The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

10 Words - Traveling

oisheeshemontee

10 Words - Traveling Empty 10 Words - Traveling

Post  oisheeshemontee Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:18 pm

10 Words – Traveling

School’s just started, but already many are longing for their summer break. But if it makes you feel any better, going anywhere in the summer brings you face to face with at least one of these things:

1) Jet Hag – The common appearance shared by many passengers post-red-eye-flight, when bed-head and crusty eyes seem to have multiplied.
    “My brother’s Facebook profile picture is a jet-hagged picture of me he took after my nonstop flight from Sydney”

2) Road trip – A long, tortuous drive, often filled with wrong turns and missed exits that continues going even after the DVD player breaks down, and the iPod battery runs out of charge.
    “We took a road trip from Arcadia to Seattle. We were supposed to get there the day before my grandma’s 90th birthday, but she was nearly 91 by the time we finally arrived”.

3) Sluggage – Luggage that always comes out of baggage claim last, and always seems to belong to you.
    “I would have been there sooner, but my sluggage seemed to have disappeared”.

4) Deflydrated – The sickly-green tinge your skin takes on after a twelve-hour flight in dry cabin air.
    “They confiscated my moisturizer in security, so that’s why I look even more deflydrated than usual”.

5) Window seat – The never-available seat that is always fought over by siblings, but usually ends up carrying the family crybaby.
    “Stacey, if you stop whining and you get the window seat, but you have to let Andrew have it on the way back”.

6) Water – Friendly, lovable H2O everywhere else, while passing through security, water is a hazardous liability, possibly camouflaging explosive material.
    “Don’t lie to me! I saw you trying to sneak that Evian water bottle past us!”

7) Foreignese – English, exaggerated loudly and clearly, in the hopes that the porter will be able to understand you, or that a nearby Good Samaritan will come to your rescue.
    “I had such a sore throat after speaking Foreignese for so long, that I lost my voice the next morning!”

Cool Exchange Rate – Going up, going down, this rises and falls faster than the elevators. It’s complicated and confusing, but if you choose your country wisely (or just get lucky), you might just have become a millionaire in that country’s local currency.
    “The exchange rate here is so tricky – I thought I got a really good price on that T-Shirt, but my guide just told me I paid $300 for it!”

9) Travel Trailer – Often used for long road trips, this vehicle is your basic home away from home. That is, if your home has teeny tiny beds, a too-low roof, and just not enough miles-per-gallon to be environmentally safe.
    “I got so used to stooping around in my travel trailer, I walked with a hunched back for three days”.

10) Layover – When you stop at a place that’s not your destination, wait an hour or two in the plane, decide to get out in the airport to stretch your legs, spend ten minutes in the duty-free store before hearing your flight’s last call, and running back to your plane before it leaves you.
    “We had a layover in New York on the way here, so I decided to go souvenir shopping. I got as far as the checkout line before I realized I’d left my wallet on the plane”.
    hanarudolph

10 Words - Traveling Empty Re: 10 Words - Traveling

Post  hanarudolph Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:28 am

10 Words – Traveling

School’s just started, but already many insert of us are longing for their summer break. But if it makes you feel any better, going anywhere in the summer brings you face to face with at least one of these put in an adjective! things:

1) Jet Hag – The common appearance shared by many passengers post-red-eye-flight, when bed-head and crusty eyes seem to have multiplied reword multiply-- you can't multiply bed-head..
    “My brother’s Facebook profile picture is a jet-hagged picture of me that he took after my nonstop flight from Sydney” period?

2) Road trip – A long, tortuous drive, often filled with wrong turns and missed exits that continues going even after the DVD player breaks down, and the iPod battery runs out of charge.
    “We took a road trip from Arcadia to Seattle. We were supposed to get there the day before my grandma’s 90th birthday, but she was nearly 91 by the time we finally arrived”. period goes before end-quotation mark.

3) Sluggage – Luggage that always comes out of baggage claim last, and always seems to belong to you.
    “I would have been there sooner, but my sluggage seemed to have disappeared”.

4) Deflydrated – The sickly-green tinge your skin takes on after a twelve-hour flight in dry cabin air.
    “They confiscated my moisturizer in security, so that’s why I look even more deflydrated than usual”.

5) Window seat – The never-available seat that is always fought over by siblings, but usually ends up carrying the family crybaby.
    “Stacey, if you stop whining and you get the window seat "Stacey, if you stop whining, you can have the window seat...", but you have to let Andrew have it on the way back”.

6) Water – Friendly, lovable H2O everywhere else, while passing through security, water is a hazardous liability, possibly camouflaging explosive material. awk phrasing. perhaps put a colon in after everywhere else?

7) Foreignese – English, exaggerated loudly and clearly, in the hopes that the porter will be able to understand you, or that a nearby Good Samaritan will come to your rescue.
    “I had such a sore throat after speaking Foreignese for so long, that I lost my voice the next morning!”

number eight? Exchange Rate – Going up, going down, this rises and falls faster than the elevators. It’s complicated and confusing, but if you choose your country wisely (or just get lucky), you might just have become a millionaire in that country’s local currency.
    “The exchange rate here is so tricky – I thought I got a really good price on that T-Shirt, but my guide just told me I paid $300 for it!”

9) Travel Trailer – Often used for long road trips, this vehicle is your basic home away from home. That is, if your home has teeny tiny beds, a too-low roof, and just not enough miles-per-gallon to be environmentally safe.
    “I got so used to stooping around in my travel trailer, I walked with a hunched back for three days”.

10) Layover – When you stop at a place that’s not your destination, wait an hour or two in the plane, decide to get out in the airport to stretch your legs, spend ten minutes in the duty-free store before hearing your flight’s last call, and running "run"-- you can't change verb tenseback to your plane before it leaves you. layovers don't mean you stay in the same plane-- you usually have to go to another terminal to change flights
    “We had a layover in New York on the way here, so I decided to go souvenir shopping. I got as far as the checkout line before I realized I’d left my wallet on the plane”.

I would recommend changing the order of words so that your made up words go last, in normal-annoying/weird words order
    oisheeshemontee

Post  oisheeshemontee Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:49 am

School’s just started, but already many of us are longing for their summer break. But if it makes you feel any better, going anywhere in the summer brings you face to face with at least one of these less-than-enjoyable things:

1) Deflydrated – The sickly-green tinge your skin takes on after a twelve-hour flight in dry cabin air.
    “They confiscated my moisturizer in security, so that’s why I look even more deflydrated than usual.”

2) Exchange Rate – Going up, going down, this rises and falls faster than the elevators. It’s complicated and confusing, but if you choose your country wisely (or just get lucky), you might just have become a millionaire in that country’s local currency.

3) Foreignese – English, exaggerated loudly and clearly, in the hopes that the porter will be able to understand you, or that a nearby Good Samaritan will come to your rescue.

4) Jet Hag – The common appearance shared by many passengers post-red-eye-flight, when bed-head and crusty eyes never seem to go away, no matter how much you comb your hair.
    “My brother’s Facebook profile picture is a jet-hagged picture of me that he took after my nonstop flight from Sydney.”

5) Layover – When you stop at a place that’s not your destination, sleep an hour or two in the airport, and wake up just in time to hear your flight’s last call.

6) Road trip – A long, tortuous drive, often filled with wrong turns and missed exits that continues going even after the DVD player breaks down, and the iPod battery runs out of charge.
    “We took a road trip from Arcadia to Seattle. We were supposed to get there the day before my grandma’s 90th birthday, but she was nearly 91 by the time we finally arrived.”

7) Sluggage – Luggage that always comes out of baggage claim last, and always seems to belong to you.
    “I would have been there sooner, but my sluggage seemed to have disappeared.”

Cool Travel Trailer – Often used for long road trips, this vehicle is your basic home away from home. That is, if your home has teeny tiny beds, a too-low roof, and just not enough miles-per-gallon to be environmentally safe.

9) Water – Friendly, lovable H2O everywhere else; while passing through security, water becomes a a hazardous liability, too dangerous to carry anywhere near a a plane.

10) Window seat – The never-available seat that is always fought over by siblings, but usually ends up carrying the family crybaby.
    "Stacey, if you stop whining, you can have the window seat, but you have to let Andrew have it on the way back.”

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:10 pm