The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Athlete Profile

alexethridge

Athlete Profile Empty Athlete Profile

Post  alexethridge Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:21 am

Alex Ethridge
    Athlete Profile on Naomi Wilcox

If you were to walk by Naomi Wilcox in a crowded hallway, you would never wonder how many miles she runs each week. If you were to walk by Naomi Wilcox, it’d never cross your mind that she can run a mile in under six minutes. The truth is that behind that blonde hair, those sparkling blue eyes, and handful of freckles is a determined athlete who is not afraid of the words ‘hard work’.
    Sophomore Naomi Wilcox is a member of the Girls Cross Country team, and a pretty good one at that. After a year of running for the frosh-soph team and a summer of intense training, Naomi will be competing in varsity races this season. But what’s it like to be the girl running several miles a day while others are hanging out at the mall? Let’s find out.
    Besides cross country, Naomi is a part of Arcadia High School’s orchestra, water polo, and track team. She says about her variety of activities, “Track and cross country usually come as a pair, and I love water polo because it allows me to be in the water and on a team at the same time.” In addition to all of these extracurriculars, Naomi balances a full load of schoolwork including honors classes and a language. Juggling school and cross country, two time consuming activities, can be difficult, but Naomi is undaunted. “Balancing school and cross country is sometimes a struggle. After a hard workout I feel like just going home, eating, and sleeping. Managing the two may be difficult, but it can be done!” In her free time, Naomi likes to go to the beach to “both run and relax.” She also enjoys traveling, and hopes to travel out of the country more often.
    Naomi says she is excited for the upcoming season and “is anxious to see how far [the] team will go.” As for her goals this year, they are very straightforward. “My goals as a team are to make it all the way to CIF Finals. Although we haven't made it in a while, I feel like our team is strong enough this year to go all the way.”
    That will be a difficult goal to achieve but for Naomi, it’s just another finish line.
    oisheeshemontee

Athlete Profile Empty Re: Athlete Profile

Post  oisheeshemontee Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:27 pm

If you were to walk by Naomi Wilcox in a crowded hallway, you would never wonder how many miles she runs each week. If you were to walk by Naomi Wilcox, it’d never cross your mind that she can run a mile in under six minutes. The truth is that behind that blonde hair, those sparkling blue eyes, and handful of freckles is a determined athlete who is not afraid of the words ‘hard work’.
    Sophomore Naomi Wilcox is a member of the Girls Cross Country team, and a pretty good one at that. After a year of running for the frosh-soph team and a summer of intense training, Naomi will be competing in varsity races this season. But what’s it like to be the girl running several miles a day while others are hanging out at the mall? Let’s find out.
    Besides cross country, Naomi is a part of Arcadia High School’s orchestra, water polo, and track team. She says about her variety of activities, “Track and cross country usually come as a pair, and I love water polo because it allows me to be in the water and on a team at the same time.” In addition to all of these extracurriculars, Naomi balances a full load of schoolwork including honors classes and a [foreign] language. Juggling school and cross country, two time[-] consuming activities, can be difficult, but Naomi is undaunted. “Balancing school and cross country is sometimes a struggle. After a hard workout I feel like just going home, eating, and sleeping. Managing the two may be difficult, but it can be done!” In her free time, Naomi likes to go to the beach to “both run and relax.” She also enjoys traveling, and hopes to travel out of the country more often.
    Naomi says she is excited for the upcoming season and “is anxious to see how far [the] team will go.” As for her goals this year, they are very straightforward. “My goals as a team are to make it all the way to CIF Finals. Although we haven't made it in a while, I feel like our team is strong enough this year to go all the way.”
    That will be a difficult goal to achieve[,] but for Naomi, it’s just another finish line.
    alexethridge

Athlete Profile Empty Revised Copy of Athlete Profile on

Post  alexethridge Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm

Alex Ethridge
    Athlete Profile on Naomi Wilcox

Besides cross country, Naomi is a part of Arcadia High School’s orchestra, water polo, and track team. She says about her variety of activities, “Track and cross country usually come as a pair, and I love water polo because it allows me to be in the water and on a team at the same time.” In addition to all of these extracurriculars, Naomi balances a full load of schoolwork including honors classes and a foreign language. Juggling school and cross country, two time-consuming activities, can be difficult, but Naomi is undaunted. “Balancing school and cross country is sometimes a struggle. After a hard workout I feel like just going home, eating, and sleeping. Managing the two may be difficult, but it can be done!” In her free time, Naomi likes to go to the beach to “both run and relax.” She also enjoys traveling, and hopes to travel out of the country more often.
    That will be a difficult goal to achieve, but for Naomi, it’s just another finish line.

Sponsored content

Athlete Profile Empty Re: Athlete Profile

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 3:03 am