The Pow Wow Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Pow Wow Forum

The Apache Pow Wow

2 posters

Novice Champs

nancyxiao

Novice Champs Empty Novice Champs

Post  nancyxiao Thu May 13, 2010 9:16 pm

AHS Speech and Debate novices aren't so novice anymore, especially not after May 21 and May 22, where they all competed at Novice Champs. All of the novices this year will advance to become Junior Varsity members of speech and debate. This means that they will have to compete at a higher level; but AHS is ready for that! They did exceptionally well, with _ novices breaking into finals and _ tournament champions. List of people who made finals and what place they got. Quote from finalist, "LALALA SO COOOL!" Quote from tournament champion, "LALALALALLAL SUPER COOLL."
    Novice Champs was also the first tournament at which new varsity members could judge. SOMEONE SOMEONE said of their first taste of judging, "It really is a different experience, and it improves your own speaking." COOL COOL
    "Quote from coaches" "LALALALALAA" Speech and Debate rules! Tryouts!
    nancyxiao

Novice Champs Empty Re: Novice Champs

Post  nancyxiao Thu May 13, 2010 9:16 pm

will definitely be longer after it actually happens. Approximately 300 to 400 words Smile
    Joanna Liao

Novice Champs Empty edit 1

Post  Joanna Liao Fri May 14, 2010 7:08 pm

AHS Speech and Debate novices aren't so novice anymore, especially not after May 21 and May 22, where (when) they all competed at Novice Champs. All of the novices this year will advance to become Junior Varsity members of speech and debate. This means that they will have to compete at a higher level; but AHS is (change to: they are) ready for that! They did exceptionally well, with _ novices breaking into finals and _ tournament champions. List of people who made finals and what place they got. Quote from finalist, "LALALA SO COOOL!" Quote from tournament champion, "LALALALALLAL SUPER COOLL."
    Novice Champs was also the first tournament at which new varsity members could judge. SOMEONE SOMEONE said of their first taste of judging, "It really is a different experience, and it improves your own speaking." COOL COOL
    nancyxiao

Post  nancyxiao Tue May 18, 2010 10:47 pm

AHS Speech and Debate novices aren't so novice anymore, especially not after May 21 and May 22, when they all competed at Novice Champs. All of the novices this year will advance to become Junior Varsity members of speech and debate. This means that they will have to compete at a higher level; but they are ready for that! They did exceptionally well, with _ novices breaking into finals and _ tournament champions. List of people who made finals and what place they got. Quote from finalist, "LALALA SO COOOL!" Quote from tournament champion, "LALALALALLAL SUPER COOLL."

Hi Sally, hey Smile sorry I haven't been posting too much on this article, Novice Champs is this Saturday so hope you know that I'm not neglecting this article!
    nancyxiao

Post  nancyxiao Sun May 23, 2010 11:58 pm

AHS Speech and Debate novices aren't so novice anymore, especially not after May 21 and May 22, when they all competed at Novice Champs. All of the novices this year will advance to become Junior Varsity members of speech and debate. This means that they will have to compete at a higher level; but they are absolutely ready for that! They did exceptionally well, with 14 novices breaking into finals. Novice Champs proved to be an extremely successful tournament for AHS, as we placed 3rd in the overall sweepstakes. Sophomore Chung Chan, who placed 6th in Original Prose and Poetry, said "Three words: So. Incredibly. Fun."
    Novice Champs was also the first tournament at which new varsity members could judge. Sophomore Andy Qin said of his first taste judging, "It really gave me a new perspective on competition. When I am competing and someone forgets their speech, I think 'Yes! I got this,' but when I judge and some forgets, I think 'Oh no! I hope they remember!'" Sophomore Amit Akula said, "It really is a different experience, and viewing speeches from a different perspective actually improves my own speaking."
    Considering all the changes that Novice Champs signifies, it really is a special tournament. Also because of the fact that it is the final tournament for senior speech members to participate in while they are still attending high school. Senior Charles Lin from San Marino High School said, "It felt great to have one last chance to meet everyone I've met in my four years, all in one moment. I will miss you all!" I am sure that all seniors leaving AHS share the same sentiment. Another thing is also for sure; althought the graduation seniors are leaving our campus, they will always be members of the AHS Speech and Debate family.

Duo Interpretation
    3rd Sidney Zhang and Richard Li
    5th Rachel G. and Jonathan Kwok
    7th Nathan Chi and Jeanne Kuang

Humorous Interpretation
    7th Josie Yang

Dramatic Interpretation
    3rd Tricia Lin
    4th Farihah Chowdry

Congress:
    2nd Richard Li
    5th Mary Guyer