stage and I feel the audience's energy!"

Shannon Hsu, junior
    “Carnegie Hall is every musician's dream. Luckily, I was not the only musician from AHS to have been selected for this fantastic opportunity. Kathleen Chen, a freshman at AHS, was not only selected to tour, but also my roommate! It was great getting to know a fellow musician. While at NY, we took master classes at Juilliard, rehearsed at Steinway Hall, and finally performed in Carnegie Hall on Sunday night. I was so nervous! While in New York, I developed a hasty stride and a preference of walking up fourteen flights of stairs in the Salisbury Hotel to taking the slow elevator up.”

Ray Chao, junior
    “Over spring break, my friend Virginia and I went to a bikram yoga class in South Pasadena. Bikram yoga is similar to normal yoga, however the room is heated to 110 degrees with 60% humidity. The heat is intended to increase flexibility and has a detoxifying effect, but is excruciatingly painful. Virginia and I almost passed out during the 90 min. class, contorted into different poses with sweat rolling off of our bodies. The class was so intense, several of the other people in the class were crying but not us). After all the torture, the class was extremely refreshing, rewarding, and worth the pain.”

Grace Song, sophomore
    "This spring break was super fun for me because I got to do the one thing that I never have time to do...travel and do nothing! Not only was the food amazing in Chicago but also I was able to play video games, sleep in, watch movies, and have the freedom to relax! I think doing nothing and just hanging out with my brother [in Chicago] was the highlight of my spring break. Although my trip wasn’t adorned with trips to all the famous places, I enjoyed every second of doing nothing with the people I love."

“I went to Chuck E. Cheese over my spring break with my friend many (with my many friends… or with my friend, Many) and his family. We went so that his little sisters could play the games and use up old tokens…well we ended up getting really into it and tried beating all the high scores possible. It was so fun bringing out my inner kid again. ”

"Over my spring break I was privileged enough to get to go strawberry picking. I was running up and down the fields grabbing as many berries as I could eat. I was having a spectacular time while getting a healthy snack. It was the best way to spend spring break!"

Shelby Dreves, freshman
    "One day I went to Downtown Disney with my church Friends (friends from church) and played a giant game of hide and seek. When we played, we would get really into it and start walking with giant groups of people to blend in and we would try to change our look...we would put up our hair take off our sweatshirts roll up our jeans."
    rhiannonyee

Post  rhiannonyee Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:29 pm

While the majority of AHS students spent their spring break slaving away at mountainous piles of homework, not everyone chose to be shut inside the house all work and no play. From going to the beach, rock concerts, picking strawberries to bikram yoga, find out what your peers did during the break!

Alex Rousset, senior
    "I went [to the beach] with a bunch of my friends…the first time I went it was windy and not that sunny, so I didn't put any sun block [on] and then I put tanning oil on. When I came home I had the worst sun burn ever. I have never gotten one this bad and then two days later, I went to the beach again...that made it even worse and now I am paying for the sunburn. I look like a reptile on my back the way I am peeling!"

Keelan Ellis, senior

Shannon Hsu, junior

Ray Chao, junior
    “Over spring break, my friend Virginia and I went to a bikram yoga class in South Pasadena. Bikram yoga is similar to normal yoga, however the room is heated to 110 degrees with 60% humidity. The heat is intended to increase flexibility and has a detoxifying effect, but is excruciatingly painful. Virginia and I almost passed out during the 90 min. class, contorted into different poses with sweat rolling off of our bodies. The class was so intense, several of the other people in the class were crying (but not us). After all the torture, the class was extremely refreshing, rewarding, and worth the pain.”

Grace Song, sophomore

“I went to Chuck E. Cheese over my spring break with my friend Manny and his family. We went so that his little sisters could play the games and use up old tokens…well we ended up getting really into it and tried beating all the high scores possible. It was so fun bringing out my inner kid again. ”

Shelby Dreves, freshman
    "One day I went to Downtown Disney with my friends from church and played a giant game of hide and seek. When we played, we would get really into it and start walking with giant groups of people to blend in and we would try to change our look...we would put up our hair take off our sweatshirts roll up our jeans."
    velindaliao

Post  velindaliao Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:58 am

heeey~

could you guys rewrite the intro? you could probably keep the first part (up to 'all work and no play') but the second sentence of that intro kind of gives everything away plus we're not using every single person's experience (so it would be really weird if you say 'picking strawberres to bikram yoga' and we dont use the picking strawberries one) so please get that done :3 thanks

ALSOOOOOO

to whoever got the blurb from phillip - does this friend Manny go to AHS? because if he does then we will need his grade and last name
    rhiannonyee

Post  rhiannonyee Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:38 am

While the majority of AHS students spent their spring break slaving away at mountainous piles of homework, not everyone chose to be shut inside the house all work and no play. From hanging out with friends or traveling on trains, planes, and automobiles, find out what your peers did during the break!

Alex Rousset, senior
    "I went [to the beach] with a bunch of my friends…the first time I went it was windy and not that sunny, so I didn't put any sun block [on] and then I put tanning oil on. When I came home I had the worst sun burn ever. I have never gotten one this bad and then two days later, I went to the beach again...that made it even worse and now I am paying for the sunburn. I look like a reptile on my back the way I am peeling!"

Keelan Ellis, senior

Shannon Hsu, junior

Ray Chao, junior

Grace Song, sophomore

“I went to Chuck E. Cheese over my spring break with my friend Manny and his family. We went so that his little sisters could play the games and use up old tokens…well we ended up getting really into it and tried beating all the high scores possible. It was so fun bringing out my inner kid again. ”

Shelby Dreves, freshman
    "One day I went to Downtown Disney with my friends from church and played a giant game of hide and seek. When we played, we would get really into it and start walking with giant groups of people to blend in and we would try to change our look...we would put up our hair take off our sweatshirts roll up our jeans."

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm